RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

graysondamondamian

Apr 22, 2004, 3:43 AM
Post #1 of 7 (428 views)
Shortcut

Video Production School
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Anyone know a college with a good film/video production school and is near good climbing?

andypro

Apr 22, 2004, 4:08 AM
Post #2 of 7 (428 views)
Shortcut

Re: Video Production School [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Anyone know a college with a good film/video production school and is near good climbing?

I dont know anything in particular, but I would guess theres a plethora in NYC or thereabouts, and from there youve got the gunks and daks.

Possibly RIT maybe? I dont know what kinda programs they'd have, if any, along those lines. Also, theres the Toronto school of art. Youve got the escarpment right there. Not exactly world class, but theres alot of climbing.

cliffmonkey2003

Apr 22, 2004, 4:16 AM
Post #3 of 7 (428 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You should check out www.fastweb.com You can do a college search for specific areas and degree programs, costs, populations, etc. It's pretty spiffy. Apparently Cal State is world class, according to a friend of mine that goes to school for that in Michigan.

climber49er

Apr 22, 2004, 4:42 AM
Post #4 of 7 (428 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Get a few good books on techniques, study hard, and just do it.

I went from never having produced anything at all to making a living doing TV commercials (full production: shoot, edit, lighting, scripting, the works) in about 6 months. If you have any aptitude at all and a lot of desire you can do it waaay faster and waaay cheaper yourself. Think of all the nice gear you could buy with those tuition fees.

suzanica

Apr 22, 2004, 4:58 AM
Post #5 of 7 (428 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well...how hardcore of a school are you talking about? If you think school is realy necessary (many argue it's not), and really serious AND have a crapload of money on your hands, you could always come to USC. (Southern California, not South Carolina)

The USC film school is world-renowned for production and you're in a good area to jump into the film industry with plenty of opportunities to gain experience in the field through connections they hook you up with in school and while working on sets. (you're in Los Angeles after all).

And there is climbing here in California....
The journalism school for broadcast production is also excellent and hooks you up with the industry. But be prepared to be a$$-reamed by tuition.

graysondamondamian

Apr 22, 2004, 5:13 AM
Post #6 of 7 (428 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

UofSoCal, no doubt, but i do not want to be in journalism haha at all..then again im sure they have what im thinkin about. but the location.. what is there to do in SoCal?! :lol:

capcom1701

Apr 22, 2004, 6:39 AM
Post #7 of 7 (428 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You could check out the University of Arizona down in Tucson... there is some pretty good climbing up on Mt. Lemmon. The U of A's program is geared toward turning out competent indie filmmakers. If you want to get into the "biz" you should head toward LA or NY. Then again, there are media opportunities in all sorts of places. Atlanta is a pretty large market, esp. for television. I'm not too sure what kind of university programs they have around there, but there's climbing in GA and Tenn. As far as the usefulness of a degree in the Media fields, it all depends on what you want to do. If you are interested in becoming an Animator (digi or traditional) you better start looking for art schools. Writer/director/producer types will find a lot of doors closed if they don't have a degree. (unless of course they are a Lucas type) If you want to work in television, you need to get a degree. If you want to work below the line as a cameraman, grip, utility, or whatnot, you don't really need the diploma to start making cash... you just need to find someone willing to hire you a couple of times... work your butt off as a PA, and you'll find more opportunities. Start looking online at the types of jobs that you think you'd like to work, and see what kind of requirements they have. If you are interested in film production, look at www.mandy.com Send me a message if you have anymore questions. Best of Luck
J.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook