Forums: Community: The Ladies' Room:
How has climbing changed your social life?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

artclimber

Apr 29, 2004, 12:02 AM
Post #51 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Re: How has climbing changed your social life? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i've have to agree with pretty much all of you. the whole "confidence thing" is a definite benefit for me. My fiance' (then bf) got me into climbing while i was going through an eating disorder... one of the major things that got me through it was climbing. the bottom line was this: IF YOU DON'T EAT, YOU CAN'T CLIMB!!! and every day i had problems with my eating disorder, i had problems climbing. (the BAD kind of problems. heheh) i soon found out that it just wasn't worth it. climbing is now my life. End of story :)

climbhigh2005

Apr 29, 2004, 1:58 AM
Post #52 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You guys are from chatt??? I live about an hour fromt here.. we should get together some time and climb! I am always looking for other girls to climb with!

superjen

May 3, 2004, 2:00 AM
Post #53 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi to all my fellow climbing girls! I also am new to the site and am happy to have found the ladies room.

I love the way that my social life has changed. I've met other girls that are understanding about the way I live life. I've met people from all over the country on road trips - having a wide spread network is great. I feel more natural and happy and confident now that I am a climber. I can even see myself progressing emotionally, mentally towards where I want to be as I climb more and go through different experiences with climbing.

The only catch... it is making school (3 more semesters to go) seem even longer, especially in Wisconsin.

I don't know what else I would do if I didn't climb...

maww

May 3, 2004, 4:27 PM
Post #54 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey superjen,

I'm in Milwaukee too - would you be interested in climbing together sometime? I am pretty new to the scene and mainly go to the gym (the downtown YMCA's rock wall). I'd like to go to Adv Rock but do not have a partner. Like I said, I am new - been climbing since March - but if you want to get together sometime, let me know! My email is in my profile or PM me. Take care!

And I know what you mean about WI - I am getting out of here soon too!!! :) Good luck with school...it's worth the effort, I promise!

alisonut

May 5, 2004, 6:58 PM
Post #55 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,
I'm a climbing mom with a five month old. My husband doesn't like climbing as much as I do and is fine hanging out with the baby while I climb. But now I need partners I live in Ogden Utah. We should start a support group for climbing parents or moms. Glad to hear you're getting out. Where do you live?

keithlester
Deleted

Jun 9, 2004, 6:34 PM
Post #56 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think I am just the opposite. I never had much of a social life, not being a pub geezer, but over the years, climbing has become my social life. I went with a climbing buddy for 2 weeks in costa blance last xmas and new year, and that was my first holiday for about 10 years. My email contact list is 90% climbers. Only one problem, what ever am I going to do when I'm too old to climb? Sit at a computer making patetic contributions to climbing forums, maybe. :?

Oh sh!t, in the last six weeks my life has turned totally upside down. I've met the woman of my dreams, she's a Scorpio, sexy, passionate and insanely jealous, (I'm a Leo, warm, loving and loyal), now I only wanna go climbing when she's not around. What can I do? I'm done for. Gonna die without my baby, gonna die if I cant go climbing. She gets worried as hell if I'm away climbing, but tells me I gotta keep doing what I love. Alas she doen't climb.

Life used to be so simple, now its complicated as fcuk. How do other guys or girls manage this predicament?

kimmyt

Jun 9, 2004, 6:38 PM
Post #57 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

don't get into relationships.

:wink:

No, wait, I'm serious.

:?

K.

Partner taino

Jun 9, 2004, 7:06 PM
Post #58 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

No, wait, I'm serious.

K.

She really is, too.

T

keithlester
Deleted

Jun 9, 2004, 7:42 PM
Post #59 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

No, wait, I'm serious.

K.

Too late for that advice, I'm hooked, have finally found the soul mate I bin looking for these 53 years, there's no going back. Check your horoscopes and you'll see what a Leo/Scorpio partnership can be like. Its like that, only more so, we got 30 years of catching up to do, and we're doing it at the speed of light. So dont tell me not to get into a relationship, I cant be saved, I'm lost already, ( blissfully happy to be lost ) Just glad I been climbing all these years and am still fit enough to enjoy being in love. :oops:

kimmyt

Jun 10, 2004, 1:38 AM
Post #60 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

aww, if i wasn't barfing right now i'd think that was cute.

just kidding, friend, I'm very happy for you.

K.

Partner missedyno

Jun 10, 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #61 of 61 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if it can be considered as "changing my social life" i too found my soul mate via climbing.

lucky in love i am i am (see schmultzy profile for gorey details)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook