First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

deleted
Deleted

Jun 19, 2003, 11:10 PM
Post #51 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Re: Leadville Colorado Blowout! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

okay, okay ... if we MUST have a bathhouse scene and dress up like the village people i call dibs on the construction worker costume. he always did have a really long, um ... hammer. as a former marine i REFUSE to have anything to do with dressing in a *gasp* navy uniform!

and, as far as the showtunes ... again, if we MUST, i say we do all the numbers from "paint your wagon". at least clint eastwood and lee marvin (a decorated wwii marine) were in the film version.

"where am i goin', i don't know. when will i get there, i ain't certain. alls i know is i am on my waaaayyyyy ..." :lol:

shorty

Jun 19, 2003, 11:40 PM
Post #52 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Me thinks me hears a lot of show and not too much go from the ladies. Let's see, the June trip had the "men in tights" going for it. In reality, it was a little warm for tights, so Geo did his best with the wife-beater t-shirt and climber-dude shorts to reveal his manly physique. And while I was mantling the crux on Arch Rock's Kansas Honey, Geo threw out the "Do you use the butt-blaster?" comment. Honesty, I'm not in the habit of observing other guys' butts, but to each his own. All I know is that when I later dropped a carabiner at the base of the climb, I kicked it all the way to Colorado Springs before bending over to pick it up.

But back to the main point. A lot of talk, but I don't recall either Amber or Skibby at 11-mile. No men in tights, but sometimes ya gotta go with the flow.

So Geo, odds are that we can don our best chaps, borrow a hawg for the weekend (sorry, I'm a rice rocket kind of guy), and do our best YMCA dance routine -- and the gals will still bail!!! And don't think we won't look silly on the Ellingwood Ridge.

I double-dog dare the ladies to show.

Partner calamity_chk

Jun 19, 2003, 11:59 PM
Post #53 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

if i can find an afforable plane ticket and a ride from the airport -- and half a dozen mountain men who are willing to wear leather for an evening -- i'll be there with bells on .. might even bring some jello for the wrestling match.

deleted
Deleted

Jun 20, 2003, 12:58 AM
Post #54 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

well, shorty, i don't know. you and me on the ridge sounds okay.

picture this: you, me, the ellingwood ridge ... candle light, a bottle of wine. manilow playing softly in the background ... :lol:

Partner calamity_chk

Jun 20, 2003, 1:17 AM
Post #55 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

damn, geo .. throw in a grilled steak and the desert and it sounds like my favorite first date .. :wink:

atg200

Jun 20, 2003, 3:30 AM
Post #56 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

good god. i work for a few hours, and look what happens to this thread. i am going to have to start training so i can kick geo's ass. if i keep drinking beer, i bet i can get my gut as big around as one of geo's calves in a month or so...

looks like i have to bail - my trip just moved up a week. on the other hand, while y'all are in colorado i'll be in central asia trying to thumb a ride to the tien shan. i'll send a postcard, and $50 to whoever keeps amber in line(but not in that way geo!)

deleted
Deleted

Jun 20, 2003, 4:59 AM
Post #57 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

well then, you just go ahead and go off on your little trip to alabamastan, or whatever. WE'LL "take care" of miss amber!

and, sir, a southern gentleman doesn't kiss and tell. :wink:

climbsomething

Jun 20, 2003, 9:20 AM
Post #58 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I am quite sure I won't be there but I still plan on reading this thread every day because geo keeps me IN STITCHES!!

Between the altitude and the hysterical laughing I'd have cerebral edema within 5 minutes of walking in the door 8)

jhattan

Jun 20, 2003, 12:47 PM
Post #59 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
and, sir, a southern gentleman doesn't kiss and tell. :wink:

Well, either you're not southern or not a gentleman, cause I recall you bringing up (on multiple occasions) some garlic thing that some girl did that you liked so much. :P

Sorry Geo, Laura and I won't make the gathering. I have a wedding I must attend.

uncle_big_green

Jun 20, 2003, 2:28 PM
Post #60 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
and, as far as the showtunes ... again, if we MUST, i say we do all the numbers from "paint your wagon". at least clint eastwood and lee marvin (a decorated wwii marine) were in the film version.

Now that's funny. I saw that flick about 12 yrs. ago. Did anyone ever see the Simpsons episode where Homer thought he was about to watch Clint and Lee kick ass in that movie and then the singing started?

Anyway, I didn't hear any mention of Bridgeport George, so I might not have any reason to attend now.

Partner calamity_chk

Jun 20, 2003, 2:50 PM
Post #61 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
i'll send a postcard, and $50 to whoever keeps amber in line(but not in that way geo!)

hells yeah. does "keeping amber in line" involve leather and bull whips!?!?? and do i get a post card????

In reply to:
I might not have any reason to attend now.

i hereby challenge kcrag to a jello wrestling contest at the summit. the winner gets to hide a rock in UBG's pack and steal his beer.

Partner calamity_chk

Jun 20, 2003, 2:56 PM
Post #62 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I am quite sure I won't be there but I still plan on reading this thread every day because geo keeps me IN STITCHES!!

Between the altitude and the hysterical laughing I'd have cerebral edema within 5 minutes of walking in the door 8)

whoa. you mean people are reading this, even if they dont plan to attend??? isnt that against the law or something!?

deleted
Deleted

Jun 20, 2003, 5:51 PM
Post #63 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

[quote="jhattan"][quote:e83c063d11="mtngeo"]Well, either you're not southern or not a gentleman, cause I recall you bringing up (on multiple occasions) some garlic thing that some girl did that you liked so much.[/quote:e83c063d11]

hey -- i never mentioned names ... and never will. besides, like every other guy i COULD be lying. :roll:

and for the record: it wasn't garlic. it was a garlic PRESS. 8)

kcrag

Jun 20, 2003, 6:10 PM
Post #64 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
i hereby challenge kcrag to a jello wrestling contest at the summit. the winner gets to hide a rock in UBG's pack and steal his beer.

Watch it, amber. You're talking about a gal who pinned down her latina competition in 10.4 seconds during the 1993 Miss Ibiza Mud Wrestling Extravaganza. (cough cough, of course that was ten years ago)

Still, you better start training now. I'll certainly be up for a match on top of La Plata (hey, where's lilred?).

deleted
Deleted

Jun 20, 2003, 6:15 PM
Post #65 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

well it's about damn TIME my climbing partner got in on this fracas!

where have you BEEN, girl!!?? i bet you're gonna blame it on a computer problem or buying a house or something lame like that.

kcrag

Jun 20, 2003, 6:16 PM
Post #66 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Oh, and this gathering sounds as if it definitely needs an appointed adult supervisor. Any volunteers?

deleted
Deleted

Jun 20, 2003, 6:17 PM
Post #67 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

yeah, there's a cub scout who lives nextdoor.

kcrag

Jun 20, 2003, 6:23 PM
Post #68 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Oh great geo... I'll bet you were his troop leader.

This is gonna be one messy slogfest.

Partner calamity_chk

Jun 20, 2003, 6:37 PM
Post #69 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Watch it, amber. You're talking about a gal who pinned down her latina competition in 10.4 seconds during the 1993 Miss Ibiza Mud Wrestling Extravaganza. (cough cough, of course that was ten years ago)

Still, you better start training now. I'll certainly be up for a match on top of La Plata (hey, where's lilred?).

*sweet* ... how about we make it mud then, instead of jello?

Partner calamity_chk

Jun 20, 2003, 7:06 PM
Post #70 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hahaha .. okay. done deal!

flamer

Jun 20, 2003, 8:31 PM
Post #71 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
well, shorty, i don't know. you and me on the ridge sounds okay.

picture this: you, me, the ellingwood ridge ... candle light, a bottle of wine. manilow playing softly in the background ... :lol:
Oh shorty you came and you climbed without falling.....but GEO sent you away, oh shorty....

I don't have leather pants.... :(
Is this a requirement? Geo did you say something about PITONS??? grin.
HHMMMM, guess I'll have to look at my calendar...
josh

shorty

Jun 20, 2003, 10:02 PM
Post #72 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Geo -- In keeping with the "YMCA" and "In The Navy" leather theme, I'm thinking quiche, white zin chilled by a single ice cube, and a full moon. With something dreamy from Boy George or Elton John for ambiance. Dirtbarbie's holly hobby chairs would be a nice touch, too.

In reality, Ellingwood will be closer to a half-eaten powerbar-like substance from the depths of the pack and luke warm gatoraide by headlamp. And let's not forget the duct-taped gerbil for an after dinner pick-me-up. All this while dodging lightning bolts, avoiding rockfall, and trying to figure out how many ##&@! more rotten spires we have to negotiate on this **%$? ridge.

Now Amber, THAT'S a first date to remember.

deleted
Deleted

Jun 20, 2003, 10:36 PM
Post #73 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

by the way, just to give you people who want to do the ellingwood a little perspective, the dawson guide allows for 12 hours on the route. i did it yesterday in 5 hours.

OUR time will fall somewhere between those two. in fact, i would err waaaaay towards longer.

read up on the route and decide if you're up to it.

shorty! you have command of the thread. carry on ...

Partner calamity_chk

Jun 21, 2003, 12:45 AM
Post #74 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Now Amber, THAT'S a first date to remember.

touche. though, my favorite first date so far involved me sending the kingfisher, leading the first pitch straight out of sport climbing school, bouldering to cool down, having fantastic grilled steaks and veggies, and my very first tricam and bridgeport IPA.

if you can top that plus free trips to siberia, south africa, peru, and possibly easter island and belize, then i'll consider maybe possibly splitting with the current boyfriend -- especially if you'll wear leather pants .. :wink:

shorty

Jun 23, 2003, 6:41 PM
Post #75 of 295 (12447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Amber, let's go down the list.

Leathers (check). No butt-blaster revealing, parking in rear, chaps with fringe here. No siree bob. We're talkin' full on jet black crotch rocket form-fitted-for-speed specials. Matching jacket and gloves complete the ensemble and keep the bovine population down.

Free trips (check).
1. Greeley, Colorado. This booming metropolis is stategically situated between the Monfort feed lots and the sugar beet processing plant. Depending upon the wind direction, it either clears your sinuses or brings tears to your eyes.

2. Colorado Superfund sights. We could start with Rocky Flats (nuclear waste), Climax Mine (molybdenum tailings), or Lowry Landfill (great chemical cocktails) and move on to the more exotic locations later.

3. Neptune Mountaineering, the Independent Republic of Boulder, Colorado. The Mecca of climbing purveyors, nestled in the heart of "Get out your Birkenstocks and hug a tree", USA. You'd love Boulder. The outdoor Pearl Street Mall is a perfect place to see and be seen. And to learn that local ordinances require men to shave their legs and women not to. :shock:

Climbing (check). I don't know anything about the kingfisher, but this state has some of the finest choss piles anywhere. For mountains and 14'er bagging, think heaps of tilted ball bearings in the southern Sawatch range (i.e. Mt. Tabaguache). For over-bolted, squeezed lines, chipped holds, and soft grades, go with Boulder Sport Park. And for soft sandstone that allows you to manufacture holds with a sharp nut tool whenever you deem necessary, Garden of the Gods can't be beat. (My humble apologies to Colorado Springs climbers who like the place.)

Finally, the grilled steak thing. I find gerbil filets just can't be beat. Oh, they can be a little gamey late in the season if they've had the change to run too much. However, they are quite packable, remain fresh for days, and have a multitude of uses. In a pinch at high altitude, substitute pikas or marmots, but don't spare the A1 sauce.

Remember, Colorado is home to Coors Lite -- the most manly of manly beers. And for cross-training, or cross-dressing, or cross-whatever, the queen of drinks, ZIMA ("there's Zomething In My A$$").

It just doesn't get any better than this.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook