Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
Red Rocks Rendezvous will rock!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next page Last page  View All

flamer

Mar 18, 2004, 1:12 AM
Post #226 of 251 (14153 views)
Shortcut

Re: Red Rocks Rendezvous will rock! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
wearing an rc.com shirt is part of getting to work the booth and flirt with josh. (heh. i'm starting to feel like his pimp - as if he needs one.) :P

YOU'RE WEIRD.
josh

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 18, 2004, 7:15 AM
Post #227 of 251 (14153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yay, perfect grammar/punctuation!!

.. and we've already covered the amber's weird topic - i've never attempted to imply that i'm normal by any stretch of the imagination.

though, if you keep calling me names like that, i'll eventually get my feelings hurt, internalize it so that it becomes frustration, and then pull some serious kung-fu moves and kick your butt .. well, that or i'll just sit in the corner and pout, haha.

mother_sheep

Mar 18, 2004, 3:14 PM
Post #228 of 251 (14153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
well, it aint me because i'm not cute. nyah.

btw, i talked to mr faber about those bolts. if he cant make time for a look-see, i have two other people lined up to confirm my assessment. :P

(amber taps the mic)

[official] i cannot be held accoutable for the actions of friends vacationing at my place during the summer who happen to find their way into certain areas of boulder canyon while i am at work - especially if said actions involve epoxy and crowbars. thank you. [/official]

i love tracy, yes i do - i love tracy, how 'bout you?
:D

1. Knowing, dating, shagging cute guys w/crowbars doesn’t give you the credibility to be known as a bolt chopper. Fall for a hottie sport climber and then get back to us.

2. Following in the footsteps of “that guy” will get you no where but a rep for being an ass, which I know you’re not.

3. Bragging about “wanting to” chop bolts days before you journey to one of the most famous sport climbing areas in the country is probably not one of your smartest moves but keep on talking sista.

Yes, I do love ya!

shorty

Mar 18, 2004, 3:57 PM
Post #229 of 251 (14153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Bragging about “wanting to” chop bolts days before you journey to one of the most famous sport climbing areas in the country is probably not one of your smartest moves
Exactly. The bolt/dolt flame wars should have died decades ago. Let's get over this @&#! and just climb.

And Amber, you seem very willing to anounce your intentions in advance for an region where bolts are so commonly used and generally accepted. Caveat emptor -- retribution can be an ugly thing. I've heard rumors of what a Bosch can do to car doors.

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 18, 2004, 4:14 PM
Post #230 of 251 (14153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
1. Knowing, dating, shagging cute guys w/crowbars doesn’t give you the credibility to be known as a bolt chopper. Fall for a hottie sport climber and then get back to us.
1a. i havent chopped any bolt; thus i am not a bolt chopper. if my excitement and online pranks construe me as such, i apologize.

1b. my falling for a hottie sport climber is highly unlikely. the shallow hag in me might give way to oogling at times, but that's about as far as it goes.

In reply to:
2. Following in the footsteps of “that guy” will get you no where but a rep for being an ass, which I know you’re not.
while i never have malicious intentions, i would argue that i've made an ass out of myself more than once, IRL and online. .. btw, no comments from the peanut gallery please. ;)

ps - the current strand of "yay, i get to play with hand drills and crowbars" is my following in the footsteps of "that other guy, you know, that one" .. *ahem* .. anyways ...

In reply to:
3. Bragging about “wanting to” chop bolts days before you journey to one of the most famous sport climbing areas in the country is probably not one of your smartest moves but keep on talking sista.
this is incredibly true. unfortunately for me, my typing speed exceeds my thought process. maybe one of these days, with lots of support and therapy, this tendency will reverse itself.

In reply to:
retribution can be an ugly thing. I've heard rumors of what a Bosch can do to car doors.
touche, my wonderful friend shorty. though, i live in boulder and drive a car with texas plates - that should be asking for nearly as much trouble, if not more.

zozo

Mar 18, 2004, 4:47 PM
Post #231 of 251 (14153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well everybody, have a great time. I almost made it to this one. Missed it by that much...

PS The role of Mother_Sheep will be played by Zozo for a limited time engagement........

"Should I put Clearasil in my cornrows?"

mother_sheep

Mar 18, 2004, 6:18 PM
Post #232 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
1a. i havent chopped any bolt; thus i am not a bolt chopper. if my excitement and online pranks construe me as such, i apologize.

1b. my falling for a hottie sport climber is highly unlikely. the shallow hag in me might give way to oogling at times, but that's about as far as it goes.

In reply to:
while i never have malicious intentions, i would argue that i've made an ass out of myself more than once, IRL and online. .. btw, no comments from the peanut gallery please. ;)

ps - the current strand of "yay, i get to play with hand drills and crowbars" is my following in the footsteps of "that other guy, you know, that one" .. *ahem* .. anyways ...

In reply to:
this is incredibly true. unfortunately for me, my typing speed exceeds my thought process. maybe one of these days, with lots of support and therapy, this tendency will reverse itself.

In reply to:
retribution can be an ugly thing. I've heard rumors of what a Bosch can do to car doors.
touche, my wonderful friend shorty. though, i live in boulder and drive a car with texas plates - that should be asking for nearly as much trouble, if not more.

You know I'm just boltin your chops. I mean bustin your bolts. I mean choppin your bolts. I mean bustin your chops.

And the part about you falling for a sportie. Stranger things have happened. I once fell in love/lust with a . . .gasp. . .choke. . . boulderer!

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 18, 2004, 7:23 PM
Post #233 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You know I'm just boltin your chops. I mean bustin your bolts. I mean choppin your bolts. I mean bustin your chops.[/quote hahahahhaa!!!

In reply to:
And the part about you falling for a sportie. Stranger things have happened. I once fell in love/lust with a . . .gasp. . .choke. . . boulderer!
hey, i dated one of those once, too .. and i've played chatty patty with a couple of sport climbers, but they just dont have the rack to satisfy my needs. ;)

flamer

Mar 18, 2004, 9:42 PM
Post #234 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok time to get back on track LADY'S!!!

It'S Fricking beautiful in Vegas today!!!

This weekend is looking wonderful as well!!

I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting all of you starting tomorrow.

josh

maculated

Mar 18, 2004, 10:44 PM
Post #235 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yo all . . .

Demian and I are hoping to get to RR around 1 or so tomorrow. I am going to try to run up some of the moderates in Calico Canyon if you want to meet up.

PM me for cell phone number.

Hope my arm holds out!

drkodos

Mar 18, 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #236 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yo all . . .

Demian and I are hoping to get to RR around 1 or so tomorrow. I am going to try to run up some of the moderates in Calico Canyon if you want to meet up.

PM me for cell phone number.

Hope my arm holds out!

Do not disturb any loose rocks as I may be hiding under one of them with the other desert vermin.

Funny, inadvertent arm pun......just hold it out yourself and all will be fine! It is your arm afterall, but perhaps you are looking for someone else to hold it for you? :wink:

climbsomething

Mar 18, 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #237 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Alex and I will pull in late tomorrow, like, midnightish.

All my pretty models should know who they are! clickclick!

mother_sheep

Mar 18, 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #238 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How warm are the nights out there? I'm probably going to be bivying and I don't want to pack too much warm clothing.

vegastradguy

Mar 18, 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #239 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

forecast is for the mid-50's at night.

i'll be trolling into RR sometime tomorrow morning. i should be attending the festival Sat evening and poss. Sunday afternoon, depending on how early we get done climbing.

climberchic

Mar 18, 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #240 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Myself, Ivan and Bob (imnotafraid) will be rolling in mid-afternoon-ish, as well.

Tracy, I usually have a few extra fleeces with me if you end up needing one.

Amber, did you meet Ivan at the SLC gathering a few years back?

I'm SO psyched! I haven't been to a climbing fest since last years' AZ gathering.

Woo-Hoo!!!
:D

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 18, 2004, 11:51 PM
Post #241 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erica - no, i havent had the chance to meet the man who swept you off your feet, just heard about him :D

looking forward to meeting him, though .. along with everybody else!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

mother_sheep

Mar 19, 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #242 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Erica!

katydid

Mar 19, 2004, 12:39 AM
Post #243 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've got a spare toasty jacket and gloves, too, if you need 'em.

Ben and I should be hitting the road in about 20 minutes, rolling in sometime 8-ish tomorrow morning.

Last I heard, he was planning on climbing...I'm planning on dying of exhaustion. :roll:

See y'all there!

k.

climbsomething

Mar 19, 2004, 1:26 AM
Post #244 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Who is *cragging* and when and where? Because I have agreed to do the ambASSador thing at the booth, and my idea of alpine start is 9 a.m., I am doing the small stuff. They're also easier for me to shoot.

Trad or sport, I'll follow up to mid-high 11 either way, try a sport lead in the 10s, a trad lead in the... much lower ranges :oops: I'm open, really.

Gonna go buy slide film later tonight. Everybody knows it's a better photo on slide! ;)

flamer

Mar 19, 2004, 1:31 AM
Post #245 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
How warm are the nights out there? I'm probably going to be bivying and I don't want to pack too much warm clothing.

HaHa!!
I have some "keep Tracy warm" ideas.

One involves a stuffed bufffalo and a pitching wedge....

josh

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 19, 2004, 1:58 AM
Post #246 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

HaHa!!
I have some "keep Tracy warm" ideas.

One involves a stuffed bufffalo and a pitching wedge....

josh

wow - and you called me weird??

moabbeth

Mar 19, 2004, 2:24 AM
Post #247 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We'll be rolling in Saturday morning. Gotta pick up a friend in JT tafter work tomorrow night, then will head out to RR in the AM, should roll into Vegas sometime before noon Saturday. Will likely come to the Spring Mtn RRR site to see who's around.

And see which soon to be familiar face is working the booth :wink: !

flamer

Mar 19, 2004, 2:47 PM
Post #248 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Today's the day!!!

The fun start's tonight, I'll see you all soon.

josh

Partner calamity_chk

Mar 19, 2004, 2:47 PM
Post #249 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ps, for my friends worried about my bolting/chopping stances, it may help (or perturb you further) to know that i'm also against the existence of glen canyon dam. problem is, there arent as many threads about that abortion of a lake as there are about bolting.

lstockett

Mar 26, 2004, 5:05 AM
Post #250 of 251 (14154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Been reading Ed Abby?

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook