Bugaboos - Vowells Classic Traverse
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

*thriller*
Deleted

Jul 14, 2006, 8:58 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1933 views)
Shortcut

Bugaboos - Vowells Classic Traverse  (North_America: Canada: British_Columbia: The_Bugaboos)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Anyone done it? Mount Wallace, Mount Kelvin, Snafflehound Spire, and Spear Spire, in either direction? I'm headed to The Bugs for the first time in just over a week, and looking at some good options for the 8-10 days we'll be there.

At the intro for the Vowell Group section in the Atkinson & Piche guide, it states that "...approach and descent routes require multiple rappels, which can be difficult to find and rarely established, therefore it is important to bring sufficient webbing and pitons to fix all rappel anchors," and I was just curious if that applied to the Classic Traverse. I don't mind having to abandon the odd sling or chock, but I wasn't planning on bringing a hammer and iron (since I don't even have them) or leaving my whole rack behind. It looks like a grand adventure, but we don't want to get in over our heads.

Also, if anyone's done it before, did you do it as a long day from Applebee, or did you move camp to the East Glacier for a night or two?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Ian

*thriller*
Deleted

Jul 18, 2006, 6:34 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1933 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bugaboos - Vowells Classic Traverse [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So nobody who posts here has been back to the Vowells?

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook