Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Looking for a climbing partner in Iowa!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

aulwes

Aug 15, 2002, 4:01 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1249 views)
Shortcut

Looking for a climbing partner in Iowa!  (North_America: United_States: Utah: St__George: St__George_Area_Crags: Black_Rocks: Sunny_Side)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Post a message in this topic if you are looking for a climbing partner in Iowa!!!

Right now I got the new area I want to climb at "It has never been climbed on before!" I'm talking first ascents!!! But I'm tring to round up someone to climb with!!!
(klymer you are welcome to come down, I'm looking forward to some climbing around Mason City with you next week!)

Most of my other climbing friends are in Kanas City... (you guys are welcome to come up here)

I won't disclose the spot untill I can get a chance at it... but it is 10 miles from my house, and I live 20 miles from DesMoines. The rock is smooth sandstone, fairly tuff. The climb is over a river so most climbs will have to be done on top rope and lower the climber to the bottom.

If I had a silent partner I would be out there now!!!

sully

Aug 19, 2002, 3:52 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1249 views)
Shortcut

Looking for a climbing partner in Iowa! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

OK, now I am VERY curious. I used to live in Des Moines, and I scowered the landscape around there for 2 years looking for climbable rock (always coming up empty). I would love to know where this hidden gem is...but you said that you won't tell.

Unfortunately for me, I have to go back to work tomorrow, so my climbing days are limited to weekends for a while. Otherwise, I would drive down from Dubuque to check it out.

I guess that I will have to settle for day trips to Wild Iowa for the time being.

klymer

Aug 19, 2002, 8:22 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1249 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you talking about the those pics you submitted recently? Looks good Talk about it with you in Mason City and maybe set up a time to rendezvous and make it so...

tinytom51

Oct 14, 2002, 1:26 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1249 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm all about it. If you still need a partner let me know. I live in WDM

Tom 3

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook