First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mother_sheep

Feb 6, 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #1 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Things You Have <ahem> PASSED!
Report this Post
Can't Post

So there I was, stuck in rush hour traffic on I-25. Going 10 MPH was starting to become exhausting and I needed a little pick me up. I reached for my Energy pills, dumped 2 into my palm, threw them in my mouth and took a swig of water. I swallowed something that was not a pill!!! It didn’t take me long to figure out exactly what I did.

The little plastic silica packet that clearly reads, “DO NOT EAT”, was now resting in my throat. I tried as best as I could do to make myself barf. This must have been an amusing sight to the other highway travelers. I’m not so book smart you see, so I instantly figured that the contents of the packet were toxic and I was going to die a fool during my accidental suicide. I internally yelled at myself. “Out of all of the things that I do in my life, I’m gonna meet my demise like this? NOOOOO! I can’t fucking believe this!!! “

I was in a panic. First I called the Weider Corporation to see if the energy pills that I took had a silica packet in the bottle. The answer was yes. Then I called my friend Jeff in AZ who is not only one of my favorite climbing pals, but he’s an EMT. I asked him what I should do. He told me to call poison control. I called poison control and the woman who assisted me had a nice little laugh describing what might happen to me.

“Not too worry she said. The silica is encased in a plastic container. The container will not break down in your system so you’re going to have to pass it. The silica is not toxic and you’re not going to die”. I was very relieved but a little embarrassed at the same time.

Today is a very special day, the first day in my life of its kind. On this day, I gave birth to a bouncing baby silica packet and all of its contents still intact. Gross.

What kind of things have you “passed” through your system? When I was a child I ate several Light-Brite Pegs, thinking they were candy but I never saw them again.

blondgecko

Feb 6, 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #2 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Re: Things You Have <ahem> PASSED! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A couple of kilograms of sand. As a toddler, every time we went to the beach I'd just sit there, eating it by the handful...

wjca

Feb 6, 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #3 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I ate some creamy peanut butter one time and somehow managed to shit out a whole peanut.

reno

Feb 7, 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #4 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I ate some creamy peanut butter one time and somehow managed to s--- out a whole peanut.

wjca, you owe me money for a new computer screen.

:lol:

charley

Feb 7, 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #5 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My mother in laws dog ate her hearing aid and passed it back. She was not a happy camper. Says she hears strange noises now. :lol:

So now I don't need to worry about eating the plastic thing in my jerky.

Partner tattooed_climber

Feb 7, 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #6 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i was like 4 or something, remember those magnet sets that you stacked pieces of metal on top of the magnet? yup, i somehow swallowed the a diamond shaped one.........i got x-rays, they put a camera down my throat, I THOUGHT IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME>.....i was freaked out that i had to show everyone my poop...ahhhhh, the wonderful life of a 4 year old

rufusandcompany

Feb 7, 2006, 1:01 AM
Post #7 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
A couple of kilograms of sand. As a toddler, every time we went to the beach I'd just sit there, eating it by the handful...

This comment brings a little factoid to mind.

My ex-girlfriend, during a few of our climbing adventures, exhibited and odd practice. She would occasionally eat small quantities of dirt. When I would ask why, she would shrug and say that she just had a craving for it.

My curiosity eventually got the best of me, and I sought advice from a nutrition expert and doctor. He chuckled and said that her habit was not all that uncommon. It was apparently caused by an iron deficiency.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting little factoid.

colotopian

Feb 7, 2006, 1:10 AM
Post #8 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A penny but look at mother_sheeps signature Dance! Thats awesome :D

curt

Feb 7, 2006, 1:49 AM
Post #9 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
My mother in laws dog ate her hearing aid and passed it back. She was not a happy camper. Says she hears strange noises now. :lol:

Good thing her sense of smell isn't too keen either.:D

Curt

kachoong

Feb 7, 2006, 2:03 AM
Post #10 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Good thing her sense of smell isn't too keen either.:D

Curt
:lol: That's fcukin' funny!

....I think the worst I've passed was a marble.... When I was 12, a friend and myself thought we'd make ourselves a marble cake.... well, as you guessed, the marbles sunk to the bottom of the raw batter, coming to rest as a layer at the bottom of the tin....

....His Dad was first to try our multi -coloured, multi-LAYERED cake and chipped his tooth, just as I took a bite also. His subsequent rage and attempt to beat us with the sand-filled draft snake (those things you put at the bottom of the door), made me swallow the piece of cake I had in my mouth, marble 'n' all....

....a day later I had to squeeze a little harder than normal, heard a 'tink' in the bowl and that was that....

.... our (now deceased) shepherd used to chew the hose in the backyard all the friggin' time.... unfortunately for him, his turds were, at times, all strung togetehr with half-chewed lengths of hose. Every so often you'd see him draggin' his ass across the backyard trying to dislodge the (up to) 2 ft long hoseturd....

dirtineye

Feb 7, 2006, 2:13 AM
Post #11 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What a funny thread!

Partner angry

Feb 7, 2006, 2:31 AM
Post #12 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm proud of you Tracy, I knew you could do it!!

curt

Feb 7, 2006, 2:31 AM
Post #13 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
So there I was, stuck in rush hour traffic on I-25. Going 10 MPH was starting to become exhausting and I needed a little pick me up. I reached for my Energy pills, dumped 2 into my palm, threw them in my mouth and took a swig of water. I swallowed something that was not a pill!!! It didn’t take me long to figure out exactly what I did.

The little plastic silica packet that clearly reads, “DO NOT EAT”, was now resting in my throat. I tried as best as I could do to make myself barf. This must have been an amusing sight to the other highway travelers. I’m not so book smart you see, so I instantly figured that the contents of the packet were toxic and I was going to die a fool during my accidental suicide. I internally yelled at myself. “Out of all of the things that I do in my life, I’m gonna meet my demise like this? NOOOOO! I can’t f---ing believe this!!! “

I was in a panic. First I called the Weider Corporation to see if the energy pills that I took had a silica packet in the bottle. The answer was yes. Then I called my friend Jeff in AZ who is not only one of my favorite climbing pals, but he’s an EMT. I asked him what I should do. He told me to call poison control. I called poison control and the woman who assisted me had a nice little laugh describing what might happen to me.

“Not too worry she said. The silica is encased in a plastic container. The container will not break down in your system so you’re going to have to pass it. The silica is not toxic and you’re not going to die”. I was very relieved but a little embarrassed at the same time.

Today is a very special day, the first day in my life of its kind. On this day, I gave birth to a bouncing baby silica packet and all of its contents still intact. Gross.

Hopefully, you rinsed it off and placed it back in the Energy pill bottle where it belongs. :wink:

Curt

timstich

Feb 7, 2006, 2:41 AM
Post #14 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We need a puking emoticon around here. Blooorrrrrgh!

I had no idea you had a turd fetish, Curt.

blondgecko

Feb 7, 2006, 3:27 AM
Post #15 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My ex-girlfriend's sister had a dog that would eat anything in sight. If it could fit in his mouth and was in reach, it was gone. One of the funniest things we found was a turd that was, in its entirety, a sock. Nothing else, just a sock, perfectly formed into the classic dog-turd shape.

Partner happiegrrrl

Feb 7, 2006, 3:51 AM
Post #16 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When my dog was a puppy, he was making do on the curb on 22nd Street. He was having quite a bit of difficulty, and had an "uh oh" look on his sweet little face.

I checked his rear, and was SHOCKED at what I saw. He had chewed a recording cassette, and the tape was coming out of his opening just like when it is stuck in the cassette player......

I thought "Oh no! But it's probably just a little bit..." and went(gross) to "assist."

It was NOT just a little bit. It was a LOT. Probably the whole cassette. And I was so frightened that it might have gotten twisted in his intesties, I started crying and at the same time was mortified, because It was really.... A LOT....and well, it was still stuck in him. (I am having real trouble typing right now.....). I picked him up, and took him home, because I just couldn't bear the idea od someone walking up alongside and seeing what was going on.

Luckily, it all came out. That was SO gross.

Two weks later, he ate a little chinees laquer box, with red silk lining. he had the poo problem again. When I looked to see what it was this time, there was a little bright red ribbon coming out, liek a magician and those colorful kerchiefs....

wonderwoman

Feb 7, 2006, 4:39 AM
Post #17 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My dad was suffering from a head ache while administering heart worm pills to our basset hound, LeRoy. He went to give LeRoy his pill and realized that he had two aspirin in his hand and had just swallowed the heartworm pill himself.

My mom immediately called poison control and they asked "How old is the child?"

"Forty-six," she said.

The operator just started laughing and said that he would be fine.

As for myself, I had a huge winged insect fly into my throat while someone at work who I didn't like wanted to have a 'heart to heart' during one of our hippy retreats. I think I pretty much wanted to gag at that point anyway.

Partner booger

Feb 7, 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #18 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, the worst things that ever went in were:
1- A live insect (daddy long-legs, I believe)
2-Somebody elses snot :roll:
(both at camp, both on a dare, both before I was 12)
3- One bite of donkey poo... when I was a wrangler in Wyoming... on a drunken dare. I know, I know... :shock:. I was the only girl working with a bunch of alcoholic cowboys and they called me "little shit-eater" for a few months after that. It had a ring of cool-ness about it... at the time... :?

I didn't see any of those things on the other end, though... well, maybe the donkey poo, but I couldn't distinguish, really... :?

Partner tisar

Feb 7, 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #19 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A semi-precious stone. Had a blowgun with odd styrofoam projectiles. They wouldn't fly properly so I weightend them with a small tiger's eye. Once I sucked quite hard to get back the projectile to the back of the tube... there goes the stone. :shock:

Didn't bother getting it back though...

- Danile

daithi

Feb 7, 2006, 3:56 PM
Post #20 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lego bricks of various shapes and sizes. As a child I use to love playing with lego but constantly chewed on it. Frequently I would swallow a piece!

wingnut

Feb 7, 2006, 4:23 PM
Post #21 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A jawbreaker. I was little, and I barfed it back up afterwards.

I guess it really doesn't count as passed per se, but still. . .

tradgal

Feb 7, 2006, 5:05 PM
Post #22 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When my dog was a puppy, a lot of his "friends" were also puppies. In their pooh area you would see multi-colored poop. Everything from string, pieces of tennis balls, carpet, pop can tabs, pieces of squeaky toys, parts of their owners sandals, full chunks of rawhide, cat fur, sticks, rocks, blue stuffing, etc. It really was quite colorful. Like confetti. These days it doesn't quite look like that--thank goodness.

And yes--it is quite embarassing when your dog needs an "assist" to pass something. Even worse when he drags his bum along the carpet to "assist" himself. Dogs--gotta love them!

Partner j_ung

Feb 7, 2006, 5:14 PM
Post #23 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
When my dog was a puppy, a lot of his "friends" were also puppies. In their pooh area you would see multi-colored poop. Everything from string, pieces of tennis balls, carpet, pop can tabs, pieces of squeaky toys, parts of their owners sandals, full chunks of rawhide, cat fur, sticks, rocks, blue stuffing, etc. It really was quite colorful. Like confetti. These days it doesn't quite look like that--thank goodness.

And yes--it is quite embarassing when your dog needs an "assist" to pass something. Even worse when he drags his bum along the carpet to "assist" himself. Dogs--gotta love them!

I just caught a mental picture of ma_sheep doing that to get rid of the silica pack.

Tears of happiness: :cry: Why, you ask? I just spent about an hour dealing with various site issues that, together, comprise the less pleasant part of my job here. (Actually, that's an understatement.) Then, desparately looking for some validation of why I bother, I came into Community and saw this thread.

Thank you, Tracy. :) This my favorite thread of the day.

shakylegs

Feb 7, 2006, 5:34 PM
Post #24 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tandoori chicken. Okay, I didn't pass it, per se, but if you look in the bowl after you're done (and everyone does), you'll swear you're passing blood. Kinda scary the first time. Brought back memories of my first week in jail. (Kidding)

Partner happiegrrrl

Feb 7, 2006, 6:12 PM
Post #25 of 36 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Speaking of taking a look.....Why do corn kernels seem to PASS through the digestive sytem seemingly intact? Maybe we should consider using them for public buildinsg; they seem to survive the forces of nature very well.....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook