First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Partner tradman

Mar 22, 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #1 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Keep off the grass... or I'll kill you.
Report this Post
Can't Post

"I just killed a kid," Charles Martin told the emergency services operator. "I shot him with a goddamn 410 shotgun twice."
He had gunned down Larry Mugrage, his neighbours' 15-year-old son. The teenager's crime: walking across Mr Martin's lawn on his way home. Mr Martin opened fire from his house and then, according to the police, walked up to the wounded boy and pulled the trigger again at close range, killing him.

Forty per cent of American households own guns, but those guns are 22 times more likely to be involved in an accidental shooting, or 11 times more likely to be used in a suicide, than in self-defence. On average, more than 80 Americans are killed by gunfire every day.

Full Story.

Partner booger

Mar 22, 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #2 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Re: Keep off the grass... or I'll kill you. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
On average, more than 80 Americans are killed by gunfire every day.

Really, it's the only way for us to keep our population in check. The Chinese method is just so barbaric!

rhaig

Mar 22, 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #3 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

careful folks. getting sucked into a gun control thread by a grass-eater is a dangerous game.

gene723

Mar 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #4 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought it was a joke - that such a thing couldn't be true - until I clicked on the link. That was pretty shocking man.

dirtineye

Mar 22, 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #5 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That guy is so messed up, if he hadn't had a gun, he would have used something else.

Wonder why he didn't put a fence around his yard?

Cause he's NUTS.

rhaig

Mar 22, 2006, 1:06 PM
Post #6 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

don't worry honemaster, SanFran outlawed guns. Your city will soon be as safe as DC or Chicago where they have also outlawed guns.

overlord

Mar 22, 2006, 1:21 PM
Post #7 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
On average, more than 80 Americans are killed by gunfire every day.

Really, it's the only way for us to keep our population in check. The Chinese method is just so barbaric!

ROFLMAO

http://www.verabrandes.de/lachen.gifhttp://www.verabrandes.de/lachen.gifhttp://www.verabrandes.de/lachen.gif

but what really worries me is this little bit:

In reply to:
and the gun lobby is trying to pass a bill in the state that would allow workers to bring guns into their workplace with or without their employer's consent.

does this include banks and govenment builidings?

Partner epoch

Mar 22, 2006, 1:46 PM
Post #8 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
and the gun lobby is trying to pass a bill in the state that would allow workers to bring guns into their workplace with or without their employer's consent.

does this include banks and government buildings?

According to the Feds,

IT IS ILLEGAL TITLE 18 US CODE (Good read). I am not a gun nut, but I do carry concealed sometimes.

Edit: To fix spellign you retard!

ropeburn

Mar 22, 2006, 1:48 PM
Post #9 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Video at ten.

wjca

Mar 22, 2006, 1:52 PM
Post #10 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You think that old fucker is sitting in his jail cell, frantic, because no one will be around this weekend to mow his yard?

Partner epoch

Mar 22, 2006, 1:53 PM
Post #11 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You think that old f--- is sitting in his jail cell, frantic, because no one will be around this weekend to mow his yard?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boondock_saint

Mar 22, 2006, 2:00 PM
Post #12 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
That guy is so messed up, if he hadn't had a gun, he would have used something else.

Not exactly true.

Saying that guns kill people is obviously a pretty general statement and saying that people kill people rather than guns is also pretty weak. It's a unique combination of the two. The wild west mentality that has ben passed on in this country from generation to generation. On some level everyone in this country feels or has briefly felt, that a gun would be a solution to whatever problem they are having. There is something very empowering about guns that just like all positions of power, mess with your head a little. I have several friends who own guns but keep them locked away and use them only for recreational purposes, I also have friends who say they will NEVER own a gun because they would end up killing someone with it in a time of conflict and they don't want to put themselves in that position. I applaud them for that and wish that more people in this country would act on suck knowlege about themselves. And lastly I also know people who have a gun-related God-complex, or however you want to put it. They will bring a gun jammed inside their belt to a party among friends for no other reason than to know they are above everyone else.

This country has a very unique relationship with guns. Everyone preaches how we have the God-given right to protect ourselves but sadly more people die of guns-related homicides here every year, than they do fighting in Iraq for three. In fact it's something like 5 times as much, one year here vs three years there.

thorne
Deleted

Mar 22, 2006, 2:14 PM
Post #13 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I also know people who have a gun-related God-complex, or however you want to put it. They will bring a gun jammed inside their belt to a party among friends for no other reason than to know they are above everyone else.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Boondock - you must run with a pretty rough crowd.

It's ironic that the people who consistently cry about our civil rights being taken away/violated are the same people in favor of banning guns in this country.

robbovius

Mar 22, 2006, 2:19 PM
Post #14 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
This country has a very unique relationship with guns. Everyone preaches how we have the God-given right to protect ourselves but sadly more people die of guns-related homicides here every year, than they do fighting in Iraq for three. In fact it's something like 5 times as much, one year here vs three years there.

it's decided then, I'm moving to Iraq.

thorne
Deleted

Mar 22, 2006, 2:29 PM
Post #15 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Dr. Gary Kleck, a criminologist at Florida State University... showed that possibly as many as 2.5 million people used their gun in self-defence or to prevent a crime each year, if not more. A further breakdown showed that as many as 1.9 million of those instances involved a handgun.

According to these numbers, guns are used in self-defence or to prevent a crime 285 times per hour.

Tgreene - Where are you?!!!!

gene723

Mar 22, 2006, 2:39 PM
Post #16 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey I got a plan to solve the problem with gun homicides that gun owners will also agree to.

It should be mandatory that everyone owns a gun and brings it with them at all times. That way if you or your buddy gets popped then you could shoot back (assuming you don't die with the first hit).

They should call it the Deterrence Bill or "Texas Justice."

Partner wideguy

Mar 22, 2006, 2:43 PM
Post #17 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like the Chris Rock plan. Make guns legal, give them away free even.

But make BULLETS $1,000 each!!

"You mother fucker.... I'm gonna get you!!

I'm gonna go get a second job, save up for 5 or 6 months, and then I'm gonna shoot you.
And When I get back you better stand still because I'm only gonna have one shot and you better not make me waste it."

boondock_saint

Mar 22, 2006, 2:46 PM
Post #18 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I also know people who have a gun-related God-complex, or however you want to put it. They will bring a gun jammed inside their belt to a party among friends for no other reason than to know they are above everyone else.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Boondock - you must run with a pretty rough crowd.

It's ironic that the people who consistently cry about our civil rights being taken away/violated are the same people in favor of banning guns in this country.

Nah, not really a rough crowd *I* run with, I've just known all kinds of people and I don't really shy away from meeting/knowing even the odd types. I'd never be buddy buddy with them but I also never saw any reason to offend anyone by avoiding them or go out of my way to not know them.

As for banning guns, I said no such thing. I just said this country has an odd relationship with guns.

iltripp

Mar 22, 2006, 3:36 PM
Post #19 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The inherent problem with any attempt to reduce gun crime by restricting or banning the sale of guns is that it ignores the fact that a thriving black market exists for such 'goods'.

In other words, increased regulation of the legal sale of guns simply can't do that much good because the illegal sale of guns will continue relatively unimpeded.

rufusandcompany

Mar 22, 2006, 3:45 PM
Post #20 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The inherent problem with any attempt to reduce gun crime by restricting or banning the sale of guns is that it ignores the fact that a thriving black market exists for such 'goods'.

In other words, increased regulation of the legal sale of guns simply can't do that much good because the illegal sale of guns will continue relatively unimpeded.

The flaw in that logic is simply that law-abiding citizens are not likely to make illegal purchases of firearms.

justthemaid

Mar 22, 2006, 3:46 PM
Post #21 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WOW :shock:

Remember-- Guns don't kill people. -- Crazy old dudes kill people.

iltripp

Mar 22, 2006, 4:06 PM
Post #22 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

The flaw in that logic is simply that law-abiding citizens are not likely to make illegal purchases of firearms.

That's the problem. Law-abiding citizens aren't the ones whose access to firearms needs to be restricted. Seems to me that gun related crime is generally perpetuated by the other type.

remi

Mar 22, 2006, 4:13 PM
Post #23 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I heard this crazy story once about this old dude with his lawn and he shot a teenager who walked across it...with his perfectly legal shotgun....don't know where I heard that...

rufusandcompany

Mar 22, 2006, 4:14 PM
Post #24 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

That's the problem. Law-abiding citizens aren't the ones whose access to firearms needs to be restricted. Seems to me that gun related crime is generally perpetuated by the other type.

I agree with your comment, with exceptions. Although law-abiding citizens are less likely to perpetrate firearms crimes, they are, in some cases, more likely to react on impulse in certain situations - mostly from fear and confusion.

I believe that law abiding people should be able to bare arms, but not without thorough training and consequent certification.

Partner epoch

Mar 22, 2006, 4:41 PM
Post #25 of 76 (2344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Agree, and rufas...

I add that while states do not require training to purchase a gun. I think they should. I have met several people who own weapons and haven't the faintest on proper gun ettiquet or how to simply break them down to clean them.

Furthermore, I think that ALL states should adopt CCW programs that are more involved than an application and a $50 processing fee. Comeon, I had to show profientcy with my weapon when getting mine, plus full knowledge of the law(s) applicable for owning/carrying a gun. Simply put, if you are going to own/carry a wepon know how to use it, when to use it, and what the concequences are for both...

Where's tgreen anyways??? Doesn't he show up to these gun threads like flies on shit??

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook