Forums: Community: Campground:
The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next page Last page  View All

Partner blonde_loves_bolts

Dec 24, 2007, 6:51 PM
Post #551 of 615 (2239 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mturner] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mturner wrote:
blonde_loves_bolts wrote:
Did I miss anything?

Not really.

The Pats are cheaters in everyone's eyes except their loyal fans who will forever hark on their success.

Oh please. Drop the Spygate high horse 'tude, call Eric Mangina a snitch, and appreciate the first regular season 15-0 team in history.

In reply to:
Michael Vick ruined his life.

Yep... kinda did.

In reply to:
The Fins kinda suck hard.

Which reminds me... why again did Shawne Merriman get a 4 game suspension for steroid use while Ricky Williams got a similar initial offer, culminating in a season long suspension because he's socially phobic and into holistics? I know it's old news, but after watching him "come back" against the Steelers, I still think it's a shame.

In reply to:
The Pack are a pleasant surprise.

Agreed. Growing up watching Steve Young take over for Joe Montana in San Francisco, I can't say I was a huge Brett Favre fan, because he was up there with the best of the best. But how can you not admire the guy now? Sure, ugly loss to Chicago yesterday, but count me among the "he's washed up" crowd of 2006 that now feels strongly to the contrary.

Back to the Pats, I'm personally hoping they go 16-0. They deserve it. I'm not a New England fan, but they're a classy squad, and it would be fun to watch them go all the way. No asterisk needed.

Partner wideguy

Dec 24, 2007, 9:05 PM
Post #552 of 615 (2236 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mturner] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mturner wrote:

The Pats are cheaters in everyone's eyes except their loyal fans and anyone who objective examined the evidence.

Fixed that for ya, Turner.

But I do have to give you credit, 53 carries for 253 on the season, you're having a better year than New England's "#1" back.Tongue

mturner

Dec 24, 2007, 9:51 PM
Post #553 of 615 (2229 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blonde_loves_bolts] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mturner wrote:
Did I miss anything?

Not really.

The Pats are cheaters in everyone's eyes except their loyal fans who will forever hark on their success.

Oh please. Drop the Spygate high horse 'tude, call Eric Mangina a snitch, and appreciate the first regular season 15-0 team in history.

Nah, I'll take it to my grave along with my ever growing hatred for what will probably be the best team in NFL history...there I said it...that's as much as you'll get from me...take it or leave it.

In reply to:
Which reminds me... why again did Shawne Merriman get a 4 game suspension for steroid use while Ricky Williams got a similar initial offer, culminating in a season long suspension because he's socially phobic and into holistics? I know it's old news, but after watching him "come back" against the Steelers, I still think it's a shame.

Can you elaborate? Are you saying Ricky Williams never should have gotten a second chance? Or that Shawn Merriman should have been punished more or less?

In reply to:
The Pack are a pleasant surprise.

In reply to:
Agreed. Growing up watching Steve Young take over for Joe Montana in San Francisco, I can't say I was a huge Brett Favre fan, because he was up there with the best of the best. But how can you not admire the guy now? Sure, ugly loss to Chicago yesterday, but count me among the "he's washed up" crowd of 2006 that now feels strongly to the contrary.

Back to the Pats, I'm personally hoping they go 16-0. They deserve it. I'm not a New England fan, but they're a classy squad, and it would be fun to watch them go all the way. No asterisk needed.

I can't remember who said it best during training camp this off-season on the NFL network, but they said the Packers are so young that even they don't know how good they are. I guess now we know.

mturner

Dec 29, 2007, 9:00 PM
Post #554 of 615 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok Pats fans, heres your chance to way in on your place in history.

Where do the Pats rank in this list of greatest teams ever?

http://espn.go.com/.../teams/greatest.html

IMO, #6 and 7 are way underrated in this list but whatever. I would put the Pats at #2, but I also think the '89 49ers are contenders for that spot. The rest of the teams are good for their time, but really any team before the late 80s is just not fast or strong enough. Thoughts?

Partner wideguy

Dec 30, 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #555 of 615 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If they go 19-0, and break the scoring, TD, TD receptions, fewest points allowed, greatest average margin of victory and all the other milestones they are on track for in this season, then I think you have to put them above the 85 bears as well. The Bears had McMahon, the Fridge, and "The Sweetness." Now, Payton is a no brainer. But the Fridge and McMahon aren't even starters for the Pats, Colts or Cowboys in 2007.

But It's too Hard to do that. The league has changed so much between 1985, 1991 and 2007. Despite the dominance of New England and Indy, there really is so much more parity in the league now. It's harder to dominate teams the way Indy, Dallas and New England have this season.

But then, in 1985 the game was a lot more physical, more "smash-mouth." Could any of todays players make 16 games back then? Could the 1985 Bears keep up with the track stars of today for 60 minutes?

And then, even as a die-hard Patriots rumpswab, I have to say that no team ever, including the 1985 Bears and the 2007 Patriots, even brought me into a game with the belief that the outcome was so predetermined than the Montana/Rice 49'ers.

I think you have to resign yourself to the fact that they are one of two or three that all have legitimate claim to the title "best ever" and enjoy the next 40 years worth of arguements.Cool

Partner wideguy

Dec 30, 2007, 5:23 AM
Post #556 of 615 (2196 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And there you have it.

16-0

All the credit to NY. They played like animals and it took the Pats the better part of three quarters to catch up to their intensity. Easily one of the best games I've seen in a while. Very enjoyable.

I hope for the NY fans sake that the two players that left tonight (the center and a Linebacker i think?) can come back and play again next week.

As my brother said:
In reply to:

Congrats to Brady for new NFL record - 50 TD passes
Congrats to Moss for new NFL record - 22 TD receptions
Congrats to Team for new NFL record - Most points in a season - 589
Congrats to Team for new NFL record - The perfect season - 16-0
Congrats to Team for new NFL record - most TD's in a season - 71
Congrats to Team for new NFL record(tie) - 21 different players score TD's

On to the playoffs!!

A LONG way from 1990 when they were 1-15.

GO PATS!!!!

It's a good night to be a Pats fan!

(This post was edited by wideguy on Dec 30, 2007, 5:26 AM)

reno

Dec 30, 2007, 3:13 PM
Post #557 of 615 (2188 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well done, Pats. Congratulations.

mturner

Dec 30, 2007, 5:55 PM
Post #558 of 615 (2186 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well typical Brady win, but nonetheless gotta hand it to them. A great game, both teams really put it out there for a game that really didn't matter in terms of playoff implications.

Hypothetical: If they got the win the way they did but Brady or Moss got hurt in the 4th quarter and couldn't play in the playoffs, was it worth it? I'm not questioning their decision because of the historical meaning of that game but still, ya gotta wonder.

One more thing about the best team ever, all these records are offensive records. The Pats D is great but they're probably not one of the top ten ever. Come on, 35 points against the Giants? Still, easily top three overall.

PS- I knew that Wes Welker was having a great year but freakin leading the league in receptions?!...guess having Randy Moss on the team isn't so bad for your offense even if you don't throw to him, eh Raiders?

mturner

Dec 30, 2007, 5:56 PM
Post #559 of 615 (2185 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

PPS- WTF happened to jgloporto?! It's really hard hating the Pats all by myself.

Partner wideguy

Dec 30, 2007, 9:28 PM
Post #560 of 615 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mturner wrote:
Well typical Brady win, but nonetheless gotta hand it to them.

It physically pains you to consider giving them any legitmate credit doesn't it? Tongue
Yeah, Tom Brady is the man. Chris Collinsworth even said it last night. "He's something truly special."

But this goes way beyond a "typical Brady" win. This was a Team win like the pats have shown in all the games they trailed this year.
Watson stopped dropping balls. The O-line started giving Brady a pocket. Moss played blocker for Welker and Faulk. Moss caught the big balls, and the key conversions across the middle where he got his clock cleaned. Seymour started stuffing the pocket. Seau showed that age and wisdom can overcome and older body. The secondary took Plaxico Burress out of the game. The Defense started hurrying Manning. The secondary got and INT, the only turnover of the game.

This wasn't just Brady, like it rarely is. This was the whole team digging down and finding what they needed to win the game. They were down 12 and came back with 22 unanswered. That is why they are 16-0.

mturner wrote:
Hypothetical: If they got the win the way they did but Brady or Moss got hurt in the 4th quarter and couldn't play in the playoffs, was it worth it?

Well that was the question everyone asked going in, especially of the Giants. The Pats at least had records to play for, and a first round bye coming up to recover. And they didn't get hurt (although Moss getting his bell rung was a scary moment).

The Giants, on the other hand, were playing purely for pride, they truly had nothing to gain except the failed chance to stop the Patriots. Then they lost center Shaun O'Hara, backup safety Craig Dahl and linebacker Kawika Mitchell, all with knee injuries, and cornerback Sam Madison with an abdominal strain. I guess I'd ask the same question of the Giants fans and Pats haters. Was it worth it?

And I'll answer. Yes. They are football players, they play football. They are competitors. Like Belichick said post game when asked the same question, he quoted Bill Parcells. "Bill [parcells] told me 'No game is meaningless if you're playing it.'"

And that's the nut of it. Playoff standings be damned, that game had meaning for those 106 players last night and their coaching staffs, all for their own reason. We all got to watch and excellent game and if you saw the players on the field after, you saw even a lot of the Giants smiling. I swear those guys had more fun playing football last night than most of them have probably had since High School or College. And that makes it worth it.

Partner wideguy

Dec 30, 2007, 9:42 PM
Post #561 of 615 (2193 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mturner wrote:
PS- I knew that Wes Welker was having a great year but freakin leading the league in receptions?!...guess having Randy Moss on the team isn't so bad for your offense even if you don't throw to him, eh Raiders?

Welker is the cat's ass. Coach Bill said it when he brought him here. He killed the Pats in the slot every time they faced him. Better to have him on your side. Same with Sammy Morris ( and BTW wouldn't it be nice to know how the Pats might have done running if they hadn't lost him earlier in the season?)

And Moss... for people who haven't seen him every game, you might be amazed how many different ways he helped this team this year. Not just passively by drawing double teams, but actively in blocking for runs and screens, on Special teams... With his reputation coming in I never would have believed it.

jakedatc

Dec 30, 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #562 of 615 (2189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chad .. I thought i could read Moss's lips when he came off that he got the wind knocked out of him. which makes sense by the way he was hit and how he was hunched over. And i doubt they'd let him back in with anything head related.

Welker is nasty and has been all year.. If they want to double up on Moss so he can't burn you 45 yds downfield then you get to accept 8-15+ from Welker coming across the middle. Stalworth had at least one really nice catch yesterday too.

redpointron

Dec 31, 2007, 9:10 PM
Post #563 of 615 (2180 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sorry to interrupt...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFxNfICa2xM

...back to the patriots.

mturner

Jan 1, 2008, 12:55 AM
Post #564 of 615 (2174 views)
Shortcut

Re: [redpointron] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

redpointron wrote:
sorry to interrupt...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFxNfICa2xM

...back to the patriots.

oh my goodness! Hit of the year!

Here's a funny one:
http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related

NFL ended up fining Quirk (the official) his game check.

jakedatc

Jan 13, 2008, 4:24 AM
Post #565 of 615 (2151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what... playoffs start and this thing gets buried like 4 pages back?

Packers rolled after those first quick TD's against them and didnt look back.. will have to see how they do agains *probably* dallas next week.

Jax put up a decent fight but our non existent running game was too much for them to deal with buahahaha.

caughtinside

Jan 13, 2008, 8:51 AM
Post #566 of 615 (2149 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well done to the pats, and a valiant effort by the jags.

Green bay sounded good too, ( i only have radio) so my brother in law is probably really psyched.

I think giants cowboys will be a good one, but I'll be out riding with the weke.

Partner wideguy

Jan 13, 2008, 4:43 PM
Post #567 of 615 (2144 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Green bay sounded good too, ( i only have radio) so my brother in law is probably really psyched.

Missed the Green Bay game, wish I hadn't. Farve's post game conference was possibly telling though. He mentioned that he knew how rare it was to be this deep into a postseason, and how he was making sure to enjoy it ... Then he added "WE could be 3-13 next year..."

Hmmm?

And new records for Brady... his 92.9%, 26 for 28, completion effort is a new record for the postseason, knocking off Phil Simms 88% in Super bowl XXI, and all time single game percentage (regular or post) of 91.3% set by Vinny Testaverde in 1993, and his 16-for-16 start to the game is also a post-season record for best start by a QB.

The guy is special.

dr_feelgood

Jan 13, 2008, 9:27 PM
Post #568 of 615 (2138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I hope the colts have a relaxing offseason. Great game on SD's part.

mturner

Jan 13, 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #569 of 615 (2134 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Watched all the games last night and today since I was climbing yesterday Wink

Jacksonville was disappointing...really never stopped the Pats offense.

Pack game was an instant Lambeau classic, but even Favre said there was a rare amount of snow. At one point it looked like a straight up blizzard and I just laughed all snug in my warm blankie with a bottle of vodka after a long day of climbing. Cool

The SD game was something else. All of a sudden SD is red hot...totally a different team then the one who lost to the Pats earlier this season...should be an interesting one next week.

Should be noted that Peyton Manning started the game 14-14, no simple task either. Both Jacksonville and San Diego gave Brady and Manning respectively the pass underneath and they took it over and over again. I'm not taking away anything from either quarterback but it wasn't like either one was launching the ball down the field like they usually do. "Take what the defense gives you" as my old coach used to say.

Partner wideguy

Jan 14, 2008, 5:40 AM
Post #570 of 615 (2127 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey TO? Can we talk about the "other Number 81" NOW?

Tongue

Sorry, my brother is a huge Dallas fan, had to throw a jab in there
Cool

jgloporto

Jan 14, 2008, 3:46 PM
Post #571 of 615 (2119 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:NFL content:

jgloporto

Post #572 of 615 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgloporto] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto

Post #573 of 615 (2115 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgloporto] The Official rc.com 2007 NFL Thread (not affiliated with the BET. All rights reserved.) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto

Post #574 of 615 (2113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto

Post #575 of 615 (2111 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook