Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

summerprophet

Aug 18, 2008, 5:34 AM
Post #26 of 41 (1073 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Off to Pakistan...countdown. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
summerprophet wrote:
99% of the people in these countries are just like us, just looking to feed their families, watch their kids grow up and lead a peaceful life outside of the politics and warmongering that is so prevelent in the news....
Saying all Pakistanies are bad, rogues, or terrorists is roughly equivalent to saying all americans are Amish.

Totally naive. Consider:

Percentage of Pakistani Muslims who believe that suicide bombings are justified: 29%*

Percentage of American Amish who belief that suicide bombings are justified: 0%**

*2005 Pew Global Attitudes Project.
** 2008 jt512 hunch.

Jay

You want to quote statistics?
Which country has contributed towards the most deaths in the last 50 years? In the last 100 years?
Which country has the largest supply of munitions designed to cause the death of other humans on the planet? Per person?
Who out of all the members of NATO has the most violations of the Geneva convention?
Which is the only developed industrialized nation to condone the death sentence? To condone Torture?

Would you be opposed to an independent group not organised by US government (say PETA for example) performing suicide bombings if Pakistani troops were occupying your state?

I doubt it, chances are you would just ignore it, as you are ignoring this as well. Ignorance and indifference are going to be the downfall of this country of yours, and you are going to slide into it without a care, peacefully hypnotized by your HD TV and high speed internet.

Your attitude saddens me more than angers me jt. I would like to wish you were a substantial minority, but sadly I am discovering you aren't.

Pakistan happens to be a first world country with similar ideals and policies as the US. The country as a whole does not condone terrorism, nor does the government in power. You are talking about a minority of people that you are prepared to persecute the majority for.

kachoong

Aug 18, 2008, 1:42 PM
Post #27 of 41 (1045 views)
Shortcut

Re: [summerprophet] Off to Pakistan...countdown. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

summerprophet wrote:
Dude, you just had a TEXAN imply you had gone overboard with that statement. Might wanna take that into consideration.

Seriously though, remember that 99% of the people in these countries are just like us, just looking to feed their families, watch their kids grow up and lead a peaceful life outside of the politics and warmongering that is so prevelent in the news.

Saying all Pakistanies are bad, rogues, or terrorists is roughly equivalent to saying all americans are Amish.

...well thank you for implying that I am a pot calling the kettle black just coz I live in Texas...Unsure It seems that people judge others by where they live rather than who they are. A bit of research and you would notice I am a widely traveled Australian, but who also thinks that yes, this guys post, considering his other posts lately, has taken the posts he replied too waaaaaay out of context!

summerprophet wrote:
jt512 wrote:
summerprophet wrote:
99% of the people in these countries are just like us, just looking to feed their families, watch their kids grow up and lead a peaceful life outside of the politics and warmongering that is so prevelent in the news....

Totally naive. Consider:

Percentage of Pakistani Muslims who believe that suicide bombings are justified: 29%*

Percentage of American Amish who belief that suicide bombings are justified: 0%**

** 2008 jt512 hunch.

Jay

Which country has contributed towards the most deaths in the last 50 years? In the last 100 years?
Which country has the largest supply of munitions designed to cause the death of other humans on the planet? Per person?
Who out of all the members of NATO has the most violations of the Geneva convention?
Which is the only developed industrialized nation to condone the death sentence? To condone Torture?

Would you be opposed to an independent group not organised by US government (say PETA for example) performing suicide bombings if Pakistani troops were occupying your state?

I doubt it, chances are you would just ignore it, as you are ignoring this as well. Ignorance and indifference are going to be the downfall of this country of yours, and you are going to slide into it without a care, peacefully hypnotized by your HD TV and high speed internet.

Your attitude saddens me more than angers me jt. I would like to wish you were a substantial minority, but sadly I am discovering you aren't.

Pakistan happens to be a first world country with similar ideals and policies as the US. The country as a whole does not condone terrorism, nor does the government in power. You are talking about a minority of people that you are prepared to persecute the majority for.

Think about your last sentence and what you are implying overall!

jt512

Aug 18, 2008, 4:05 PM
Post #28 of 41 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

summerprophet wrote:
jt512 wrote:
summerprophet wrote:

Totally naive. Consider:

** 2008 jt512 hunch.

Jay

Pakistan happens to be a first world country with similar ideals and policies as the US.

Brilliant!

In reply to:
Ignorance and indifference are going to be the downfall of this country of yours, and you are going to slide into it without a care, peacefully hypnotized by your HD TV and high speed internet.

Ignorance and indifference are the downfall of this country! They are what allowed 9/11 to occur. They are what allowed a fundamentalist Christian to be elected, and re-elected, President. They are what has allowed us to come within 1/2 vote on the Supreme Court of a ban on a woman's right to an abortion. They are why we are in a constant struggle to prevent Bible stories from being taught as fact in science classes. And so on.

In reply to:
Your attitude saddens me more than angers me jt. I would like to wish you were a substantial minority, but sadly I am discovering you aren't.... The country as a whole does not condone terrorism, nor does the government in power. You are talking about a minority of people that you are prepared to persecute the majority for.

My attitude is a minority, which is what has allowed religious fundamentalists to bring this country to its knees. It is not I, but you, who is ignorant and indifferent. I see the clear and present danger that religious fundamentalism poses to modern civilization. You, on the other hand, look at a statistic like "29% of Pakistani Muslims favor suicide bombing," and instead of finding that alarming, actually brush it off as "a minority of people." How much more ignorant and indifferent can you get than that?

Jay

carabiner96

Aug 18, 2008, 8:29 PM
Post #29 of 41 (987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Uhm, so....anyone get any shiny new crampons lately?

Gmburns2000

Aug 18, 2008, 8:55 PM
Post #30 of 41 (982 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Off to Pakistan...countdown. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:

It's August.

carabiner96

Aug 18, 2008, 9:14 PM
Post #31 of 41 (983 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Off to Pakistan...countdown. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

It's August.

Damn you and your attention to detail!

sungam

Aug 18, 2008, 9:51 PM
Post #32 of 41 (974 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

It's August.
gotta dry tool FTW on the mixed.

Gmburns2000

Aug 19, 2008, 2:45 AM
Post #33 of 41 (951 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Off to Pakistan...countdown. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

It's August.

yeah, it's still hands and feet season. no dry tooling here until it's too cold in the Gunks, then I you can come out to play.

anykineclimb

Aug 19, 2008, 5:38 AM
Post #34 of 41 (934 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

It's August.

perfect time to buy.

I did get some Scarpa Fruit boots

wallwombat

Aug 19, 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #35 of 41 (919 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Off to Pakistan...countdown. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
A bit of research and you would notice I am a widely traveled Australian...

Yeah, right! Pull the other one.

If you weren't a Texan, why do you have that funny little Texan Cola Bear in your profile pic?

sungam

Aug 19, 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #36 of 41 (911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

It's August.

yeah, it's still hands and feet season. no dry tooling here until it's too cold in the Gunks, then I you can come out to play.
dri tewling tha gunks?
Oh noes!!! cutz the rope! cutz it now!!! land on the ledge!

crackers

Aug 19, 2008, 1:25 PM
Post #37 of 41 (908 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:

kingston quarry.

daggerx

Aug 27, 2008, 3:01 AM
Post #38 of 41 (846 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow your so lucky I dream of going there one day

majid_sabet

Aug 27, 2008, 3:54 AM
Post #39 of 41 (835 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
summerprophet wrote:
jt512 wrote:
summerprophet wrote:

Totally naive. Consider:

** 2008 jt512 hunch.

Jay

Pakistan happens to be a first world country with similar ideals and policies as the US.

Brilliant!

In reply to:
Ignorance and indifference are going to be the downfall of this country of yours, and you are going to slide into it without a care, peacefully hypnotized by your HD TV and high speed internet.

Ignorance and indifference are the downfall of this country! They are what allowed 9/11 to occur. They are what allowed a fundamentalist Christian to be elected, and re-elected, President. They are what has allowed us to come within 1/2 vote on the Supreme Court of a ban on a woman's right to an abortion. They are why we are in a constant struggle to prevent Bible stories from being taught as fact in science classes. And so on.

In reply to:
Your attitude saddens me more than angers me jt. I would like to wish you were a substantial minority, but sadly I am discovering you aren't.... The country as a whole does not condone terrorism, nor does the government in power. You are talking about a minority of people that you are prepared to persecute the majority for.

My attitude is a minority, which is what has allowed religious fundamentalists to bring this country to its knees. It is not I, but you, who is ignorant and indifferent. I see the clear and present danger that religious fundamentalism poses to modern civilization. You, on the other hand, look at a statistic like "29% of Pakistani Muslims favor suicide bombing," and instead of finding that alarming, actually brush it off as "a minority of people." How much more ignorant and indifferent can you get than that?

Jay

Jay

you have zero understanding of international politics.

the_leech

Aug 27, 2008, 4:18 AM
Post #40 of 41 (829 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

summerprophet wrote:
You are talking about a minority of people that you are prepared to persecute the majority for.

Look at that sentence. He ended it with a preposition.

Some would consider that poor grammar. However, I think it's ok.

I wonder what others think about it.

jt512

Aug 27, 2008, 5:16 AM
Post #41 of 41 (819 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Off to Pakistan...countdown. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
jt512 wrote:
summerprophet wrote:
jt512 wrote:
summerprophet wrote:

Totally naive. Consider:

** 2008 jt512 hunch.

Jay

Brilliant!

In reply to:

In reply to:

Jay

Jay

you have zero understanding of international politics.

But I have a great understanding of the danger of religion.

Jay

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook