Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

irregularpanda

Oct 18, 2008, 8:29 PM
Post #26 of 60 (5691 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Please, never relate this moron to Aceto the unfearing ever again.

right, like that time aceto went top roping and fell. Damn that was...........epic?

Partner hosh

Oct 18, 2008, 8:45 PM
Post #27 of 60 (5686 views)
Shortcut

Re: [irregularpanda] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread isn't complete until someone calls someone else a douch bag. So, for completion's sake,

"All you alls is douch bags!"
*note the accuracy of the grammar here.
there. Now this thread is complete. Carry on ladies and gentlemen.

hosh.

wzrdgandalf

Oct 18, 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #28 of 60 (5670 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gt29905] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i have to agree with proximo that only crakkka nerds try to correct grammar on the internet.

Unfortunately it is not SUBTLE making a come back, proximo is the real deal. A gangsta ass baller that tells the truth at all times. Beware he can rain down the crunkness on anyone at anytime at RC.com.

irregularpanda

Oct 18, 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #29 of 60 (5661 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wzrdgandalf] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wzrdgandalf wrote:
i have to agree with proximo that only crakkka nerds try to correct grammar on the internet.

Unfortunately it is not SUBTLE making a come back, proximo is the real deal. A gangsta ass baller that tells the truth at all times. Beware he can rain down the crunkness on anyone at anytime at RC.com.

And you are riding his nuts, jocking his jock, fondling his tool.

Kudos to you, tool.

sungam

Oct 18, 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #30 of 60 (5652 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

irregularpanda wrote:
sungam wrote:
Please, never relate this moron to Aceto the unfearing ever again.

right, like that time aceto went top roping and fell. Damn that was...........epic?
You've clearly never TR'd at the black.

wzrdgandalf

Oct 20, 2008, 3:54 AM
Post #31 of 60 (5609 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

irregularpanda wrote:
wzrdgandalf wrote:

And you are riding his nuts, jocking his jock, fondling his tool.

Kudos to you, tool.

In these confusing times I realize it has become harder and harder to discern facetious rhetoric, but I have to admit... If you can't see the sarcasm in me proclaiming that "only crakkka nerds try to correct grammar on the internet", then i have three theories which could explain your hostility.

1) You were too stoned to realize your error in judgment before you decided to write such an eloquent retort.
2) You are obtuse.
... and/or...
3)You are the type of person who believes that by using middle school terms describing gay sex and an insult, you can come out the victor of an "E-Dick Measuring" contest that I was not aware of.

If #1 is correct then I apologize for the harsh response and I will be smoking one for you tonight.

If #2 is correct, you are obtuse. Enough said.

If #3 is correct, realize that the forums are a good place to come and bounce ideas off of eachother and gain knowledge about our common hobby/lifestyle. Ocassionaly a troll comes along and stirs some shit up but there is no reason to make things personal. Chill out and maybe consider theory number one.

Anyway I figure I should at least provide another typical RC.com answer to this topic. Crap what was the question again? Oh yeah... ever heard of the search function noob!!!!????

Lazlo

Oct 20, 2008, 4:04 AM
Post #32 of 60 (5604 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I read the thread...start to finish...forgot what the purpose of the thread was...asked my self what it's purpose was...and couldn't answer myself. I then looked at the subject...and everything was fine again. All was made clear. Welcome to RC.com.

petsfed

Oct 20, 2008, 4:44 AM
Post #33 of 60 (5590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wzrdgandalf wrote:
you can come out the victor of an "E-Dick Measuring" contest that I was not aware of

Which is funny, because google allows you to find an e-dick of any size you might want.

My e-dick is at least 3 internets long.

sungam

Oct 20, 2008, 6:40 PM
Post #34 of 60 (5560 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: that is bad-ass.

pr0x1mo

Oct 20, 2008, 9:00 PM
Post #35 of 60 (5519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is what i think about this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll5Pp41PRAw

u nonh4x0r n00bz keep talkin non 733t speek,

Prox: So gansta my street credit got 0 percent interest til 2015

sungam

Oct 20, 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #36 of 60 (5512 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Valarc] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Valarc wrote:
pr0x1mo wrote:
you couldn't flash a route with a fucking camera you n00b. step down or get chin checked with a fucking wrecking ball you manpri pink chalk bag faggot chausser, HOLLAH

preserved for posterity. Nothing I could say in response could possibly make you look like any more of a tool than you have managed yourself.

Just to keep these together...

pr0x1mo wrote:

tarsier

Oct 20, 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #37 of 60 (5510 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pr0x1mo] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've never had sex, but I've heard that it smells.

Factor2

Oct 20, 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #38 of 60 (5498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pr0x1mo wrote:

might as well clickify it

EPiCJAMES

Oct 21, 2008, 1:45 AM
Post #39 of 60 (5480 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
duncanlennon wrote:
I read an article about this and apparently, Wheel of Life links a bunch of V12s together. Thus, the whole thing, while very difficult, doesn't have an individual move harder than V12. Some have suggested it should have a route grade. Not that it matters, it's still impressive.

well, on the surface your post seems very moronic. How many 5.13s or 5.14s do you think have a "move" of .13 or .14 (roughly v8-v10)?

I have heard several times that "To Be or Not to Bolt" does not have a move harder than v3. You would have to be a 5.14 climber to be able to do 60+ moves of solid v3, though.

However, you are touching upon the fact that endurance, not individual hard moves, can be just as relevant in boulder problems as to routes. Originally, the YDS was supposed to just grade the hardest single move. This would tell you little about a route at the RRG, or Indian Creek, or Maple Canyon, or about Witness the Fitness, or Wheel of Life.

The French get around this by assigned a separate "traverse" grade to longer problems that factors in endurance rather than just hard moves; Wheel of Life AND Witness the Fitness could both benefit from this.

camhead is right. i actually had the chance to hang out with dave graham, and he told me about problems that had say the first 3 moves were V4 and the last 10+ moves were V8 and it's a V9. a lot more goes in to grading these problems than i had thought prior to that conversation.

pr0x1mo

Oct 21, 2008, 2:14 AM
Post #40 of 60 (5461 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Factor2] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Factor2 wrote:
pr0x1mo wrote:

So what you think about it, slut?

www.myspace.com/internetthugcc

Feller

Oct 21, 2008, 3:43 PM
Post #41 of 60 (5434 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
Which is funny, because google allows you to find an e-dick of any size you might want.

I LoLed at this.

also, pr0x1mo, you're one goofy guy.....I almost feel bad for ya man, all these internet crazies making fun of your grammar....how dare they expect you to criticize other people using proper engrish.

and...finally ON topic... I saw this video about a month ago on StumbleUpon (which btw, is an addon to firefox everyone here should have...you can make a stumble filter for climbing videos and BAM...countless hours of completly random videos of people rock climbing....most are pretty good, some are shitty, but its the nature of the beast)...whoa...I have ADD today I guess.....anyways....upon watching it, I had the same thought a lot of you did, that this problem looks hard, no doubt. WAY hard, and definitely more than I can handle, but in comparison to other things I've seen, it doesn't look like the hardest. I'd say v16 is a VERY liberal rating, then again, I'm not a professional-route-rater-dude...so....guess it's just my looking vicariously in on the world's best.

pr0x1mo

Oct 21, 2008, 5:25 PM
Post #42 of 60 (5423 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Feller] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dey kant keep up wit da gawd, nahmean?

sungam

Oct 21, 2008, 5:48 PM
Post #43 of 60 (5412 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pr0x1mo wrote:
Factor2 wrote:
pr0x1mo wrote:

So what you think about it, slut?

www.myspace.com/internetthugcc
pr0x1mo wrote:
dey kant keep up wit da gawd, nahmean?
This is solid gold!
Keep it coming!

pr0x1mo

Oct 22, 2008, 6:44 PM
Post #44 of 60 (5356 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

come to miami for some real climbing you fucking posers *SPITS HARD* shits real in da field out here, i dun seen mass fuckin murders, superlative mayhem, stomping blitzkrieg insurgencies out here in 8th street coral boulders.

They captured Alian Gonzalez for flashing a v13 out in key west. Miami is the real.

wzrdgandalf

Oct 24, 2008, 7:38 PM
Post #45 of 60 (5305 views)
Shortcut

Re: [EPiCJAMES] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

EPiCJAMES wrote:
camhead wrote:
duncanlennon wrote:
I read an article about this and apparently, Wheel of Life links a bunch of V12s together. Thus, the whole thing, while very difficult, doesn't have an individual move harder than V12. Some have suggested it should have a route grade. Not that it matters, it's still impressive.

well, on the surface your post seems very moronic. How many 5.13s or 5.14s do you think have a "move" of .13 or .14 (roughly v8-v10)?

I have heard several times that "To Be or Not to Bolt" does not have a move harder than v3. You would have to be a 5.14 climber to be able to do 60+ moves of solid v3, though.

However, you are touching upon the fact that endurance, not individual hard moves, can be just as relevant in boulder problems as to routes. Originally, the YDS was supposed to just grade the hardest single move. This would tell you little about a route at the RRG, or Indian Creek, or Maple Canyon, or about Witness the Fitness, or Wheel of Life.

The French get around this by assigned a separate "traverse" grade to longer problems that factors in endurance rather than just hard moves; Wheel of Life AND Witness the Fitness could both benefit from this.

camhead is right. i actually had the chance to hang out with dave graham, and he told me about problems that had say the first 3 moves were V4 and the last 10+ moves were V8 and it's a V9. a lot more goes in to grading these problems than i had thought prior to that conversation.

I believe that wheel of life was a link up of multiple v10+ problems. When you start getting to that level, most pro climbers can climb v10 all day and not break a sweat, but if you put a v11 and a v12 together then not only are you testing their ability to do the insanely hard move which is the crux, but you are also testing thier ability to do multiple cruxes back to back. For most boulderers, a burst of power is the name of the game. Wheel of life tests the power endurance ability of a climber. V grade or 5. grade doesnt really matter in this case.
I do however wonder what Dai Koyamada would put as a route grade for this problem. 15a? above it or below it?

knieveltech

Oct 24, 2008, 7:51 PM
Post #46 of 60 (5297 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gt29905] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gt29905 wrote:
Valarc wrote:
pr0x1mo wrote:
you couldn't flash a route with a fucking camera you n00b. step down or get chin checked with a fucking wrecking ball you manpri pink chalk bag faggot chausser, HOLLAH

preserved for posterity. Nothing I could say in response could possibly make you look like any more of a tool than you have managed yourself.

Too trueLaugh

If pr0x1mo is a troll he's really F'ing funny.
Maybe SUBTLE is bored and up to no good.

No way. Subtle's style is way more...well...subtle. Pr0x1mo is more like Bad Santa without the txt nonsense.

curt

Oct 24, 2008, 7:55 PM
Post #47 of 60 (5296 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wzrdgandalf wrote:
EPiCJAMES wrote:
camhead wrote:
duncanlennon wrote:

I believe that wheel of life was a link up of multiple v10+ problems. When you start getting to that level, most pro climbers can climb v10 all day and not break a sweat, but if you put a v11 and a v12 together then not only are you testing their ability to do the insanely hard move which is the crux, but you are also testing thier ability to do multiple cruxes back to back...

Right. Which is why very long problems like this do not fit the traditional definition of bouldering--and should really be graded using the YDS or Font traverse grading systems, instead of the "V" scale.

Curt

wzrdgandalf

Oct 24, 2008, 8:12 PM
Post #48 of 60 (5286 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I looked around a bit and didnt find much with the search on the Font Traverse Grading. Anyone care to take a go at explaining it? Thank you in advance.

curt

Oct 24, 2008, 9:11 PM
Post #49 of 60 (5260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wzrdgandalf wrote:
I looked around a bit and didnt find much with the search on the Font Traverse Grading. Anyone care to take a go at explaining it? Thank you in advance.

I believe the Font traverse grades are merely the same as those used for French sport climbing routes--but I would like to see if someone else can confirm this.

Curt

sungam

Oct 24, 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #50 of 60 (5250 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] wheel of life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Font and French or most certainly different.
French is for grading sport routes and is used from 4 to 9b (note the lower case), whereas Font is used for boulder problems (not just traverses any more, in fact french grades are usually used for long traverses) and go from 4 to 8C+.
http://www.rockfax.com/...cations/bgrades.html

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook