Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

donald949

Oct 29, 2009, 8:17 PM
Post #126 of 157 (2185 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Hey dude, I can't tell you how much I regret not making the call, but I honest thought I had already missed you! I shudda called to make sure Unsure

No worries, just giving you grief. That was a long driving day. We only made Sac city by 5 that evening, headed to a campground in Lodi. Then another long day into LA.
Wished I could have made it to the Leap with you and Laz. But really, I was just starting to feel normal after a stomach bug that knocked 3 out 5 of us down for a day in Seattle.
But if you ever get back to Cali, let me know. We'll go climbing together and cut Laz's rope. Shocked

sungam

Oct 29, 2009, 8:27 PM
Post #127 of 157 (2176 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Hey dude, I can't tell you how much I regret not making the call, but I honest thought I had already missed you! I shudda called to make sure Unsure

No worries, just giving you grief. That was a long driving day. We only made Sac city by 5 that evening, headed to a campground in Lodi. Then another long day into LA.
Wished I could have made it to the Leap with you and Laz. But really, I was just starting to feel normal after a stomach bug that knocked 3 out 5 of us down for a day in Seattle.
But if you ever get back to Cali, let me know. We'll go climbing together and cut Laz's rope. Shocked
Devil I like how you think, though shall we make sure Wolfinstein is tied tot he other end of it?

donald949

Oct 29, 2009, 8:32 PM
Post #128 of 157 (2172 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:

Devil I like how you think, though shall we make sure Wolfinstein is tied tot he other end of it?
Shocked

brokesomeribs

Nov 2, 2009, 2:23 PM
Post #129 of 157 (2118 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gunks: "Dude, I'm winded. How long is this fucking approach!??!?"

Gmburns2000

Nov 2, 2009, 2:49 PM
Post #130 of 157 (2102 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brokesomeribs] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

brokesomeribs wrote:

Heh. While that first hill is kind of a pain to start the day, I find the hike out of the Trapps, heading up that long, gradual hill that starts at the Uberfall is the place to complain at the end of the day.

shoo

Nov 2, 2009, 2:57 PM
Post #131 of 157 (2093 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brokesomeribs] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

brokesomeribs wrote:

Seriously?

brokesomeribs

Nov 2, 2009, 3:05 PM
Post #132 of 157 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shoo] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shoo wrote:
brokesomeribs wrote:

Seriously?

Le sigh....

/sarcasm

jcrew

Nov 2, 2009, 3:13 PM
Post #133 of 157 (2070 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

good, back to the bitching.....

New Jack City (not exactly famous) "you guys took all the holds and turned them sideways".....????

welle

Nov 2, 2009, 4:51 PM
Post #134 of 157 (2044 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:
By the sounds of this thread, the Gunks must be a really crappy place to climb.

Either that, or New Yorkers are a bunch of whiny bitches.

Or both.

If you check back the thread all complaints are coming from non-New Yorkers.

anyway, to add to the Gunks complaints: 'Damn Chiggers!'
and 'I thought it was supposed to rain (insert midweek, cold or any other reason you thought you'd have the crag to yourself) - why is there already a line for High E/Shockleys/CCK (insert whatever classic on your ticklist) at like 8am?'

taydude

Nov 2, 2009, 5:04 PM
Post #135 of 157 (2035 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
brokesomeribs wrote:

Heh. While that first hill is kind of a pain to start the day, I find the hike out of the Trapps, heading up that long, gradual hill that starts at the Uberfall is the place to complain at the end of the day.

HAHA I almost died yesterday carrying 2 pads up that trail with a chest cold. I probably coughed up a liter of shit from my lungs. I didn't complain though Wink

jcrew

Nov 2, 2009, 5:34 PM
Post #136 of 157 (2018 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
jefffski wrote:
j-tree--getting off the climbs is harder than the climbs

Some started a whole thread on MP on that very subject.

i can't believe "climbers" are so wussy. sometimes you gotta wander but....if you can do the 5.9 on rope you can down climb the 5.1 unroped (i.e Touch and GO)

(This post was edited by jcrew on Nov 2, 2009, 5:35 PM)

jcrew

Nov 2, 2009, 5:44 PM
Post #137 of 157 (2010 views)
Shortcut

Re: [irregularpanda] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

trevor, lemme fix this for you

irregularpanda wrote:
ladyscarlett wrote:
irregularpanda wrote:

Joshua Tree: Fuck man, 5.9 could mean anything here.

Heh!

aerili wrote:

Climber exchanges as can be heard everywhere in the Tahoe region: "Hi, how's it going. Let me guess, you must be from the Bay area..."

Yes, well...

WHOOO!!! We're everywhere!!!!

cheers for the fun.

ls

Lemme fix this for ya.

Full disclosure, I like you goddesses, you don't get on my nerves. You're friendly. You're hot. You drink good beer. You are polite (in general) You're boyfriends are just....everywhere.

(This post was edited by jcrew on Nov 2, 2009, 5:46 PM)

therat

Nov 2, 2009, 6:01 PM
Post #138 of 157 (1993 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Devils Tower in June: "Where's the Sweat Lodge Route?"

Mt. Rushmore: "Is Greenpeace here today?"

Ten Sleep Canyon: "How many bolts are on this crack?"

qtm

Nov 2, 2009, 6:09 PM
Post #139 of 157 (1983 views)
Shortcut

Re: [therat] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gunks: Damn, it took us 45 minutes to get from the farmstand back into New Paltz! Stupid leaf peepers.

Gmburns2000

Nov 2, 2009, 6:29 PM
Post #140 of 157 (1967 views)
Shortcut

Re: [qtm] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

qtm wrote:
Gunks: Damn, it took us 45 minutes to get from the farmstand back into New Paltz! Stupid leaf peepers.

Hmmm...you don't know the back route. It saves A LOT of time if there is traffic, and it's only about 5min extra when there isn't. problem is, you never know when there's traffic.

qtm

Nov 2, 2009, 7:05 PM
Post #141 of 157 (1931 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
qtm wrote:

Hmmm...you don't know the back route. It saves A LOT of time if there is traffic, and it's only about 5min extra when there isn't. problem is, you never know when there's traffic.

LoL... I'm semi-local so I'm heading N through Tilson or S through Walden. Going out to Ireland Corners and back into NP is only 10-15 minutes, even if you take CR7 before the farm stand.

Gmburns2000

Nov 2, 2009, 7:24 PM
Post #142 of 157 (1913 views)
Shortcut

Re: [qtm] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

qtm wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
qtm wrote:

LoL... I'm semi-local so I'm heading N through Tilson or S through Walden. Going out to Ireland Corners and back into NP is only 10-15 minutes, even if you take CR7 before the farm stand.

heh. Blush

Yeah, I usually head straight past the Brauhaus toward Gardiner, and take the left at the light at the Golden Fox restaurant (then work the backroads up past the school to stay away from downtown). I wouldn't take another route after having sat in that damn traffic (which is a legit complaint at famous crags / places).

moose_droppings

Nov 2, 2009, 7:29 PM
Post #143 of 157 (1908 views)
Shortcut

Re: Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Black Hills, Sylvan Lake area.

Does that route really need another fucking bolt in it?
1000's have done it with out it.

brokesomeribs

Nov 2, 2009, 8:16 PM
Post #144 of 157 (1879 views)
Shortcut

Re: [taydude] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

taydude wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
brokesomeribs wrote:

HAHA I almost died yesterday carrying 2 pads up that trail with a chest cold. I probably coughed up a liter of shit from my lungs. I didn't complain though Wink

Ha, I hate that hill. But Stairmaster from lower Wawarsing parking is even worse. And then you go down to NRG and hike in 3 effin' miles to get to Summersville and your perspective changes quiiiickly. And then you head out to RMNP or the PNW and.... yeah.

I was also out yesterday... I was the jackass finishing the last pitch of Madame G's by headlamp. Laugh

brokesomeribs

Nov 2, 2009, 8:19 PM
Post #145 of 157 (1875 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
qtm wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
qtm wrote:

heh. Blush

Yeah, I usually head straight past the Brauhaus toward Gardiner, and take the left at the light at the Golden Fox restaurant (then work the backroads up past the school to stay away from downtown). I wouldn't take another route after having sat in that damn traffic (which is a legit complaint at famous crags / places).

@Gmburns - Veteran move, dude. It took me 5-6 years of gunks climbing before someone was kind enough to show me that route. But abstinence is the best policy... on a gorgeous Sundays in August, I don't even head out. I just go to the gym.

Look for me getting on High E at 10am on a random Tuesday with no wait at all.

Self employment is a wonderful thing.

Gmburns2000

Nov 2, 2009, 8:29 PM
Post #146 of 157 (1858 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brokesomeribs wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
qtm wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
qtm wrote:

heh. Blush

@Gmburns - Veteran move, dude. It took me 5-6 years of gunks climbing before someone was kind enough to show me that route. But abstinence is the best policy... on a gorgeous Sundays in August, I don't even head out. I just go to the gym.

Look for me getting on High E at 10am on a random Tuesday with no wait at all.

Self employment is a wonderful thing.

We discovered it one day. We just decided to see if another route existed and POOF! there it was.

We come in from Boston, so it's pretty much Fri-Sun for us. A lot of us are there just about every weekend.

jakedatc

Nov 2, 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #147 of 157 (1831 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brokesomeribs wrote:
taydude wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
brokesomeribs wrote:

Ha, I hate that hill. But Stairmaster from lower Wawarsing parking is even worse. And then you go down to NRG and hike in 3 effin' miles to get to Summersville and your perspective changes quiiiickly. And then you head out to RMNP or the PNW and.... yeah.

I was also out yesterday... I was the jackass finishing the last pitch of Madame G's by headlamp. Laugh

M G's was sweet when I did it by headlamp... would have been better without the screaming noob-tards next to us though

Gunks "gahh.. stupid experienced people leaving their inexperienced idiot partners up on the rap ledge with no knowledge of HOW to rap down"

Rumney "wahhh it's too sharp" "wahh it's too bouldery"

brokesomeribs

Nov 2, 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #148 of 157 (1823 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:

Rumney "wahhh it's too sharp" "wahh it's too bouldery"

I hate bouldering. I love Rumney. Go figure.

hafilax

Nov 2, 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #149 of 157 (1819 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If the Gunks is as crowded as this circle jerk I'd be bitching too. Doesn't anyone climb anywhere else?

Ceuse? Frankenjura? Siurana? Kalymnos?

Someone show me some sour grapes to console me for never making it there.

qtm

Nov 2, 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #150 of 157 (1811 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hafilax] Most commonly bitched about things at famous crags/places. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hafilax wrote:
If the Gunks is as crowded as this circle jerk I'd be bitching too. Doesn't anyone climb anywhere else?

Ceuse? Frankenjura? Siurana? Kalymnos?

Someone show me some sour grapes to console me for never making it there.

Kalymnos: How the f**k does goat shit end up on holds halfway up the route??

Is that trail really covered in three inches of goat shit?

Where's the hot water? I've got goat shit all over my hands.

I love Kalymnos! :)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook