Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Sport Climbing:
Draw Thief Caught
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next page Last page  View All

kachoong

Jan 7, 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #276 of 285 (6501 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bearbreeder] Draw Thief Caught [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

bearbreeder wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

you been going after me for some times now and I am not sure if you what happens to those who point their keyboard on me.

Have you seen Angry lately ?

oooo mista majid ... are ya threatening little ole me?

going after you? .... im simply pointing out that you stated

"Does two second time to clip in slows them down or uses a lot of their energy ?

bunch of pus*ies with skinny harness and skinny 6.9mm rope who can't even carry six QDs on their harnesses."

when you admit that you havent even led 5.8 ... who are you to call people pussies .... if you cant sport climb that ... lol

perhaps you have a special deal with the rockclimbing.com gods where ya can just insult everyone freely and get people banned ... wake me up when i get angry Tongue

Wait, what? ....let's go back 10 pages.... there are rockclimbing.com gods?

I'm not believing in that!

sp115

Jan 7, 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #277 of 285 (6498 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Draw Thief Caught [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
sp115 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
sp115 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
j_ung wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to remove such a draw from any route in the world, even if I didn't have the gear necessary to replace it. However, the draw in the link you posted WAS NOT A PROJECT DRAW. Yet again you have made a point that is not in dispute, and have done so as though you were Indiana Jones shooting the sword guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLXdLgOybE

As a sworn climber ,its our duty to clean dangerous or worn fixed equipment and there are no argument there but are we going to be lucky in detecting every one of these ?

Then replace it with something of your own. Same thing I would do while trad climbing if I came across a piece of fixed gear, a rusty piton, or a shitty bolt. In fact it happens all the time.

You make it sound like someone has littered the cliff with booby-traps and forced you at gun-point to climb.

replacing bad bolt, bad hanger is not the same as replacing QDs . these guys leave QDs cause they are lazy and they don't want to waste time while climbing. They just want the zipper down fast, bang bang and go and that aint happening in my backyard.

put 10 QDs on your harness, climb like a climber, reach the hanger, clip and then go on. you can climb all day long with QDs hanging in there but take them down when you go home.

Lazy? That's a bit disingenuous, it's also not important. What is important in the context of this discussion is that local ethics should apply. This wasn't in your backyard, it was in somebody elses, and they get to write the rules.

sorry dude

climbing rules is universal and there are no borders when it comes to ethics. you do not sh*t on any trail and same thing applies to climbing walls.

I see QDs in France, Himalayas, Patagonia and Jim Bob rock in Dixy Alabama, I will take it down.

Ah, I see, it appears you're the Ken Nichols of pre-hung draws. My apologies for wasting your time by assuming we could have a rational conversation.

jakedatc

Jan 7, 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #278 of 285 (6487 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
marc801 wrote:
sp115 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
replacing bad bolt, bad hanger is not the same as replacing QDs . these guys leave QDs cause they are lazy and they don't want to waste time while climbing. They just want the zipper down fast, bang bang and go and that aint happening in my backyard.

put 10 QDs on your harness, climb like a climber, reach the hanger, clip and then go on. you can climb all day long with QDs hanging in there but take them down when you go home.

Lazy? That's a bit disingenuous, it's also not important. What is important in the context of this discussion is that local ethics should apply. This wasn't in your backyard, it was in somebody elses, and they get to write the rules.
Alas, once again, MS is being aggressively ignorant on a subject and inexplicably still fails to understand the simple difference between project draws and perma-draws.

Majid doesn't understand a lot of simple things, sport climbing, trad climbing, wall climbing, English, the overwhelming majority wanting him to disappear.

who are these majority who want me out ?

put a poll and let's see

you pus*y do not have the balls to push me around kiddo and i have brought your punk ass nose down 100s of times in RC.

leaving fixed QDs is wrong and i am willing to challenge anyone who think is right to leave their sh*t hanging on the wall year around.

end of argument

Go to the Motherlode on a weekend in april aid up any .13 you choose and try to walk out with the draws.

If you are right then you will make it, if not, you'll be a bloody mess.

keep living in your own world of delusions.

Partner cracklover

Jan 7, 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #279 of 285 (6487 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sp115] Draw Thief Caught [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

sp115 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
sp115 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
sp115 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
j_ung wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to remove such a draw from any route in the world, even if I didn't have the gear necessary to replace it. However, the draw in the link you posted WAS NOT A PROJECT DRAW. Yet again you have made a point that is not in dispute, and have done so as though you were Indiana Jones shooting the sword guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLXdLgOybE

As a sworn climber ,its our duty to clean dangerous or worn fixed equipment and there are no argument there but are we going to be lucky in detecting every one of these ?

Then replace it with something of your own. Same thing I would do while trad climbing if I came across a piece of fixed gear, a rusty piton, or a shitty bolt. In fact it happens all the time.

You make it sound like someone has littered the cliff with booby-traps and forced you at gun-point to climb.

sorry dude

climbing rules is universal and there are no borders when it comes to ethics. you do not sh*t on any trail and same thing applies to climbing walls.

I see QDs in France, Himalayas, Patagonia and Jim Bob rock in Dixy Alabama, I will take it down.

Ah, I see, it appears you're the Ken Nichols of pre-hung draws. My apologies for wasting your time by assuming we could have a rational conversation.

A rational conversation with Majid? Jeez, dude, how long you been on this site and you only just figure out that's not gonna happen?

I thought it was in the FAQ when you sign up "Majid is here for entertainment purposes only. Please do not be frightened of him, but neither should you try to engage him in rational discourse."

GO

Partner j_ung

Jan 7, 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #280 of 285 (6467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:

Liar.

(This post was edited by j_ung on Jan 7, 2011, 11:27 PM)

majid_sabet

Jan 7, 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #281 of 285 (6463 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Draw Thief Caught [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

Liar.

Americans are the only ones that leave QDs on the wall .

Even when they go some island in Asia, they still leave their sh*t behind

bearbreeder

Jan 8, 2011, 2:09 AM
Post #282 of 285 (6430 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:

who are these majority who want me out ?

put a poll and let's see

you pus*y do not have the balls to push me around kiddo and i have brought your punk ass nose down 100s of times in RC.

leaving fixed QDs is wrong and i am willing to challenge anyone who think is right to leave their sh*t hanging on the wall year around.

end of argument

awww poor little majid gets angry ... maybe you should go steal some draws Tongue

sowwy we arent stroking yr internet ego ... must be hard knowing that yr always right .... and that everyone else are idiots Wink

mr.tastycakes

Jan 8, 2011, 5:43 AM
Post #283 of 285 (6398 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Draw Thief Caught [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
But some people just can't grasp that. They want it to be simple cleare=-cut black-and-white one-size-fits-all. More specifically, they want THEIR 'size' to fit all.

I can see where they're coming from. It can be frustrating. My "size" does not fit all. I discovered this some years ago. You simply have to learn to accommodate accordingly.

Wait, what are we talking about?

GO

Not THAT. Tongue

I was talking about... um... crack climbing - yeah that's it. What did you think I meant?

GWink

One Size Fits All route at Rumney? Angelic That's the only thing that came to mind...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Size_Fits_All

philap

Apr 11, 2011, 2:06 AM
Post #284 of 285 (6145 views)
Shortcut

Re: Draw Thief Caught [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lol, the descriptions are hilarious.

climber49er

Apr 12, 2011, 5:40 PM
Post #285 of 285 (6084 views)
Shortcut

Re: [philap] Draw Thief Caught [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A little out of date, but a big thanks to the climbers that handled that SO well! You are an asset to the climbing community and the world.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook