Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Looking for guidance- Shuteye
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

johnfreeman

Feb 9, 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1262 views)
Shortcut

Looking for guidance- Shuteye  (North_America: United_States: California: Western_Sierra: Shuteye_Ridge)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to spend a few weeks up here this summer. My window of opportunity is Jun 18- July 2. I've heard that Shuteye may still be inaccessible at this point, and on top of that, the road is pretty rugged getting up to High Eagle.

I was wondering if someone could give me some hard beta on the road in particular; how far could i get with a 2 wheel drive car? Is there parking along the way? Is it reasonable to backpack in from the parking?

I'm looking to explore pretty much everything up here, but I'm fixated on the long sport stuff in particular. So, as I understand it, High Eagle is the place to be.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Also, if anyone who knows the area would be willing to show me around for a bit, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

-S

mikeclimbingdude

Feb 14, 2011, 5:26 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1222 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnfreeman] Looking for guidance- Shuteye [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi, the snow should not block the road that late, should be no problem getting to first gate where you need 4x4 wheeler. before that 2 wheel dr
In reply to:
ive with clearance ok, high eagle good area, but gold eagle/ electric eagle awesome, you can get all the bata from the new guide book on sell at planet granite climbing gym's in the bay area, ca. happy climbing mike a.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook