Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

kentuckysarah

Jun 20, 2003, 1:12 AM
Post #26 of 111 (8114 views)
Shortcut

Re: Girly Girl or Tomboy? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm definately a tomboy. I love getting dirty and being outdoors and all that good stuff. My mom hates it that I never fix my hair or dress nicely all the time, I just really don't care how I look. I like being simple and being able to get ready in the morning in about 20 min. at the most after my shower. People shouldn't have to judge me by the way I look or the way I dress. Yes, I do occasionally dress up if I'm going somewhere nice or something like that-makeup and all, even with a dress sometimes :shock: Does this make me a girly tomboy?

Sarah

darin

Jun 20, 2003, 1:24 PM
Post #27 of 111 (8114 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sure, we like it when the dirt barbies get dolled up on occasion, but nothing major.. we don't need the fancy hair-do or the layered-on makeup.. no heels or anything... just a simple sundress will do.. and of course, a bandaid on the knee just to remind us that you're a dirt barbie at heart.. even if you don't need a bandaid on the knee, put one on... trust me...

granite_grrl

Jun 20, 2003, 1:29 PM
Post #28 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just so long as you boys remember that even a Dirt Barbie likes to be told that shes looks good when she dresses up. If we spend time on makeup or hair, we'd like for it to be noticed.

darin

Jun 20, 2003, 1:42 PM
Post #29 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Just so long as you boys remember that even a Dirt Barbie likes to be told that shes looks good when she dresses up. If we spend time on makeup or hair, we'd like for it to be noticed.

oh, we'll mention it . it may be in the form of a "bwah.. I didn't know you could do that..." or a "I've suddenly forgotten my own name", but we'll notice...

sroehlk

Jun 20, 2003, 1:50 PM
Post #30 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

oh, we'll mention it . it may be in the form of a "bwah.. I didn't know you could do that..." or a "I've suddenly forgotten my own name", but we'll notice...

So I don't know what my problem is, but I can't see anything posted by granite_grrl. Did I do something wrong???

wigglestick

Jun 20, 2003, 2:12 PM
Post #31 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I am TOTALY a tom-boy . . .and I have found that the guys I climb with . . . .LOVE IT when I am covered in dirt, bruises and blood!!

OK guys help me with this here . . . is it really that Sexy?

I mean sure I am bruised and dirty. . . but should this make me sexy? Nah!

it sure is fun though . . .

I will venture that it isn't the dirt and bruises that make you particularily sexy. It is more of the aura that you put off that is saying "I am comfortable in my own skin and I don't really care what anybody else thinks" that makes you sexy.

sroehlk- you probably accidentally killfiled granite_girl. There should be a way to un-killfile her somewhere.

Partner missedyno

Jun 20, 2003, 3:00 PM
Post #32 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm going to my cousin's wedding tomorrow and it is so difficult for me to try to dress up.... i'm slowly downgrading what i'm going to wear... i can't do the heels thing anymore.... first outfit looked not like me....
arrrrrrrrrrgh why can't i wear jeans and a tank top

oh and the compliment i love is "hey you clean up good"
:lol:

sroehlk

Jun 20, 2003, 3:09 PM
Post #33 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
sroehlk- you probably accidentally killfiled granite_girl. There should be a way to un-killfile her somewhere.

Thanks! It's all better now.

granite_grrl

Jun 20, 2003, 4:31 PM
Post #34 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Thanks! It's all better now.

Yea me!! Though I don't know why I was killfiled in the first place *sniff*

sroehlk

Jun 20, 2003, 5:45 PM
Post #35 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I got sick of reading your posts...just kidding! :D

I had one other person killfiled by mistake and I don't know how I did it. But I noticed people were quoting you and I had no clue where they came from and had to investigate.

granite_grrl

Jun 20, 2003, 6:15 PM
Post #36 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I had one other person killfiled by mistake and I don't know how I did it. But I noticed people were quoting you and I had no clue where they came from and had to investigate.

And thus they all lived happily ever after :lol:

sroehlk

Jun 20, 2003, 6:24 PM
Post #37 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

And thus they all lived happily ever after :lol:

Cue the theme music :lol:

kentuckysarah

Jun 20, 2003, 10:29 PM
Post #38 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The last formal I went to was a few months ago. I got home from climbing at the gym put on my dress then put on some deodorant, very little makeup, and brushed my hair and put it back up in a ponytail. Left for formal in less than 10 min. of getting home.
My sorority sisters (keep in mind this is not a typical sorority) laugh at me when we have events that we have to dress up for because I hate having to dress up and I'll put it off until the last minute. And will rarely wear a skirt unless I have to. The second I can I change or I put on different shoes...one time I had my hiking boots on with a black skirt and they made so much fun of me. I was like, "I just want to be comfortable!"

Sarah

climberterp

Jun 21, 2003, 2:54 AM
Post #39 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just registered a few days ago.....my first post :D

Love this thread 'cuz I definitely look like a girly girl (short and blond), but on the inside I'm all tomboy. The more scrapes and bruises the better! Not into makeup or heels, although I do have a weakness for other kinds of shoes.. :wink:

Partner missedyno

Jun 22, 2003, 4:12 PM
Post #40 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah i still have that "typical girl" shoe thing.

instead of heels though i buy climbing shoes, sandals, flip flops, hiking boots... etc. :) just less frequently because they're all so pricey!

this reminds me, i have an upcoming road trip where i'll probably be hiking a lot. i should get new shoes... :oops:

climbinggirl33

Jun 28, 2003, 5:42 AM
Post #41 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Is it possible to say both? I love to play and be outside . . . and if I don't come to work on Monday with scraps and bruises I don't feel like I had a good weekend.

Then again, I love sundresses and sandals and being feminine too. Granted I am not about high heels and lipstick . . . but I definitely am "girly too."

Funny thing though - whenever one of my climbing friends sees me dolled up I hear "you're wearing a dress?!!?" with a bit of shock and awe. To them, I am all tomboy - but I like to clean up too :wink:

dirtineye

Jun 28, 2003, 6:02 AM
Post #42 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoever was wondering if it was really the dirt, or something else...

IT's the DIRT. Dirt is sooo sexy.... I Love dirt. GOT covered in it today straightening out a route... I just need a Dirt Barbie to get dirty with.

If you really like the dirt, if you think clean rock is for sissies, if your friends make you want to puke when you ask about an obvious line and they say, "That 's not a route, it's not in the guide book, message me. We'll find some dirt.

olive

Jun 30, 2003, 10:13 PM
Post #43 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Himm, I totally like being girly when I feel like it - in the city... I like dresses, I like shoes (granted I mostly just look at them since I dont have much money and I am not wearing high heels much either since I have to run around a lot) Yet, I would definitely call myself a tomboy. Being a tomboy is more about attitude than what you wear I would say. I wont mind dirt, not showering, sweat, smell, etc. etc. when I am outdoors. I like it. But that makes me a happier person when I am in the city, going out, and caring about what I wear for it - I know the other me, it makes me smile. I guess, this wont be as fun if I was just one or the other, I enjoy being both, it makes me laugh at myself.
Dont you think that these are a little stereotypical as well?

climbs4fun

Jul 1, 2003, 3:36 AM
Post #44 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="kentuckysarah"]I'm definately a tomboy. I love getting dirty and being outdoors and all that good stuff. My mom hates it that I never fix my hair or dress nicely all the time, I just really don't care how I look. I like being simple and being able to get ready in the morning in about 20 min. at the most after my shower. People shouldn't have to judge me by the way I look or the way I dress. Yes, I do occasionally dress up if I'm going somewhere nice or something like that-makeup and all, even with a dress sometimes :shock: Does this make me a girly tomboy?

Sarah
I am not alone!!!!!! My mother harps like I was still a 12 year old! I love being a tomboy. But I also love turning the occasional head on the rare days that I get dressed up.

eowyn1025

Jul 6, 2003, 3:46 AM
Post #45 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

definately both. i absolutely love formals and getting all dressed up (though my idea of formal hair is maybe taking a curling iron to it for a couple of minutes...i despise hairspray!). i hate makeup...as little as possible is best. haven't worn lipstick in years...give me my burt's bees chapstick anyday. i admit, i love heels and cute skirts and dresses and i like pink. on the flip side, i just got back from the gym...just took one of my girlfriends climbing for the first time and got her hooked...and i've got a bruise about as big around as a golf ball and i was totally psyched about it...and i scraped my elbow and came home with chalk and grime all under my broken fingernails. and it felt sooooo good! gimme my halter and pants and i'm set. i love flip flops...if i could wear no other footwear but those for the rest of my life i'd be thrilled. i love my hemp necklace...have been tempted to throw that on with a formal (but haven't..my mom would have a fit) b/c i hate formal jewelry. sometimes i think i'm a walking contradiction b/c some days i hate dressing up, other days i love it...i dunno. the important thing is that i have no aversion whatsoever to dirt or cuts and scrapes...bring it on!

calliope

Jul 6, 2003, 3:43 PM
Post #46 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've gotta admit to being a girly girl who does tom boy type things. I think all of the posts I've read have been at some point on that Spectrum, I'm just a little further on the Barbie side than the dirt. My medicine cabinet is full of moisturizers, makeup, nail polish, and at least six kinds of perfume. None of which is worn when I'm doing any kind of physical workout. I'm new to climbing, and I absolutely love it. I have friends who would freak over the calluses and scrapes I come home with, but I view them as my own personal "battle scars" and I hope to have more.

I like the fact that I could spend equal amounts of time in REI or Nine West and be perfectly happy. Maybe I'll reach Dirt Barbie status at some point, but right now, I'm still making the transition from Steve Madden to Mad Rock. Keep your fingers crossed.

Calliope

enigma

Jul 6, 2003, 7:13 PM
Post #47 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

--The problem here for me is I don't think I was ever a girly girl , or a real tomboy. Mostly I'm described as sort of well "sexy". I guess I have that look, large bust, large blue eyes, and a strong survival attitude. :twisted:
I have gotten alot of inspiration over the years from male counterparts.I've been successful in male business arenas, and have been respected, and taken seriously because of that in spite of how cute I looked. :roll:
Now with rockclimbing of course I'm messy and dirty and I really don't worry about looking girly. :wink:
Now you should have seen the girls I rowed crew with for two years. Boy were they tough :shock: I felt soo wimpy sometimes. :oops:
8) .
I do enjoy dressing up and wearing clothing that's feminine and pretty. I like some makeup when I'm dressed for it,lipgloss and eyeliner. I wax my legs too. :P
I feel for me I've reached a point where I'm secure and comfortable with who I am so its easier. I don't really need anyones approval. I'm almost too independent.But alas, Of Course I try to look more feminine, if I'm going out on a date or something. (It's all about being a strong women now. :idea: )
:idea:

ecocliffchick

Jul 7, 2003, 5:37 PM
Post #48 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sometimes I'm quite girly, but most of the time I'm just a dork. Tomboy - I'm definitely not! I run away from the ball.

hilikuus

Jul 15, 2003, 5:49 PM
Post #49 of 111 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

im a mix of both
and besides that point
i dont even feel im in a classification

i wear my hair down a lot, just a blowdry and im done or i put it up in a pony tail

i paint my toenails cause i live constantly in flip flops (even in the winter im wearing them) REEFS are the best...anyways, yea i paint my toenails different bright colors because they are cheery and im cheery and happy too

clothes: im into the outdoorsy look twisted with classic stuff... like Gap jeans with tiny white tshirt with big chunky earthy looking leather belt and nice big hemp necklace and of course flip flops!!!

bandanas are occasionally worn to jazz up an outfit

makeup: when going out (movies, school) i wear lip shine and mascara and bronzer to make my face glow but to formal things i wear eyeshadow too

jewelry is a BIG accesory that i always must have (rings, african necklaces, etc)

i dont know what i am actually, sometimes i like dressing up and sometimes i just like sweats and hoodies but basically im always wearing jeans and tshirts...yay me

Partner missedyno

Jul 15, 2003, 6:21 PM
Post #50 of 111 (8106 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
bandanas are occasionally worn to jazz up an outfit

lovin' it! some people think bandanas are for dressing down! i agree though. it's the only way i can wear my hair down without getting lost in it these days

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook