Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

dirtineye

Jan 27, 2004, 10:11 PM
Post #76 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Re: Trad climbers in the south? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
yeah I know... they are both really great "men" LOL Although Curt can act Travis's age sometimes! :P But seriously I've learned almost everything I know from Travis!

This is very bad. I have to assume then that you know almost nothing, becasue Travis knows mostly nothing LOL. HELL the kid thinks an egyptian is a knee drop for pete's sake. I mean really now.

As far as me acting Travis' age, I take umbrage at that remark. I try very hard to model my behavior after Calvin, as in Calvin & Hobbes. The least you could do is notice.

climbhigh2005

Jan 27, 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #77 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
As far as me acting Travis' age, I take umbrage at that remark. I try very hard to model my behavior after Calvin, as in Calvin & Hobbes. The least you could do is notice.

ok nvm mind.. you act very old... LOL sincing you completly lost this youngen with what you just said... what does umbrage mean? Did I mention I have a very limited vocab?

dirtineye

Jan 27, 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #78 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

ok nvm mind.. you act very old... LOL sincing you completly lost this youngen with what you just said... what does umbrage mean? Did I mention I have a very limited vocab?

You mean, you never heard of calvin and hobbes? DIE HERETIC!

Umbrage, well, let's see, in a nutshell, to take umbrage woudl mean to have resntment. I Guess I am old, don't people use dictionaries any more?

tenn_dawg

Jan 27, 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #79 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The schitzophrenia causes him to have these little typing 'ticks' sometimes.

Like turhs, and thart.

Heh.

And damnit curt. I can't believe you...the decripid trad climber who has never even USED a drop knee is gonna use THAT as ammo.

Your perception of my climbing knowledge is without a doubt correct however. How do you get the rope up there anyway? Hahaha!

Youth and Intelligence triumph over Age and Senility any day of the week. Or as my good friend once said, "Damn, you've got enough spunk to fill 3 banny roosters!"

COCK-a-doodle DOOOOooooo!!!!

jcclimbs

Jan 27, 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #80 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Crawler, no question T-Wall tops Chossed Wall. Also no question that the best of Chossed Wall would still rank among the best of T-Wall if moved. And there are still some mean projects at LW that have never even been attempted.

climbhigh2005

Jan 27, 2004, 11:01 PM
Post #81 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so you "take in a nutshel" that remark? LOL :lol:

dirtineye

Jan 27, 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #82 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
so you "take in a nutshel" that remark? LOL :lol:

Well you almost got it darlin'.

What I should have said was, IF you are in a nutshell, THEN umbrage means resentment. Any logical folk out there will realize that this statement does not prevent umbrage meaning resentment when out of a nutshell.

dirtineye

Jan 27, 2004, 11:15 PM
Post #83 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The schitzophrenia causes him to have these little typing 'ticks' sometimes.

Like turhs, and thart.

Heh.

And damnit curt. I can't believe you...the decripid trad climber who has never even USED a drop knee is gonna use THAT as ammo.

Your perception of my climbing knowledge is without a doubt correct however. How do you get the rope up there anyway? Hahaha!

Youth and Intelligence triumph over Age and Senility any day of the week. Or as my good friend once said, "Damn, you've got enough spunk to fill 3 banny roosters!"

COCK-a-doodle DOOOOooooo!!!!

YOU young puppy, I'll show you a drop kick if you're not careful!

As for me being decrepit and old, I'd thrash you soundly if I could remember what it was about.

That line about how do you get the rope up there, I think that is either a rockland myth, or a true story that has happened more than once when non climbers stumbled upon some climbers.

But since you obviously don't know Travis, I'll tell you. It's a secret.

the_crawler

Jan 27, 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #84 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Crawler, no question T-Wall tops Chossed Wall. Also no question that the best of Chossed Wall would still rank among the best of T-Wall if moved. And there are still some mean projects at LW that have never even been attempted.

No dobt! I know of two roofs and an arete that I know have not been done, that would be three star for sure and hard! There are lots of great routes there and as I have said come spring I'll be there trying to send some of them. I think the fact that there is only one route listed in the guide harder than 12a speaks volumes for the FA potential there!

tenn_dawg

Jan 27, 2004, 11:45 PM
Post #85 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A secret huh? I always figured it was magic...

In other news, I give it 90% I'll be there on Saturday. Friday is still up in the air. You want me to bring any booze if I come down Friday? I got whiskey and whiskey. Take your pick. If we bring enough, we won't even have to build a fire.

Strangely I'm kind of motivated upon hearing of unclimbed roofs at down at Chossville. I'll bring the FA stuff. (Yes, suprisingly I DO have FA stuff, who'd a thunk it?) hahaha.

dirtineye

Jan 27, 2004, 11:49 PM
Post #86 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

No dobt! I know of two roofs and an arete that I know have not been done, that would be three star for sure and hard! There are lots of great routes there and as I have said come spring I'll be there trying to send some of them. I think the fact that there is only one route listed in the guide harder than 12a speaks volumes for the FA potential there!

Well, one that should be at least an 11 is going this sunday, as long as JC will show up. I'm pulling the briars off friday or saturday Jim, get your no wussing undies on.

Zac we put Arno on a line that has a move that is harder than B-52's from the look of it, if the thing can be done without aid.

I have a feeling that someone will finish this thing before long though, probably Arno, probably not me LOL, unless I get very very lucky. It's a hell of a line though. At least two very difficult sections, Arno got through one already. It's left of whistling past the boneyard, if that tells you anything.

climbhigh2005

Jan 28, 2004, 2:04 AM
Post #87 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha I love you guys!

dirtineye

Jan 28, 2004, 3:41 AM
Post #88 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
haha I love you guys!

hey is that an indedent proposal?

Um, I'm not too sure about myself, but crawler and JCclimbs are the part of the real deal in southern climbing.

Seriously Melissa, wanna come to lost wall and help clean routes? It's really fun! And there really are some good learner climbs there.

I'll teach you what travis can't-- like how to use things like hexes and tricams adn ball nutx oh my! There's mroe to trad than cams and nuts my dear.

Now close your eyes, click your heels together and say three times, "There's no piece like a passive piece.".

the_alpine

Jan 28, 2004, 3:55 AM
Post #89 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Dirt............ what's so bad about Tampa? You obviously are unaware of the undeveloped and amazing stone of the area. Come chill, maybe I'll show you a thing or two.

dirtineye

Jan 28, 2004, 4:43 AM
Post #90 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey Dirt............ what's so bad about Tampa? You obviously are unaware of the undeveloped and amazing stone of the area. Come chill, maybe I'll show you a thing or two.

That's brilliant!!! Priceless! I love a good sense of humor.

I used to live in st pete man. I hear you guys have a sand mountain down there on the beach. Only problem is, you have to build it before you can climb it ahahahahaah!

YOu shold come up and climb.

dirtineye

Jan 28, 2004, 5:04 AM
Post #91 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
A secret huh? I always figured it was magic...

In other news, I give it 90% I'll be there on Saturday. Friday is still up in the air. You want me to bring any booze if I come down Friday? I got whiskey and whiskey. Take your pick. If we bring enough, we won't even have to build a fire.

Strangely I'm kind of motivated upon hearing of unclimbed roofs at down at Chossville. I'll bring the FA stuff. (Yes, suprisingly I DO have FA stuff, who'd a thunk it?) hahaha.

Travis, well then by all means, bring the wiskey!

saturday is goingto be a good ady according to advance weather reports.

travis, FA in tradclimbing means First Ascent, not Findyer ASS LOL.

the_alpine

Jan 28, 2004, 6:19 AM
Post #92 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dirt - whats humor? St.Pete, eh... now why in the world did you ever leave!? Im in St.Pete right now, but I must say I climb (read travel to climb) a ton! Not havin' it gives me the drive I think..literally and figuratively.

dirtineye

Jan 28, 2004, 6:32 AM
Post #93 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Dirt - whats humor? St.Pete, eh... now why in the world did you ever leave!? Im in St.Pete right now, but I must say I climb (read travel to climb) a ton! Not havin' it gives me the drive I think..literally and figuratively.

HAHAHA

550 miles from you to the nearest rock at MRP in hoover al just outside birmingham... another hour to get to Palisades or HP 40... I know that road, used to ride from clearewater to st pete with no traffic LOL... Eckerd drug college... the ringliing.... old people.... rain every afternoon in the summer.... Dija ever go to chattaways? Probably long gone by now.

climbhigh2005

Jan 28, 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #94 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
haha I love you guys!

Um, I'm not too sure about myself, but crawler and JCclimbs are the part of the real deal in southern climbing.

Seriously Melissa, wanna come to lost wall and help clean routes? It's really fun! And there really are some good learner climbs there.

I'll teach you what travis can't-- like how to use things like hexes and tricams adn ball nutx oh my! There's mroe to trad than cams and nuts my dear.

Now close your eyes, click your heels together and say three times, "There's no piece like a passive piece.".

I would love to, but I cant this weekend bc I have dance team and am going on college visits! thanks for the invitation tho.. maybe next weekend?

dirtineye

Jan 28, 2004, 2:58 PM
Post #95 of 95 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
haha I love you guys!

I would love to, but I cant this weekend bc I have dance team and am going on college visits! thanks for the invitation tho.. maybe next weekend?

Depends on the weather, but why not?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook