Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Partner missedyno

Apr 26, 2004, 4:16 PM
Post #51 of 58 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Re: Earth Day Clean-up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks to grant and the access committee for organizing this. What an amazing turn out! It was like a treasure hunt for garbage, I got a lot of broken glass, and many bottles. Even a pepsi can that looked like it was from the early eighties!

saw those of you who scored tires, and that barbed wire contraption... even the hood of a car...

congratulations to everyone who won prizes!!

ontpebblewrestler

Apr 26, 2004, 6:48 PM
Post #52 of 58 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Huge thanks to Grant and the rest of the access committee for organizing such a great event not only for the participates but also for showing land owners and conversation authorities that climbers are a mainly response and environmentally sound group of people. The event had an amazing turnout; didn't find any garbage that was that exciting (no retro pop cans or barbed wire :cry: ). Although, one member of our group did find some booty; a #7 nut on the ground a good distance back from the crag. Met some great people and had some good laughs, defiantly looking forward to next year.

Thou I still say that Grant should have come out for a beer after the event.

krillen

Apr 26, 2004, 7:13 PM
Post #53 of 58 (4430 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys, I just posted my Earth Day Event pics at http://www.two0six.com.

Click the Earth day link at the bottom of the page.

8^)

krillen

Apr 26, 2004, 7:15 PM
Post #54 of 58 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys, I just posted my Earth Day Event pics at http://www.two0six.com.

Click the Earth day link at the bottom of the page.

8^)

darkside

Apr 26, 2004, 9:30 PM
Post #55 of 58 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

crazylikeafawkes: Unfortunately not everyone won a prize, someone walked away with MY rope. :cry: Now I've been racking my brain (it was pretty well shot by the end of the day though) and as far as I can remember I don't recall seeing you and krillen at the same time. Not even during the BBQ. Any idea why that might be?

ontpebblewrestler: I actually had invites from three groups to go down to the Dickens but I had the irresistable urge to go grab a couple of climbs first. I then ended up at a friends place until after 10:30pm eating pizza and wings. Of course it did take a couple of beers to wash it down. :D

krillen: Nice to see some pics, I never had the time to use my camera. I couldn't see any pics of crazylikeafawkes though :? Didn't you see her?

If anyone has a copy of the Hamilton Spectator from Monday 26th (today) then check out page A8. We may not have been front page material or the only folks to celebrate Earth Day on Saturday but at least we get part of an article over a 1/4 page in size. Not too shabby eh?

Also a more accurate count of numbers including some late arrivals put the count up to 137 people joining us.
What will next year bring? Who knows, it's a year away and everyone has an awful lot of advocating to do first right. Like showing the Spectator article to folks you know for starters. And you don't even have to admit you know the person quoted in the article eh :roll:

ontario_guide

Apr 26, 2004, 10:16 PM
Post #56 of 58 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If anyone has a copy of the article could they post it or e-mail it to me?

Partner missedyno

Apr 27, 2004, 12:50 PM
Post #57 of 58 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
crazylikeafawkes: Unfortunately not everyone won a prize, someone walked away with MY rope. :cry: Now I've been racking my brain (it was pretty well shot by the end of the day though) and as far as I can remember I don't recall seeing you and krillen at the same time. Not even during the BBQ. Any idea why that might be?

i'm in a couple of his pictures... if you squint, you can see me...

and yes, this was probably our closest almost-meet. phew!

til next year, krillen! *shakes fist quasi-menacingly*

krillen

Apr 27, 2004, 2:00 PM
Post #58 of 58 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will conceed that this was a close one, however not the closest. I made sure to keep my head down whenever passing groups of strangers and keep to my "clique" instead of meeting anyone new. :P I'm confidnet that Fawkes and I can go to many more places without having to meet or speak to each other.

Great turnout guys, and great impression left on the non-climbing community! Let's keep it up all year long on a personal basis! Cart out that garbage!

Cheers

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook