Forums: Community: Campground:
which is better indoor or outdoor climbing??
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

dingus

Sep 28, 2004, 6:09 PM
Post #51 of 91 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Re: which is better indoor or outdoor climbing?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Dingus, I had left the original post, and even checked it after I split the thread. If, however, the original poster elects to come back and remove it, or there was some other bug in the system, then I have nothing to do with that. It was there after the split.

Cool. Got it. It was not there when I viewed page one prior to my post. It's there now however, in all its troll glory.

Seems like a lot of work for nothing, pruning a troll thread, but I appreciate your getting back to me.

Cheers
DMT

edge

Sep 28, 2004, 6:17 PM
Post #52 of 91 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If I was 100% sure it was a troll, then the whole thing would have been off to Community without me doing all of the unneccesary work of splitting it. However, since some people took the time to give honest answers, I did not want to slight their efforts, hence the split. Plus, I had never used the split tool before, and it was like that # 5 camalot that you carry on your rack and need to place once in a while to justify carrying it.

In reply to:
"cheers"? -----that somehow makes your (not so veiled) threat all better?

I think you will find that I use that all all of my correspondence and many posts, as does Dingus and others. Don't you have a grassy knoll to check for shell casings?

gnat

Sep 28, 2004, 6:26 PM
Post #53 of 91 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
no more topic drift or even slightly off topic discussions allowed. and we will decide what is on or off topic.

Topic drift is fine, but I split off two pages of BS that had nothing to do with the original question..............

looks like you used a machette instead of a scapel. here is my original post [with] which i am adding back over here because it belongs here:

In reply to:
In reply to:
2 start off i'de say indoor than when u can climb a 5.11 @ least than u should start outdoor climbing! does anyone agree??

I might..... [attempt at humor deleted to prevent more ranting by all the jt5.2 haters]
-Jay

is pulling on plastic really even climbing? "

[seems like an on topic comment to me]

In reply to:
you cold almost compare it with sex with and without a condom.

more like masterbation vs. sex with a partner.

[the prosecution rests.]

ambler

Sep 28, 2004, 6:27 PM
Post #54 of 91 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Plus, I had never used the split tool before, and it was like that # 5 camalot that you carry on your rack and need to place once in a while to justify carrying it.
Hey, good analogy! First funny thing said on this unfunny thread.

gnat

Sep 28, 2004, 6:35 PM
Post #55 of 91 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Don't you have a grassy knoll to check for shell casings?

its more fun hovering this pile of dung.

high ho, high ho, its off to "community" we go... [fade to whistling].

danooguy

Sep 28, 2004, 6:47 PM
Post #56 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You're being a dick! Obviously, you seem to like to point out the errs in others you tool - that is slang for s---...as in, take a dip in your s---.

Perhaps you might consider removing the comma after the word "obviously" and placing it after the word, "others".

maniacsurfer420

Sep 28, 2004, 7:30 PM
Post #57 of 91 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ur crazy indoors = puss outdoors = real man
exept when bad weather. climbing is not safe besides what ppl tell you
indoors is not climbing its recreation. outdoors is a adrenaline rush from hell especially when soloing which i recomend to everyone. but im an adrenaline junky thats out of his gord so maybee im not the sainest person to listen too.

goodwholesomeboy

Sep 28, 2004, 7:37 PM
Post #58 of 91 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

do you even have to ask?

shortfatoldguy

Sep 28, 2004, 7:38 PM
Post #59 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I am just waiting to be dinged for my stream of conscience writing

Nice.

I talk stream of conscience with my therapist all the time.

Quiz: Would the above phrase "all the time" be best replaced by "continually" or "continuously," and why?

jurjels

Sep 28, 2004, 7:54 PM
Post #60 of 91 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Even so, here are some reasons the gym is good (IIRC):

1. You don't have to worry about a headlamp after the sun goes down.
2. You're not subject to the elements.
3. For me, the drive is 10 - 15 minutes (opposed to an hour to decent rock).
4. If toproping, there is no set-up and break-down time. You can accomplish quite a bit of climbing in a couple hours at the gym.
5. Ever-changing routes. Local crags can get old after a few seasons.
6. For beginners, less equipment is required.
7. If you're training, it may be easier to find particular sequences in a higher concentration indoors.
8. They have harnesses for younger kids, which is nice when I take my nephews.

Missed one:

9. You're closer to the pub for an after climb pint (or two).

Otherwise, I'd rather climb outside.

the_climber

Sep 28, 2004, 9:06 PM
Post #61 of 91 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm... indoor or outdoor(ie. Real climbing!)

I think the point here is that there is NO glory in plastic, or concrete for that matter.

Stepping out from the beley into serious exposure, or being runout on a series of bat hook move, or swinging your tools into some sick ice... There is glory to be found in these!

danooguy

Sep 28, 2004, 11:39 PM
Post #62 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I talk stream of conscience with my therapist all the time.

My therapist wants me. I can tell by how much interest she shows in me.

jt512

Sep 29, 2004, 12:22 AM
Post #63 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Jay - I'll humor you after reading several or your posts... But, this particular response:

In reply to:
In reply to:
2 start off i'de say indoor than when u can climb a 5.11 @ least than u should start outdoor climbing! does anyone agree??

I might. Try posting your question in English. Then I'll let you know.

-Jay

What the F.U.C.K?! Who are you - the freakn' Post-gestapo?!

Perhaps, you should stop answering in sentence fragments: Fragments are incomplete sentences. Usually, fragments are pieces of sentences that have become disconnected from the main clause. One of the easiest ways to correct them is to remove the period between the fragment and the main clause. Other kinds of punctuation may be needed for the newly combined sentence.

You're being a dick! Obviously, you seem to like to point out the errs in others you tool - that is slang for s---...as in, take a dip in your s---.

First of all, I wasn't pointing out the errs [sic] in his post; I was trying to suggest to him that, since this is not a chat room, he should try to post using something approximating standard written English.

Secondly, I was trying to interject a little humor into it, as everybody but you seemed to notice.

Third, you're even wrong about my grammar. All three sentences in my first post are complete sentences. Perhaps you misinterpreted the word "then."

There are some congratulations in order here. It is rare that we get a post in which everything is wrong. Do you know Beetsy511, by any chance?

-Jay

jumpingrock

Sep 29, 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #64 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:shock: :shock: :shock:

This thread is scary. Hold me.

jt512

Sep 29, 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #65 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
From
Eats Shoots & Leaves

OK, I can overlook the failure to italicize the title of the book, but for God's sake, if you're going to quote from that book, at least put the comma in after "Eats."

And, I posted that panda joke months ago.

And that's not a sentence fragment, either.

-Jay

Partner philbox

Sep 29, 2004, 1:04 AM
Post #66 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The panda joke is all wrong. In Oz we have a joke pretty much the same and it is about a wombat.

The puncline is that a Wombat eats, roots, shoots and leaves. Note to all who may be unfamiliar with Australian slang, roots = fornication. So if you come across an Aussie (the two ss`s promnounced as z`s (did I get the apostrophes correct)) who describes himself as a wombat you`ll know what he is talking about. Of course just to confuse matters it has been known that if you wish to slag off at some one in a derogatory manner then just call em a silly wombat or just say, ahhh ya wombat. The latter has no bearing on the former mentioned wombat.

jumpingrock

Sep 29, 2004, 1:17 AM
Post #67 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude Thanks!

Kahoong ya wombat!

kachoong

Sep 29, 2004, 1:23 AM
Post #68 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Dude Thanks!

Kahoong ya wombat!

It's kachoong ya Sasquatch!

jumpingrock

Sep 29, 2004, 1:49 AM
Post #69 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Partner missedyno

Sep 29, 2004, 2:07 AM
Post #70 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Jay - I'll humor you after reading several or your posts... But, this particular response:

In reply to:
In reply to:

-Jay

Perhaps, you should stop answering in sentence fragments: Fragments are incomplete sentences. Usually, fragments are pieces of sentences that have become disconnected from the main clause. One of the easiest ways to correct them is to remove the period between the fragment and the main clause. Other kinds of punctuation may be needed for the newly combined sentence.

First of all, I wasn't pointing out the errs [sic] in his post; I was trying to suggest to him that, since this is not a chat room, he should try to post using something approximating standard written English.

Secondly, I was trying to interject a little humor into it, as everybody but you seemed to notice.

Third, you're even wrong about my grammar. All three sentences in my first post are complete sentences. Perhaps you misinterpreted the word "then."

There are some congratulations in order here. It is rare that we get a post in which everything is wrong. Do you know Beetsy511, by any chance?

-Jay

seemed like i had to quote someone just to post in this thread.

Partner philbox

Sep 29, 2004, 2:19 AM
Post #71 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

In reply to:
In reply to:

-Jay

-Jay

That was so last year. :lol:

jumpingrock

Sep 29, 2004, 2:30 AM
Post #72 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

In reply to:
In reply to:

-Jay

-Jay

That was so last year. :lol:

I wonder if Ryan would consider resurecting that thread where we made pyramids?

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 29, 2004, 4:48 AM
Post #73 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love you all - I care!

I am having the bestest day!!!

timstich

Sep 29, 2004, 5:08 AM
Post #74 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I love you all - I care!

I am having the bestest day!!!

Drunk...

with love again.

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 29, 2004, 12:11 PM
Post #75 of 91 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:) Tim

...nah, just trying to make a crappy day better w/ that whole positive self-talk... it didn't really work, so i went to bed...

i love you all - willing to try it again

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook