Forums: Community: Campground:
For Bush Haters: What good things has he done?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

mikej

Mar 23, 2006, 5:41 PM
Post #51 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Re: For Bush Haters: What good things has he done? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm, sounds like a lot of rightie leftie bashing goin on. Curious, if so many people call republicans stupid, how come they're usually the one's making the money? Stupid people don't get lucky that often. Just playin devils advocate :wink: . I don't really stand on either side completely. If you always vote democrat or republican without looking at issues, you've given up thinking for yourself. I realize thats easier, but thats one reason why people are always unhappy with the government. I originally registered republican, but i have been known to vote for some typically democratic issues at the same time i realize war is an unfortunate part of politics and always will be. It has been for thousands of years so I don't mind a president thats willing to go to war. I definitely don't like that we've been in Iraq for this long, but then again, I've heard on a number of occasions (at least a dozen) on the news or radio of attacks on US, or European soil that have been stopped because of our presence in the mid east. We've lost more soldier's lives than I like either, so which do you pick? And so what if thorne copy and pasted a statement? It saved time, what do you want him to do, paraphrase the whole bloody thing? Many missed a point by looking in the wrong place. Was the point valid? So...

madriver

Mar 23, 2006, 5:47 PM
Post #52 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

phhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt.....buzzkill....pile on dude.....it's more fun.

g
Deleted

Mar 23, 2006, 5:49 PM
Post #53 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
even tho it would be close to impossible for 90% of us
I'd broaden that to plain impossible. Just like it is impossible to know the truth. The best we can do is admit our own inability and go from there. Only someone with god-like ego would think of themselves as being able to do better.

iltripp

Mar 23, 2006, 5:54 PM
Post #54 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Anything else? I can also think of healthy alternatives to many of Bush's other choices. No-Child Left Behind, our new and improved Supreme Court, Healthy Forests Act (Or whatever it was called), the Clear Skies Act, etc, etc, etc....

At least his initiatives/efforts have positive sounding names. :wink:

Yeah... even if they do the opposite of what they say...

mikej

Mar 23, 2006, 6:01 PM
Post #55 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
madriver Posted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

phhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt.....buzzkill....pile on dude.....it's more fun.

Ya, you're right. EVERYTHING SUCKS!!! :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: ahh, thats better :lol:

rufusandcompany

Mar 23, 2006, 6:06 PM
Post #56 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
One thing he could do that I would strongly approve of would be for him to put reforms on campaign financing... that would take care of the whords of corrupt Republicans right now, Abrahamoff, Delay, and whoever else is funneling illegal funds.

Why would a corrupt president invoke reforms on the very Republican politicians with whom he is orchestrating these questionable policies. This is clearly a team effort. One would have to be completely blind not to see it for what it is.

The left and right have proven, IMO, that their ability to effectively manage government has been severely undermined by their inability to overlook partisan differences. What they fail to realize is that American citizens represent an amalgamation of both conservative and liberal concerns. Not one of us - except for possibly Thorne - is completely conservative or liberal.

The polarization of these two parties has proven itself to be ineffective, and it is time that we start exploring politicians and/or a party that represents more balance and inclusion. The misuse of power that we are witnessing in our government, because of the majority presence in all three branches, is a product of human nature. We are seeing a breach of the very system that was set up to defend against such a monopoly.

It is no secret that the Military Industrial Complex is the key to our power and influence around the globe. I am not even convinced that it necessarily, at least in some capacity, a negative thing for the country. The problem is that US citizens no longer have an effective voice in the decision making process. That has been usurped by a government that we have allowed to gain too much control over our lives.

This is our country, and we could be a force for good all over the world, but that will never happen until we become systemically educated and active enough to insist on representatives and policies that with benefit our nation and the world in a positive way.

Until then, we are reaping the rewards of apathy and ignorance.

Partner j_ung

Mar 23, 2006, 6:31 PM
Post #57 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He invaded Afganistan after 9/11. That shit needed doin'.

Partner camhead

Mar 23, 2006, 6:39 PM
Post #58 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey Camhead :D

Where've you been? Presumably, spending very little time in front of a computer monitor. :wink:

The lefties around here are in serious need of intellectual leadership. Post up, beotch.

hey thorne,
too much time climbing and working to post up here much! unfortunately, I've been way busy teaching American colonial history to overprivileged SMU kids this term, so the arguments will have to wait.

I did just return from the Red last week, though. You southerners have some KICKASS sandstone!

curt

Mar 23, 2006, 6:47 PM
Post #59 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
..Curt,you are a way smarter guy than I, everybody likes a BJ, even we conservatives,but is it fair to overlook perjury?The truth is that Clinton had a lifelong history of manipulating women for sex.Paula Jones was not the only person he offered jobs to in exchange for sex,you may argue that's not proven,I'll agree.Personally I would not have cared a whit if he was doing Monica or some other girl,that's pretty standard fare for the White House,Kennedy was a sex machine.At least he had the sack to actually have intercourse,and I don't think he was strongarming women for it.That's the part that bothered me,the conservative.That and the"depends on what your definition of 'is' is."

Yeah, in retrospect, those were the good old days. :lol:

Curt

chalkfree

Mar 23, 2006, 7:25 PM
Post #60 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To get back to the point, I think that bush has proven once and for all that the axiom

In reply to:
It not the votes that count, It who counts the votes.

It's sad, but I don't really think that the younger generation is very happy about the way votes don't seem to count for shit. He's proven that voting machines need to be opensource.

thorne
Deleted

Mar 23, 2006, 7:40 PM
Post #61 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

One downside to Bush's presidency is the level of political whining has reached historic levels.

Carter had a lot of detractors. Reagan had a lot of detractors. Clinton has a lot, too. If not sure if Bush has more detractors than these other recent presidents. More like, it's that the current detractors bitch and moan a whole lot than those of the past.

Partner bill

Mar 23, 2006, 7:47 PM
Post #62 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
One downside to Bush's presidency is the level of political whining has reached historic levels.

Along those same lines, I think the level of paranoia and belief in conspiracy theories has reached historic levels.

madriver

Mar 23, 2006, 7:48 PM
Post #63 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thorne wrote:

In reply to:

Carter had a lot of detractors. Reagan had a lot of detractors. Clinton has a lot, too. If not sure if Bush has more detractors than these other recent presidents. More like, it's that the current detractors b---- and moan a whole lot than those of the past.

...I'd say it's more like a ground swell of Nationalistic unity.

love
the masses

the_pirate

Mar 23, 2006, 7:59 PM
Post #64 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Doesn't apply to most here, but he has approved funding to fix/replace housing for military families that live on bases. The housing hasn't been revamped since WW2 so it was/is in really rough shape. Approved funding for better pay for off post housing so a family can afford to live somewhere other than a studio appartment of trailer in the ghetto. Generally gave a lot of folks in the military a Commander in Chief that lives by the same rules that is required of us.

That's all well and good provided you don't get killed or wounded. Then you and your family will discover the sad reality that Bush has slashed vererans benefits as well as funding for VA hospitals.

thorne
Deleted

Mar 23, 2006, 8:03 PM
Post #65 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
]One downside to Bush's presidency is the level of political whining has reached historic levels.

...I'd say it's more like a ground swell of Nationalistic unity.

love
the masses
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobd1953

Mar 23, 2006, 8:28 PM
Post #66 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Funny what you call criticism.

thorne
Deleted

Mar 23, 2006, 8:42 PM
Post #67 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Funny what you call criticism.

I wouldn't expect you to grasp the distinction between fair minded criticism and low brow character assassination..

bobd1953

Mar 23, 2006, 8:53 PM
Post #68 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I wouldn't expect you to grasp the distinction between fair minded criticism and low brow character assassination..

And just what was your treatment of John Kerry during the election and your bashing of Bill Clinton on numerous threads??

You have be the biggest fecking hypocrite on this site...bar none. You never practice what you preach!!!

thorne
Deleted

Mar 23, 2006, 9:04 PM
Post #69 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

And just what was your treatment of John Kerry during the election and your bashing of Bill Clinton on numerous threads??

You have be the biggest fecking hypocrite on this site...bar none.

Wrong, but you might be the biggest "fecking" liar on this site.... or at least, the second biggest liar.

1) I never made any claims that all of my criticisms of Kerry were fair minded. My behavior is irrelevant to the point I was making.

2) I don't recall any "bashing of Bill Clinton on numerous threads".

Produce some examples and I'll apologize. Until then, Fuck off!

crankinv9

Mar 23, 2006, 9:12 PM
Post #70 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

going to Afganistan was a good call by bush, can't think of any more

let's look at who does more whining and lying. Most talk radio is dominated by "conservatives" and their bread and butter is slamming democrats or liberals or lefties, you can pick your favorite term.

For example, it is pretty weak to whine that no good news comes out of Iraq when the guys that carry water for bush spend their entire shows going after the opposition. Shouldn't his (bush) cheerleaders provide that good news?

rufusandcompany

Mar 23, 2006, 9:17 PM
Post #71 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bloop.....blooop....bloooop. I think I see bubbles.

crankinv9

Mar 23, 2006, 9:22 PM
Post #72 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

your kitty can see my bong?

thorne
Deleted

Mar 23, 2006, 9:24 PM
Post #73 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Since becoming President of the United States in 2001, President Bush blah blah blah world more peaceful.
wow thorne, you have just lost complete credibility with respect to intellectual honesty. I wonder what you're feeling right now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As if he ever had any. I told you that he was probably a GOP plant. Who else would go out of his way to pull a stunt like that?. I would almost bet that every large website, that entertains political discussions, is being infiltrated by these people.

For those of you who actual thought I was genuinely trying to present a cut and paste from www.whitehouse.gov. as my own writing, guess what? Gullible isn't a word in the dictionary. :wink:

rufusandcompany

Mar 23, 2006, 9:37 PM
Post #74 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
For those of you who actual thought I was genuinely trying to present a cut and paste from www.whitehouse.gov. as my own writing, guess what? Gullible isn't a word in the dictionary. :wink:

You might of had climbinganne fooled, but no one else is falling for your lame attempt at saving face. That you are defending yourself is evidence that you and your big, fat lie are on the ropes. bloop... blooop...blooop :wink:

thorne
Deleted

Mar 23, 2006, 9:46 PM
Post #75 of 86 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

You might of had climbinganne fooled, but no one else is falling for your lame attempt at saving face. That you are defending yourself is evidence that you and your big, fat lie are on the ropes. bloop... blooop...blooop :wink:

Oh roofie/PL... you're such an easy mark. :lol: :lol: :lol:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook