RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

msecoda

Aug 23, 2002, 6:20 PM
Post #1 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Depressed!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am seriously depressed! One year ago today I was is Glacier National Park having the time of my life. Today I am in an office doing a boring a$$ job and my father in law is in Eureka, Mt. for the next two weeks!!!
I guess I will hit the crag this weekend but it won't be the same....
Anyone ever have such an ultimate experience (climbing or otherwise) that everything else seems dull.

Practice safe climbing!

melonhead

Aug 23, 2002, 6:33 PM
Post #2 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Depressed!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Join the club. I just met the PERFECT woman. However, since I'm a putz and a climber, I screwed it up. Kinda makes me feel like soloing a wall. Hmmm..........

tcollins

Aug 23, 2002, 6:44 PM
Post #3 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Spent a week with my wife down in the Grand Canyon before we got married. Best pre-honeymoon ever. Think about being back down there just about everyday.

Also have had wonderful trips with friends from all over the country in the Superstitions that I miss a lot too. Good thing that's become a March tradition.

krustyklimber

Aug 23, 2002, 6:44 PM
Post #4 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Michael,

Yes, I totaly understand where you are coming from, I have had a very difficult year of my life frought with tragedies.
And I was also feeling quite depressed about life and especially climbing.

I just returned home fron the Smith Rocks Rockclimbing.com gathering, and I would suggest to you that you do whatever it takes to make it to the Rumney gathering... even if you have to quit your boring job.

The Smith gig was very small and I was made to feel so welcome and good by the other members who were there I have been revived!!! There will be many more at the Rumney gig and some of them are the same beautiful people I was lucky enough to spend time with (my face is still sore from smiling and laughing so much ).

You will be enlightened by this I know! So go!!!

But until then hang in there Dude!!!

Jeff

msecoda

Aug 23, 2002, 6:55 PM
Post #5 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Even if I didn't climb, Glacier would have been an ultimate experience. I was looking through the pictures last night. Gotta get back there.

Don't worry I will get back there.

As far as Climbing trips go, I am not going on any big trips until at least next year.
We are going on a cruise to Mexico for my buddies wedding. (not a climbing trip) but still half of my vacation time.

daggerx

Aug 24, 2002, 3:04 AM
Post #6 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can relate I was going out with the women I wanted to spend the rest of my life with but she got jelious (SP) of climbing and my girls(my jeeps) and my dumb as*screwd everything up with her.

DaggerX

Partner camhead

Aug 24, 2002, 3:27 AM
Post #7 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, the 'depressed' forum. I definitely belong.
A bit over a week ago I moved from the beautiful state of UTAH to Dallas,
m******ucking Texas. This whole summer I climbed an average of five times a week, now I'm lucky if I can get to the gym, which is a half hour's drive through depressing urban sprawl.

Needless to say, I've been spending way too much time online.
Ugh.

collegekid

Aug 24, 2002, 3:29 AM
Post #8 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think i can relate....I've done no work this whole summer....i've slept in every day...climbed a whole lot...now, have to move back to school, and get used to studying my a$$ off. I'm even gonna hafta get a job, since i'm broke. I'm gonna have 4 8 am classes each week. This is gonna suck. Hopefully i'll be able to climb just as regularly as i have been.

clymber

Aug 24, 2002, 3:47 AM
Post #9 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can relate also.. My best friend/partner is on his way out to Colorado for school...He is like a brother to me..Has pushed me in my climbing farther then I ever though I would get and now he is gone..He will be truly missed by me...
Be safe my Brutha

amsam

Aug 24, 2002, 3:59 AM
Post #10 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know the feeling quite well.

Last summer I spent about a month in Ecuador, stayed with a family in Quito, lived in the rainforest for a week, took a cruise in the Galapagos Islands, went to Cotopaxi(but I wasn't allowed up to the summit since I had no gear, or even a jacket).

I had the time of my life, but then I had to come back to suburban Minnesota. Being here can't even begin to being in Ecuador.

Actually I feel like this after just about every trip I take to anywhere with my friends.

It's always a let down to have to return home, but I guess I probably wouldn't enjoy those experiences so much if my regular life didn't suck so much in comparison.

toobigtoclimb

Aug 24, 2002, 4:12 AM
Post #11 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can beat that coda!

I grew up in West Glacier and Glaier Park and now I spend all day behind a desk, on the 5th floor of a big building, and breathe recycled air all day long!!!

rocks4jules

Aug 24, 2002, 4:35 AM
Post #12 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I with all of you. Depressed!!! I start school again Monday (College), and I work 9 - 5 every day, my boyfriend/climbing partner just broke up with me, and my daughter is moving to her dad's for the school year. I need to climb just to get unstressed -- now it will be stressful finding someone to climb with. I need a vacation!!!

JULES

vaness

Aug 24, 2002, 12:13 PM
Post #13 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

in the summer of 2001 i went on a kayaking trip to lake umbagog in errol NH. and ever since i came back i waited a very very long year till this summer to go again. im the summer of 2002 we finally went again and now its only been about a month since we got back abd thats all i can thingk about doing. but we have some upcoming trips planned so hopefully i will be able to go on those.

Partner xcel360

Aug 24, 2002, 5:01 PM
Post #14 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Talk about being depressed...I moved to South Florida a year ago to go to school from Pennsylvania where I climbed, hiked, and mountain biked avidly. I got so depressed this summer from lack of doing anything. It's too darn hot and humid to do anything in the day, and it's ridicously flat. I think I'm going to transfer schools somewhere real fast. I just got an invite from a friend to move in with him in California. Great schools and great climbing. I'd be a fool not to take it. But I'm getting off track now, so yes this summer was *extremely* depressing for me to. And it doesn't help that the nearest indoor gym is over an hour away...

climbinganne

Aug 24, 2002, 7:18 PM
Post #15 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yup, i couldn't resist this one...

i just pray i hit the rocks bottom, so it's only up from here, for me now!!!

lew, sorry to hear about michael (thats who i am guessing you are talking about)...i am sure you miss him dearly, i know how much you loved climbing with him, your face would light up!!!

paul...you moved to texas, sorry to hear thar dude!!! for i know how much you loved your canyons...

and for the person who posted this thread...not sure where southhampton is, i'm guessing philly area, but there are some wonderful ppl here in PA...try looking up a few for an afternoon or weekend climb...

sparky

Aug 24, 2002, 7:43 PM
Post #16 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My first trad climbs where in Eldorado canyon, this place is was soooooo nice. I didn't realize how sweet it was until I started climbing elsewhere and now elseswhere doesn't come close to being as nice as Eldo. For a while everwhere my friend and I went climbing we always compared the climbing to Eldo, not a good idea. Eberything that was nice to others sucked to us, if we found one loose boulder on a popular route we were awestruck, then we found out that Eldorado had some of the nicest climbing in the country, we quickly redid our suck-o-meter and everyelses started to be fun.

krustyklimber

Aug 25, 2002, 6:35 AM
Post #17 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Where's Pete when we need him?

He'd say "whaa whaa whaa... Shut up and climb, Mate!!!"

Way to go Annie, you get back up there and keep after it!!!

Jeff

msecoda

Aug 28, 2002, 6:13 PM
Post #18 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Toobig,
That does suck

Anne,

You read the topic before you read the post
(depressed), right?
You did not have to continue from there, but you are right. I am in much better spirits today although I am still at my $hitty job.
I am going to try to break away and hit some rocks this weekend.
Talk to ya later

climb hard

snibdogg20

Sep 6, 2002, 3:51 AM
Post #19 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Talk about being bummed...I spent this summer in Boulder Colorado and had the time of my life! I climbed 4-5 times a week at some of the best climbing spots in the country (eg-Eldorado Canyon). And they were a mere 5 min. drive from my apartment! Now I'm back in school in PA, and while there are some decent places to climb, it is just not the same. Not even close. Plus I have a crappy schedule and a killer workload this semester. I can't seem to get my mind off what I am missing out west and focus on my school work. All I want to do is quit school and climb. Somehow, I don't think my parents would like that one too much...
Climb Hard, Cary

wlderdude

Sep 6, 2002, 7:36 PM
Post #20 of 20 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

At least you have jobs.

I went home to Houston this summer, hoping for an internship. Incedentally, Houston has NO ROCK EVEN IN THE RIVERBEDS! At least Dallas has Lake Mineral Wells. I made it climbing ONCE all summer in Austin. I couldn't find any decent jobs all summer! I worked a few odd jobs, but that's it.

Now i am back at school in Utah, and my old boss gave my job at the welding shop away this summer! I can't get my schedule to work out to where I have good teachers, nor a schedule that alows me to find another decent job (as if they aren't already taken). I will probably end up scooping slop or scrubbing toilets. I am broke as a joke and going calculus crazzy.

And this site is keeping me distracted from what I need to be doing!

The only guy I could ever call a partner from before the summer won't return my calls.

Oh, well. I had planned on climbing with someone tonight from this site, but it has been raining all day.

I am not a happy camper, but hanging in there.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook