Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

banjobob

Sep 6, 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #51 of 60 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Re: I want to Pull Fixed Draws at NRG? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jay,
your a little late on the topic, all day long dan and i have been discussing this in private. he knows there was no attack on him. it's all in good fun dont be so protective. hes a big boy. it all good. discussion and debate are always good no matter what your stance is.
cheers

Partner j_ung

Sep 6, 2006, 1:06 AM
Post #52 of 60 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yah, Dan's here now, so I heard. Glad to hear there's no bad blood between the two of you.

rockclimbergabor

Sep 6, 2006, 1:11 AM
Post #53 of 60 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

no way dude.. especially not at summersville.. the person will take their draws off after they do the climb

banjobob

Sep 6, 2006, 1:31 AM
Post #54 of 60 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

as i stated in my thread there are bigger fish to fry and while fixed draws were being discussed then why not take it a step further to what really is a problem here. the fixed anchors and bolts being used incorrectly we have to regulate ourselves or the non-climbing community will. and we know that wont be pretty. thus websites like these that have forums. thinking outside the box and our town i feel is a good thing.
until this weekend
yes i'll be there for trail day "hot air and all" as i have been for over 12 years. i welcome those who dont live here and the local guide services to be there as well. because it benefits everyone
cheers with beers!
banjobob

dbrayack

Sep 6, 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #55 of 60 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh yah, I have no issues about you smacking me around a little (infact, I kinda of enjoy it), I was more stepping in about mentioning another person who isn't here to defend themselves.

My bad, I shoulda quoted the particular portion that I was saying: "I think this is bad...BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!"

:lol:

In reply to:
...what needs to be discussed is not the fixed draws but the total !@#$@!#...

That one...I guess I was the kid in the school yard that always tried to stick up for people when they weren't around...of course I was a pretty small kid and always got beat up too... :idea: So I learned to shoot. :idea:

Hey Banjobob, I'll bring you a beer to the next meeting if you bring me one?

-Danno

robinson_321

Oct 17, 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #56 of 60 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To bicker about whether a draw has a biner on the top or not sort of spoils this website with arguments.
The title of it should have been if you really want to get pissed off then read this.
All of the people that said to take the draws are from out of town and probably have no idea what they are responding to.

The person bashing JT also has no idea what they are talking about either. That guy has put in tons of hours fixing things up down there.
He probably has more freakin experience than all of you goobers put together.

I don't think the new needs any more sheriffs than it already has.
If someone can't afford draws with biners on both ends does that mean that they can't climb on endless wall.
This is my opinion and I submitted it because this thread upset me and I also care about the new.
This really was like high school all over again. Let's tell on someone.
This should have been saved for the nrac meeting.
Lee

banjobob

Oct 18, 2006, 8:18 PM
Post #57 of 60 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lee,

i happen to know quite a bit about the New. I have taken the time to learn the ropes, ethics, history, what is acceptable and not acceptable in the Gorge for over 14 years. i was around when many of these debates were first hitting the scene. chopping someones bolts has never been acceptable here. I've witnessed the drama of JT for years now and the guy is the new's and his worst enemy. where has JT been for all the cleanups, trail days etc. he was out there all right, climbing routes while we fixed the trail that he frequents more than anyone else. you are right on one point, the new does not need another sheriff that's why his "vigilante sheriffing" needs to be put in check. my point is if your gonna "sheriff" others, hold yourself to the same standards. for instance don't add a middle anchor in a trad route and then the next day chop two bolts on a sport route near a crack. what I'm tired of is the river of double standards that flow through the gorge. if you have an opinion even if it is different from mine or someone else GREAT!!
but stick to your position don't waffle or redraw the line when it's good for you or your situation. if he doesn't want bolts near cracks or whatever then chop them all. go chop Legacy, Apollo Reed, they've all been done trad. if his convictions were strong enough to chop the bolts at summersville or he wanted to make a statement fine but why does his position change? because if he chops those routes the wrath of god would be upon him and he knows it. he stirs the @#&$ just enough but waffles on the home stretch. the actions that resemble high school are those of JT. This is not an NRAC issue they are not the police either. the problem is ours as a community.. local or not. you re right we don't need Barney Fife with his one bullet, we just need standards whatever they are to be held.

take care,

Banjo Bob Out 8^)

circa86

Dec 21, 2011, 3:54 PM
Post #58 of 60 (1827 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dbrayack] I want to Pull Fixed Draws at NRG? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thats to bad. I'm not comfortable placing gear yet and was hoping to get some sport in this upcoming summer. I'm driving a long way...about 12 hours. is it worth the trip anymore?

jakedatc

Dec 21, 2011, 4:52 PM
Post #59 of 60 (1812 views)
Shortcut

Re: [circa86] I want to Pull Fixed Draws at NRG? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

circa86 wrote:
Thats to bad. I'm not comfortable placing gear yet and was hoping to get some sport in this upcoming summer. I'm driving a long way...about 12 hours. is it worth the trip anymore?

5 year bump.. well done. Crazy

Partner j_ung

Dec 21, 2011, 5:01 PM
Post #60 of 60 (1810 views)
Shortcut

Re: [circa86] I want to Pull Fixed Draws at NRG? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

circa86 wrote:

Of course it is! This is a five-year-old thread about project draws on one sport route. There are hundreds (thousands?) of sport climbs here, with more every year. And we're better than the Red. Come on!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook