Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

tradmanclimbs

Oct 30, 2006, 2:33 PM
Post #151 of 176 (18011 views)
Shortcut

Re: Alert Kidnapped Rockclimbers At Big Rock, Perris, Califo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I must be missing something here? What is racist about calling a mexican bandit with a gun pointed at you Illeagle?? Would it be racist to be held up by a white trash meth head or a punk gangbanger? If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. Screw the PC police. I am not calling a duck a fedraly protected migratory waterfowl :roll: Its a freaking DUCK for christ sake and when someone pulls a gun on you they are a scumbag not a socially economicly challenged person of mexican decent with anger management issues WTF :roll:

deleted
Deleted

Oct 30, 2006, 3:20 PM
Post #152 of 176 (2551 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote:5f4a492bc3="tradmanclimbs"]I must be missing something here? What is racist about calling a mexican bandit with a gun pointed at you Illeagle?? Would it be racist to be held up by a white trash meth head or a punk gangbanger? If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. Screw the PC police. I am not calling a duck a fedraly protected migratory waterfowl :roll: Its a freaking DUCK for christ sake and when someone pulls a gun on you they are a scumbag not a socially economicly challenged person of mexican decent with anger management issues WTF :roll:[/quote:5f4a492bc3]

Wish I could give trophies today...............

dynoho

Oct 30, 2006, 4:29 PM
Post #153 of 176 (18011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
What is racist about calling a mexican bandit with a gun pointed at you Illeagle??

The part where you assumed that the apparent Latino was Mexican.

I believe the OP would have been more precise to have stated that he thought the person was a disheveled, Illegal Alien from Mexico. No racism involved there.

In reply to:
What the F@#***k kind of question is " How close are you from the border" If it were a black man would you be asking how close is big rock from Africa???

Perhaps; if the U.S. bordered Africa and an estimated 12 million entered the country illegally from Africa.

Not far from Big Rock, you can find signs like the following along the freeway. I don’t think the OP’s first impression was terribly unreasonable.

http://i13.tinypic.com/2my7xqq.jpg

-Jeff

tradmanclimbs

Oct 30, 2006, 5:23 PM
Post #154 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bullshit!! You are close to the mexican border and that is a logical assumption with no racist intentions. It is just comon sense :roll:

dynoho

Oct 30, 2006, 5:47 PM
Post #155 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
s---!! You are close to the mexican border and that is a logical assumption with no racist intentions. It is just comon sense

I think we agree in part. My point was that 20% of illegal aliens from Mexico (aka Mexican Illegal Aliens) are not of Mexican descent. Some are from Central and South America. I have stated that there was nothing racist about the OP's first post, but then you didn't exactly quote him.

IMO, it does not matter if you are Black, White, Brown, Yellow or Green. When you cross the boarder from Mexico through a tunnel, in the trunk or by climbing a fence, you are an Illegal Mexican Alien.

-Jeff

devils_advocate

Oct 30, 2006, 6:42 PM
Post #156 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
IMO, it does not matter if you are Black, White, Brown, Yellow or Green. When you cross the boarder from Mexico through a tunnel, in the trunk or by climbing a fence, you are an Illegal Mexican Alien.

I have a serious problem with that. If you're green, or any part of you is, I could care less what you're labeled, stay the hell out of the States. We'll set up a nice remote island for you to live on. Not to be prejudice, but that sh!t sounds contagious and we have enough nasty STD floating around these days.

fmd

Oct 30, 2006, 6:48 PM
Post #157 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I have a serious problem with that. If you're green, or any part of you is, I could care less what you're labeled, stay the hell out of the States. We'll set up a nice remote island for you to live on. Not to be prejudice, but that sh!t sounds contagious and we have enough nasty STD floating around these days.

See, there you go again dude....maybe the green guy is a alien. They have rights too and deserve not to be profiled, slandered and made fun of. Pffttt, some people. No tolerance and diversity.......... 8^)

devils_advocate

Oct 30, 2006, 7:02 PM
Post #158 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

fmd again brings up a good point and shows me the error of my ways. My appologies. I will restate what I intended to say earlier by clarifying: if you're entirely green, come on over Alien compadre (would that make them an illegal alien Alien?). If only part of you is green either one of your Alien parents has a thing for humans, or you have some funky disease that I would prefer you do not spread to me, or any female that I may someday have relations with. Thank you.

dptaylor

Oct 30, 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #159 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

OK, I clearly need to set the record straight for the benefit of those who don't know me personally.

1) I rather enjoy arguing/debating on the internet and if someone (like the OP in this thread) calls me an "idiot" as he/she did, they can expect me to respond in kind.

2) I was fairly sure that the OP in this thread was a troll because the story sounded fairly implausible to me. Many details were lacking and the OP was new here and also posting anonymously. I am still not completely convinced that this "kidnapping" story is real, but if it turns out to be so, I do apologize for making fun of the public service that this individual was trying to communicate to the climbing public. My only critique then would be that he/she could possibly have done a better job in being believable.

3) Any reader of this thread will see that the OP became hostile when challenged--reinforcing my belief that he/she was indeed a troll. My comment that the kidnapper should have "pulled the trigger" was again based on the belief that the OP was full of s--- and making this entire story up. This comment was certainly not meant to be taken literally, as I would never wish any sort of actual physical harm to another person. That would not be cool.

Curt

As a newcomer to the site, I appreciate the apology here. That said I enjoy a good debate as much as the next guy, but there are ways to debate while maintaining a level of maturity and civility. Oh yeah, one more thing: don't critique grammar unless you use it correctly yourself.

Hey, here's another thought--don't post your opinions on a climbing website unless you actually know something about climbing. I hope the grammar I have employed here meets up to your high standards.

Curt

Alright, I submit to your superior skills in senselessly bashing those who you have never actually spoken with. Now, I understand I made myself a target of your mindless insults by suggesting an intelligent way to debate and maintain credibility, a lesson you seem to have missed, but please explain one thing: How does one so skilled in ascertaining knowledge of an individual's climbing prowess, simply by reading posts on the Internet, manage show so much grace to those of us who are so ignorant? Thank you for putting me in my place, oh great Curt of RC.com, I am not worthy.

dptaylor

Oct 31, 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #160 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the correction; I deserved it. lol. I was looking at the Post and couldn't decide weather I wanted to put in the commas or not, but hey, I cant be perfect all the time right? lol. Thanks for all the good points, I respect your approach to all this mess. And, I will say, it's nice to be put down by someone with a little wit. :lol:

cragnfrag

Nov 1, 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #161 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Weren't we promised a scanned police report in November?

No flames intended... and, I hate to break up the kiss-and-make-up status of the thread... but with some degree of skepticism I would like to see some proof.

tradmanclimbs

Nov 2, 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #162 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I read the news for perris CA. there was a murder, kidnapping arson or carjacking on every page. I couldn't find this incident although JT512 said that he found it in a diferent paper. judgeing by the sheer volume of violent episodes in the few pages that i read i have no doubt that they got mugged.

jt512

Nov 2, 2006, 1:27 AM
Post #163 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I read the news for perris CA. there was a murder, kidnapping arson or carjacking on every page. I couldn't find this incident although JT512 said that he found it in a diferent paper. judgeing by the sheer volume of violent episodes in the few pages that i read i have no doubt that they got mugged.

I didn't say that, actually.

tradmanclimbs

Nov 2, 2006, 3:26 PM
Post #164 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry jay. I must have misunderstood you. I stated that I did not find the stoy in the Perris news and you said thats because it was in a diferent paper. I forget the name of other papaer?? I took that to mean that you had seen the story??

paganmonkeyboy

Nov 3, 2006, 5:02 AM
Post #165 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Weren't we promised a scanned police report in November?

No flames intended... and, I hate to break up the kiss-and-make-up status of the thread... but with some degree of skepticism I would like to see some proof.

I think Giles intends to post as soon as he gets a chance. Benefit of the doubt til, say,Nov 10th maybe ? ;)

-Tom

flygiles

Nov 4, 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #166 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Re: Alert Kidnapped Rockclimbers At Big Rock, Perris [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello

I visited Perris Valley polic station today to obtain my copy of the Kidnapping Incident report.

I'm not sure how to post the scanned image works with regards to the forum here...I have scanned the mage to a JPEG and saved it in "My documents"...is there any way to download it directly to this forum???

I have submitted my scan to the "Photos" section of this website, I recieved this message.

"You have 1 photos pending review by a photo editor. We try to review all photos within 24 hours of being submitted. If you wish to review them, they are under the 'My Pending' tab"

hopefully this is correct...if anyone can check to verify this or give me the "way to do" I would greatly appreciate.

P.s. I have "Blacked out" my Friend and my personal details for security on the internet

I hope this finally puts rest the story.

Blue skies
G

curt

Nov 4, 2006, 1:05 AM
Post #167 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

OK, I clearly need to set the record straight for the benefit of those who don't know me personally.

1) I rather enjoy arguing/debating on the internet and if someone (like the OP in this thread) calls me an "idiot" as he/she did, they can expect me to respond in kind.

2) I was fairly sure that the OP in this thread was a troll because the story sounded fairly implausible to me. Many details were lacking and the OP was new here and also posting anonymously. I am still not completely convinced that this "kidnapping" story is real, but if it turns out to be so, I do apologize for making fun of the public service that this individual was trying to communicate to the climbing public. My only critique then would be that he/she could possibly have done a better job in being believable.

3) Any reader of this thread will see that the OP became hostile when challenged--reinforcing my belief that he/she was indeed a troll. My comment that the kidnapper should have "pulled the trigger" was again based on the belief that the OP was full of s--- and making this entire story up. This comment was certainly not meant to be taken literally, as I would never wish any sort of actual physical harm to another person. That would not be cool.

Curt

As a newcomer to the site, I appreciate the apology here. That said I enjoy a good debate as much as the next guy, but there are ways to debate while maintaining a level of maturity and civility. Oh yeah, one more thing: don't critique grammar unless you use it correctly yourself.

Hey, here's another thought--don't post your opinions on a climbing website unless you actually know something about climbing. I hope the grammar I have employed here meets up to your high standards.

Curt

Alright, I submit to your superior skills in senselessly bashing those who you have never actually spoken with. Now, I understand I made myself a target of your mindless insults by suggesting an intelligent way to debate and maintain credibility, a lesson you seem to have missed, but please explain one thing: How does one so skilled in ascertaining knowledge of an individual's climbing prowess, simply by reading posts on the Internet, manage show so much grace to those of us who are so ignorant? Thank you for putting me in my place, oh great Curt of RC.com, I am not worthy.

I think our little dialog here represents the epitome of intelligent discourse. After all, in the final analysis, we are in agreement. :lol:

Curt

climbsomething

Nov 4, 2006, 2:11 AM
Post #168 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Re: Alert Kidnapped Rockclimbers At Big Rock, Perris [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=80198
I approved it as a larger file size, which we don't usually do for non-action photos, but it needed to be legible.

And yes folks, that's a real police report.

But if you could rotate it, that'd be helpful.

flygiles

Nov 4, 2006, 2:31 AM
Post #169 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thankyou for approving photo so quickly
I've put a new rotated image into my photos to make report easier to read
Blue skies
G

jt512

Nov 4, 2006, 4:16 AM
Post #170 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Sorry jay. I must have misunderstood you. I stated that I did not find the stoy in the Perris news and you said thats because it was in a diferent paper. I forget the name of other papaer?? I took that to mean that you had seen the story??

You must have misunderstood me. I was not aware that it was published in any paper, though I never seriously doubted that the incident occurred.

Jay

jt512

Nov 4, 2006, 6:57 AM
Post #171 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, I've gotten weird turds before, but this one really baffles me. Would the FUCKING COWARDLY MORON who turded my last post kindly come forward and explain his actions, so I can explain to him clearly why he is dumber than a fucking rock.

Jay

flygiles

Nov 4, 2006, 2:25 PM
Post #172 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

D'oooooooh
The picture of report has disappeared???
I posted new pcture (right way up!),but it was deleted from my photos???can't seem to get it to downlaod properly I get message "Unable to save your original file to disk. It is possible that the server's disk is temporarily full."
will post it again when either problem is fixed or someone tellsme what I,m doing wrong???
Blue skies
G

flygiles

Nov 6, 2006, 1:28 AM
Post #173 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

FINALLY!!!.........if you want to see proof...go to routes section (California) Riverside-big rock (6 of 18 photos found; click here to List All Photos for this Area)
GF

lofstromc

Nov 6, 2006, 2:48 AM
Post #174 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Talk about beating a dead horse!!
Dude, why do you care what a bunch of keyboard jockeys (me included)
think.
You got kidnapped, but now your fine...glad to hear it.
Yeahhh!!!
Don't make me "kill file" you.

flygiles

Nov 6, 2006, 3:20 AM
Post #175 of 176 (18015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I really do care you about you bunch of keyboard jockeys...

This thread has been an waste of time to many...my first and last post...I,d rather spend my time outdoors rock-climbing in the evenings with a headlamp than sitting by my laptop proving a point...if just one person is saved the experience we had at Big rock then the effort will have been worth it.

see ya

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook