Forums: Community: Campground:
It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

loricatfish

Dec 2, 2006, 1:46 AM
Post #1 of 97 (1800 views)
Shortcut

It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!!
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've never posted before, but I'm mad. First of all I've met lots of cool people on this site, both men and women. I am not a feminatzi man hater. That being said...I started talking to this guy on this site, he contacted me. We talked about climbing and life. It was very nice...then he started talking about dominant women grabbing his ass. I am a climber, here for climbing related discussions. Was that necessary? NO!!!! If I wanted to talk dirty, I'd go to other sites for that. I want to talk about climbing. So, that being said, if anyone ever wants to have climbing conversations...I'd love that. Anyone who wants to get their virtual dick sucked or ass slapped go somewhere else!

lisamariewillbe

Dec 2, 2006, 1:53 AM
Post #2 of 97 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Re: [loricatfish] It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
NO!!!! If I wanted to talk dirty, I'd go to other sites for that. I want to talk about climbing. So, that being said, if anyone ever wants to have climbing conversations...I'd love that. Anyone who wants to get their virtual dick sucked or ass slapped go somewhere else!

wooooo thats hot, I love when a woman gets all bad ass.... Unimpressed

loricatfish

Dec 2, 2006, 2:00 AM
Post #3 of 97 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd give him a virtual bitch slap, but he'd probably like it.

hangerlessbolt

Dec 2, 2006, 2:06 AM
Post #4 of 97 (1773 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

welcome to the world weird web

with that said, if you feel you're being harassed, report it to the admins of this site

-RB

Partner macherry

Dec 2, 2006, 2:08 AM
Post #5 of 97 (1768 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hangerlessbolt] It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

as Robert said, harassment of rockclimbing.com members will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with another user please contact a moderator or an administrator.

reno

Dec 2, 2006, 2:11 AM
Post #6 of 97 (1764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You're welcome to send me a private message and tell me who this user was.

I'll be happy to climb the corner post and drop kick his ass outta here.

Sexual harassment is NOT allowed. If you feel you've been harassed, please let us know.

Partner the_mitt

Dec 2, 2006, 2:24 AM
Post #7 of 97 (1754 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:

Sexual harassment is NOT allowed. If you feel you've been harassed, please let us know.

Here is a prime example of what I was talking about with over moderation or moderation going unchecked. How do you know this was valid case of Sexual harassment without speaking to both sides? Maybe this was just a misunderstanding of mixed signals. I'm not implying anything on the complaintants part because I don't know. But why make a statement like above without just saying "please send me a pm so I can investigate?" I to believe that there is no place for harassment but I am also for a fair investigation and fair action without bias prior to speaking with both sides. The statement above makes it look like you already have your mind made up, lets march the guilty bastard in and hang'em....hang'em high.

Mitt

loricatfish

Dec 2, 2006, 2:27 AM
Post #8 of 97 (1753 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I told him to leave me alone and he hasn't contacted me since. I'll let you know if he does. I'm more angry that someone tried to pervert something that means so much to me. Just because you're anonymous and can say anything you want doesn't mean you should.

fenix83

Dec 2, 2006, 2:34 AM
Post #9 of 97 (1747 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_mitt] It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the_mitt wrote:
reno wrote:

Here is a prime example of what I was talking about with over moderation or moderation going unchecked. How do you know this was valid case of Sexual harassment without speaking to both sides? Maybe this was just a misunderstanding of mixed signals. I'm not implying anything on the complaintants part because I don't know. But why make a statement like above without just saying "please send me a pm so I can investigate?" I to believe that there is no place for harassment but I am also for a fair investigation and fair action without bias prior to speaking with both sides. The statement above makes it look like you already have your mind made up, lets march the guilty bastard in and hang'em....hang'em high.

Mitt

Mitt, although I agree with the gist of your post, I think your bias against the staff in general has colored your response. You have had plenty of interactions with reno and I think you should know by now that he is extremely level headed, respectful and fair.

If reno's wording gave a different impresion, let me clarify:

Harrasment is taken very seriously, there is absolutely no room for it on this website. Because of the seriousness of the issue I can assure you a fair investigation will be carried out and all relevant parties will be consulted.

-F

curt

Dec 2, 2006, 2:41 AM
Post #10 of 97 (1744 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_mitt wrote:
reno wrote:

Mitt

It's fairly obvious that, in spite of the incessant blather otherwise, mods are now just waiting to pounce on site users. Perhaps that's how they win their gold stars from the new management. I doubt they will let facts get in the way of their new mission.

Curt

loricatfish

Dec 2, 2006, 2:48 AM
Post #11 of 97 (1737 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fenix83] It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I appreciate the responses. As I said before I told him to leave me alone and so far he has. If he doesn't then I will take further actions. I just hope any other people lurking in the shadows will read this and think twice before imposing their inappropriate fantacies on me or any other women. And to be clear, there is nothing wrong with flirting, but that's not what it was.

climbsomething

Dec 2, 2006, 2:51 AM
Post #12 of 97 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, reno strikes me as chivalrous, so I think his post was worded in such a way that just showed that protective guy reaction. He did add "if you feel you've been harrassed..." so I don't think he's going to convict this guy without seeing evidence.

I don't think any of the mods would.

reno

Dec 2, 2006, 2:51 AM
Post #13 of 97 (1732 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_mitt wrote:
reno wrote:

So it's safe to say you missed the humor in the "climb the corner post" part?

And also missed the part where I said "Let me know who this is" and "If you feel you've been harassed..."??

But I do want to thank you, Mitt, for reminding me that we shoudn't be so quick to judge people. That's something I've forgotten the past few days. ;)

reno

Dec 2, 2006, 2:54 AM
Post #14 of 97 (1724 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

loricatfish wrote:
I appreciate the responses. As I said before I told him to leave me alone and so far he has. If he doesn't then I will take further actions. I just hope any other people lurking in the shadows will read this and think twice before imposing their inappropriate fantacies on me or any other women. And to be clear, there is nothing wrong with flirting, but that's not what it was.

Fair enough. Just know that the staff is ALWAYS willing to look into the matter to see what harm, if any, has been done.

I'll also apologize that a select few have decided to take your thread and concerns and turn it into their own pulpit to make up false allegations. Wish I could say it won't happen again, but.....

Partner macherry

Dec 2, 2006, 3:00 AM
Post #15 of 97 (1718 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

take off your tinfoil hats folks, no conspiracy theory here! We've always had a no sexual harassment policy at rc.com, long before the new owners came on board.

Partner philbox

Dec 2, 2006, 3:11 AM
Post #16 of 97 (1710 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
take off your tinfoil hats folks, no conspiracy theory here! We've always had a no sexual harassment policy at rc.com, long before the new owners came on board.

True dat.

carabiner96

Dec 2, 2006, 3:16 AM
Post #17 of 97 (1706 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've also recieved several PM's from random guys who are all like "i saw ur profile pic ur cute we should meet up sumtime."

First of all, I think I at least deserve the respect that comes from actually spelling out "ur" words.

Secondly, were I looking for men, I would go elsewhere, not RC.com. So what if i have a crush on an RC.com boy? I'll never act on it, or pm him "OMG ur such a cutie we should like lol have babies! TTYL!"

f*ckbags.

fenix83

Dec 2, 2006, 3:20 AM
Post #18 of 97 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
I've also recieved several PM's from random guys who are all like "i saw ur profile pic ur cute we should meet up sumtime."

First of all, I think I at least deserve the respect that comes from actually spelling out "ur" words.

Secondly, were I looking for men, I would go elsewhere, not RC.com. So what if i have a crush on an RC.com boy? I'll never act on it, or pm him "OMG ur such a cutie we should like lol have babies! TTYL!"

f*ckbags.

Hey, no fair lumping us all in the same bag! I know online dating is lame, especially if "ur" going to be hit on like that, but you shouldn't hold the fact that we post here against us!

Remember RC does have its romantic success stories.

-F

carabiner96

Dec 2, 2006, 3:22 AM
Post #19 of 97 (1699 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fenix83] It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, if someone here made a real effort to go out to climb with me, spend time with me - sure, I'd fall for an RC.com boy.

However, starting out with a (and I quote) "damn girl, I'll belay you cause i wanna watch that" isn't the way to make a good first impression.

loricatfish

Dec 2, 2006, 3:24 AM
Post #20 of 97 (1698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wasn't angry about someone PMing me to say they thought I was cute. That I can handle. Like I said I can handle flirting. But when someone tells you they want to be dominated and spanked (without provocation), it goes past flirting.

fenix83

Dec 2, 2006, 3:28 AM
Post #21 of 97 (1696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Ok, if someone here made a real effort to go out to climb with me, spend time with me - sure, I'd fall for an RC.com boy.

However, starting out with a (and I quote) "damn girl, I'll belay you cause i wanna watch that" isn't the way to make a good first impression.

Hey, that sounds like a bad way to start something even in real life!!

-F

wjca

Dec 2, 2006, 3:22 PM
Post #22 of 97 (1649 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You sound hott!!

lisamariewillbe

Dec 2, 2006, 3:25 PM
Post #23 of 97 (1647 views)
Shortcut

Re: It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Im sorry I dont see what was sent to her to be sexual harrassement. She and another person of the opposite sex started talking, they had many things in common, and talked about everything from rocks, to life. He goes with the flow and brings up something of sexual nature, she freaks and tells him not to contact her again. So he hasnt since then. Wheres the harrassement? Wheres the "he did something wrong" This is just like the real world. If someone in a bar asks you out and you say no, do you stand at a mic and shout to everyone what a pervert this person is? I think this is a blantent attack on the man who started a friendship, felt a connection on a different level and went in to try to see if there was more to you and him. Hes on this site and you are posting this? He left you alone after you asked him to , so why come post this? To rub it in his face.... I find it funny that people can think they can get to know someone on a site like this and be shocked when approached.

The sexual harrassement card is played to often. I sexually harrass people all the time, and they love it Laugh

*disclaimer- sorry for being serious, Ill go back to my dusting....Angelic

carabiner96

Dec 2, 2006, 4:24 PM
Post #24 of 97 (1637 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lisamariewillbe] It's Rockclimbing.com, not rockhard.com!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not saying it's sexual harrassment, it's just real fricken annoying. Crazy

lisamariewillbe

Dec 2, 2006, 5:04 PM
Post #25 of 97 (1631 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea it can be, plus your a total hottie, so I am sure you recieve more then the avg girl on a forum. You are in an extreme sport that has few women, and your hot, you will get hit on, take it as flattery. Hell if I were a climber dude, Id be offering to belay for you anydayTongue You will be the subject of many desires and if I played for our team Id be annoying you too LaughTongue

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook