Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

sentinel

Dec 18, 2006, 8:08 PM
Post #1 of 126 (9164 views)
Shortcut

WARNING - FISH will not fill orders
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

SOB will take your order but will not fill your order. I've got a buddy who is still waiting for his fly - 4 months later - and all he gets from FISH is bullshit excuses. But what really sucks is he continues to post on the internet and climb in Joshua Tree ON HIS SO CALLED "CUSTOMERS" MONEY. Funny thing is that he just doesn't care.

Hey Russ - quit being such a fuc*stick and fill the order that YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR!

Heads up - You'll be getting a knock on your door very soon. Money, or the fly. You choose. There is another option that we'll exercise depending on your how you choose to fill this order.

(This post was edited by sentinel on Dec 18, 2006, 8:11 PM)

Partner angry

Dec 18, 2006, 8:45 PM
Post #2 of 126 (9087 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sentinel] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sentinel wrote:
SOB will take your order but will not fill your order. I've got a buddy who is still waiting for his fly - 4 months later - and all he gets from FISH is bullshit excuses. But what really sucks is he continues to post on the internet and climb in Joshua Tree ON HIS SO CALLED "CUSTOMERS" MONEY. Funny thing is that he just doesn't care.

Hey Russ - quit being such a fuc*stick and fill the order that YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR!

Heads up - You'll be getting a knock on your door very soon. Money, or the fly. You choose. There is another option that we'll exercise depending on your how you choose to fill this order.

This isn't go to be pretty

moof

Dec 18, 2006, 9:31 PM
Post #3 of 126 (8831 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*Sigh*

Russ ain't known for his expediency, but he was always very good about keeping me up to date and making sure his schedule didn't impact mine.

If I recall correctly he didn't bill my card until it was time to ship. I remember it posted on my account and I got an email from him the next day saying my pile-o-gear had shipped. Maybe you paid with a check?

russwalling

Dec 18, 2006, 9:33 PM
Post #4 of 126 (8827 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It is great you are standing up for your buddy..... but between the hate mail you send directly (thanks for that by the way) and this childish diatribe, it makes me wonder just what your angle is? You guys dating or something?

There is nothing I would like more than to have a bunch of flys ready to go to fill orders. Do you think I just sit on completed stuff so I can take shit from the likes of you? The flys are a problem. Ask BD, ask Metolius, ask us. They will go as soon as they are ready. It is an important piece of the ledge puzzle and sending out a quickie fly just to keep your panties out of your crack is not something I would do.

Funny thing is I do care, and there are things larger than your "friends" fly that happen here.

Side note: Money or the fly is completely up to your friend. Your friend is welcome to return his ledge if that is what he wants. A small bit of advice is I don't do threats real lightly. If you want to exercise your other "options" be prepared to bring it. You may get on the porch, but you certainly ain't walking off of it.

markc

Dec 18, 2006, 9:54 PM
Post #5 of 126 (8690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sentinel wrote:

Wow, threats on the internet. That never gets old, eh? I guess it's handy to have some documentation. As has been said, Russ is known for great products, if not blinding production speeds. If your friend didn't know, I'd guess he was about the only one.

sentinel

Dec 18, 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #6 of 126 (8635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [russwalling] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

More bullshit excuses. Just look at this thread. You could be sewing away. It's not a complicated piece to build out. I just spoke with BD and they said your statement is not true.

In reply to:
The flys are a problem. Ask BD, ask Metolius, ask us.

So quit pissin in the wind and telling us it's raining!

In reply to:
there are things larger than your "friends" fly that happen here.

Yea - you climbing with his money and posting on climbing forums. ASS!

How about you fill the fucking order and get off the internet.......

And these other options are not violent - assholes. There are much more productive ways to get a pound of perverable flesh.Smile

(This post was edited by sentinel on Dec 18, 2006, 10:08 PM)

billcoe_

Dec 18, 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #7 of 126 (8592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sentinel wrote:

How about you fill the fucking order and get off the internet.......

And these other options are not violent - assholes. There are much more productive ways to get a pound of perverable flesh.Smile

How is it your buddy can't ask himself?

BTW, I only bought 1 thing from Fish/Russ and it got to me just as promised and fast. (Must have had it in stock).

russwalling

Dec 18, 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #8 of 126 (8554 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yawn.... have your husband send his ledge back. I'm not that interested in making the fly any more. You can tell him your sugary personality did the trick. I'm sure he wil be pleased.

Then again... who is your husband? I have tons of guys waiting on flys. You can hide out behind a fake name, but the other guy that you are ranting for will need to supply some info.

sentinel

Dec 18, 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #9 of 126 (8485 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yawn.... have your husband send his ledge back. I'm not that interested in making the fly any more. You can tell him your sugary personality did the trick. I'm sure he wil be pleased.

You fucking waste! WTF! Ya know we already expected you to respond like this - So he is prepared (He lives off Evergreen Road - Try and find it in your vast data base of customers. Or should I say suckers). And you expect us to trust you'll actually return his money. BULLSHIT!!!!!! I mean for fuck sake, someone pays you for a product and YOU get to choose if the order gets filled or not. Your business model is bullshit and if anyone is interested in purchasing this assbags products let this be a warning. I don't give a shit if Mr Balling is selling water in hell, if he can't deliver; he's of no use.

And BillCoe - He has been asking Mr Balling for his product for 4 months now. Did you not read the orginal post.

(This post was edited by sentinel on Dec 18, 2006, 10:29 PM)

russwalling

Dec 18, 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #10 of 126 (8433 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Love the "we" in there.

Have your husband return the ledge. Money will follow. I'll let you break the news to him. I'm not kidding. Satisfied?

oldfart

Dec 18, 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #11 of 126 (8416 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sentinel wrote:
There are much more productive ways to get a pound of perverable flesh.Smile

Sometimes, when I don't know a word, I just spell it like it sounds. It works great!

Good luck with the fly. Be sure to get a good eturnie.

sentinel

Dec 18, 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #12 of 126 (8349 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The "WE" I talk about is the climbing consumer who thinks he'll get his or her orders filled in a timely manner.

I can't believe you're gonna to fall on your own sword because I hurt your feelings. Waaaaaaa Waaaaa Boo hooo. Grow up asshole you have this customers hard earned money. Money that was NOT intented to sponser your climbing trips and parties.

All you did was prove a point. NEVER ORDER from FISH - Unless you are in good with him. The "husband" will be calling you soon to have you send the money first. Cause your integrity sucks.

(This post was edited by sentinel on Dec 18, 2006, 10:57 PM)

climbsomething

Dec 18, 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #13 of 126 (8328 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*munches popcorn, slurps mega Icee*

russwalling

Dec 18, 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #14 of 126 (8301 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hardly falling on a sword. I just don't deal with loudmouth anonymous assholes. Too bad your "friend" has you as one.
Happy Holidays!

reno

Dec 18, 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #15 of 126 (8290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sentinel: Chill a bit. You've got a grievance, and a right to bring up that grievance, but you do NOT have the right to fill these forums with hate-filled vitrol.

Russ: Same. You've been called to the table, and you have a right to defend yourself. But again, do it with a bit more diplomacy.

fenix83

Dec 18, 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #16 of 126 (8280 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Please remember to keep this civil. Whatever issues you might want to discuss, personal attacks and insults have no place here.

-F

bandycoot

Dec 18, 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #17 of 126 (8280 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sentinel wrote:
The "WE" I talk about is the climbing consumer who thinks he'll get his or her orders filled in a timely manner.

I can't believe you're gonna to fall on your own sword because I hurt your feelings. Waaaaaaa Waaaaa Boo hooo. Grow up asshole you have this customers hard earned money. Money that was NOT intented to sponser your climbing trips and parties.

All you did was prove a point. NEVER ORDER from FISH - Unless you are in good with him. The "husband" will be calling you soon to have you send the money first. Cause your integrity sucks.

"We" = the climbing community eh? I've never seen anyone else complain about him and I've surfed the boards way too much. As for integrity, you whined and threatened, and he offered to pay your friend back if he returned the product. Sounds pretty standup. Small business, specialty goods, delays are expected, man. I remember when offset aliens were hard to get ahold of. Stop complaining behind an anonymous name and have your friend deal with the situation if he/she cares that much.

summerprophet

Dec 18, 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #18 of 126 (8272 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbsomething] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Goota love the energy between Sentinal and Russ.

One, a high stress city dweller, screaming, spit flying out of his mouth ranting, whoi has been sooo terribly wronged by life.

Ex. "You SUCK Man, how can you do this to me, you deserve to DIE"

And Russ, the typical crusty desert climber. Kind, polite, and could really care less about your problems.

jumpingrock

Dec 18, 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #19 of 126 (8238 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sentinal] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude do you come on every 4 years or so just to stir up shit?

(This post was edited by jumpingrock on Dec 18, 2006, 11:13 PM)

sentinel

Dec 18, 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #20 of 126 (8194 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jumpingrock] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Russ just make the transaction happen. Either send Nick the money or the Fly.

Tell us which it'll be, so the sucker who'll order in the future will know how to act accordingly.

Nick is to nice of a person and you've taken advantage of that kindness, that's why I've stepped in. I really don't care what you think of my posting - hence the reason for posting "every 4 yrs"- only when something needs to be addressed and or discussed.

Anyone who has contributed over 5000 posts needs there medication refilled.

Done

chouca

Dec 18, 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #21 of 126 (8061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sentinel,

Fish is not only a legendary climbing figure, but he runs a good business, with solid gear at a good price. If your going to air a grievance publicly, do it with some level of class.

Hand crafted products take longer than big box retailers, but even they run out of inventory. It can take "weeks" sometimes. Not everything is available the moment you want it.

Every time I placed an order at Fish, he let me know on the front end that there may be a wait, and I canceled my order if I was in a rush.

Marc

(This post was edited by chouca on Dec 18, 2006, 11:47 PM)

roy_hinkley_jr

Dec 18, 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #22 of 126 (8049 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The funny part...the more Sentinel whines like a pathetic four year old, the more advertising he gives for one of the best companies in the climbing market. Anyone who isn't a complete newbie knows that Fish Gear rocks but you may have to wait for best deals on big wall gear. So now Sentinel has screwed his friend, probably not the first time eh, who will have to pay many times more for a ledge from Metolius or BD.

rockitjeff

Dec 18, 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #23 of 126 (8009 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chouca] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you "Mods" are waaaay too quick on the "tone it down" button.

what - the slightest hint of a threat is enough incur liability on your part?

So when Sentigal get's clocked on the Fish porch and sues everybody in sight, he'll include rc.zzzzz because you allowed the verbal blood to fly here?

pg13 is milktoast. i want hard "r" internet bitch-fests

(This post was edited by rockitjeff on Dec 18, 2006, 11:55 PM)

fenix83

Dec 19, 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #24 of 126 (7972 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockitjeff] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rockitjeff wrote:

You'll have to go somewhere else to get them.

No attempt was made to censor or curb anyones opinions, we simply requested they be voices in a civil and respectful manner.

-F

reno

Dec 19, 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #25 of 126 (7946 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockitjeff] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rockitjeff wrote:
you "Mods" are waaaay too quick on the "tone it down" button.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

In reply to:
what - the slightest hint of a threat is enough incur liability on your part?

Actually, yes. Hasn't been brought to court in the US... yet?... but it has elsewhere.

In reply to:
So when Sentigal get's clocked on the Fish porch and sues everybody in sight, he'll include rc.zzzzz because you allowed the verbal blood to fly here?

Look, let's be reasonable here. Nobody said what you are saying. We're simply asking that folks take up their issues with a bit of maturity. Maybe that's too much to ask, but we don't think so.

In reply to:

1. It's milquetoast.
2. If you want "hard 'r' internet," there are forums that provide it.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook