Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

devils_advocate

Dec 19, 2006, 12:11 AM
Post #26 of 126 (3776 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roy_hinkley_jr] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

roy_hinkley_jr wrote:
The funny part...the more Sentinel whines like a pathetic four year old, the more advertising he gives for one of the best companies in the climbing market.

I can't speak of the company, don’t aid, and didn’t know about them before today. But thanks to this thread I’ve spent the last hour thoroughly amused reading some of the shorts posted on that site under “bedtime stories”. The 3 part series on the 62’ Olds is hilarious. Now the whole site is bookmarked – I’ll probably never stray much past the stories part, but it’s good advertising none the less. Yer a good writer Russ.

socalclimber

Dec 19, 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #27 of 126 (3762 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockitjeff] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow this anonymous semen'al guy is a real bitch. I wonder what his husband thinks? I know Russ, he has always served me well. Russ is a stand-up guy. Anyone in the know understands that it takes time for Russ to get some of his products to customers. I've never heard of Russ screwing anyone.

Maybe semen'al swallows too much.... I KNOW WHAT IT IS, IT'S "THAT" TIME OF THE MONTH FOR HIM.

This guy really is a ball less coward. Careful Russ, he might spit on you and give you an STD!

What a pussy.

By the way, i'm not an anonymous coward.

Robert Fonda
Joshua Tree

(This post was edited by socalclimber on Dec 19, 2006, 12:31 AM)

shockabuku

Dec 19, 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #28 of 126 (3761 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
Nobody said what you are saying.

????

mojede

Dec 19, 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #29 of 126 (3753 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree with Reno--this should and can be concluded in a civil and business-like manner. I understand where Russ is coming from, I have a good friend who used to mini-manufacture for the outddor crowd and was definitely a slacker/climber first. Bottomline--this is a business transaction and if Russ cannot expediently deal with customer problems/relations then he should delegate or hire someone else to do it for him so he can concentrate on R&D and climbing.

(This post was edited by mojede on Dec 19, 2006, 12:20 AM)

marckylove

Dec 19, 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #30 of 126 (3753 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockitjeff] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree with Jeff -- reading those posts was really entertaining. I also learned a lot in the process. For instance, most people are backing up FISH. It makes sense what people are saying about specialty companies needing extra time and not being able to have all products on hand. Sounds like Sentinel really fucked his buddy, but maybe his buddy doesn't care. If I were Russ, I honestly wouldn't have responded to Sentinels ravings.. but for my sake, I'm glad that he did. Keep ranting, people, it's fun to read!!

And for the record, I went to the FISH website because I was planning on buying a ledge before my next visit to Yosemite. Not only was I sold on FISH products after perusing their websites, but this thread also taught me that I need to order a couple months ahead of time. Sentinel, thank you bringing all of this information to light. You are responsible for sending business to FISH!! Good work!!
--Marc

(This post was edited by marckylove on Dec 19, 2006, 1:42 AM)

devils_advocate

Dec 19, 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #31 of 126 (3727 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marckylove] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

marckylove wrote:
Sounds like Sentinel really fucked his buddy, but maybe his buddy doesn't care.

Maybe his buddy prefers to just be a "catcher" not a "pitcher". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

reno

Dec 19, 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #32 of 126 (3716 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
reno wrote:
Nobody said what you are saying.

????

Yeah, I didn't word that very well, did I?

Well, fuck... it made sense to me when I was typing it... that should count for something, right? Blush

"Nobody has said what you claim they said."

Better? Mea culpa, man.

billcoe_

Dec 19, 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #33 of 126 (3712 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roy_hinkley_jr] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

roy_hinkley_jr wrote:
The funny part...the more Sentinel whines like a pathetic four year old, the more advertising he gives for one of the best companies in the climbing market. Anyone who isn't a complete newbie knows that Fish Gear rocks but you may have to wait for best deals on big wall gear. So now Sentinel has screwed his friend, probably not the first time eh, who will have to pay many times more for a ledge from Metolius or BD.

Yeah, I clicked the link Fish put on earlier and remembered that he's got kick assed packs, haulbags and expedition luggage very reasonable. I think I'd better buy one now and support Russ's climbing habit.

http://www.fishproducts.com/pics/swamishank.jpeg

How do ya do a picture anyway?

dingus

Dec 19, 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #34 of 126 (3705 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marckylove] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This site is turning more prozac every day. Next they'll ban CAPITAL LETTERS as (too harsh).

DMT

luckypink

Dec 19, 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #35 of 126 (3686 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sentinel this is for you... mostly its info for teens, but you can use it.

http://www.stopcyberbullying.org/index2.html

reno

Dec 19, 2006, 12:32 AM
Post #36 of 126 (3681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
This site is turning more prozac every day. Next they'll ban CAPITAL LETTERS as (too harsh).

DMT

YEAH! Hell of an idea!

And next we'll feel free to edit people's posts, route submissions, even their goddamned cuss words!

I mean, the moderators are all volunteer which of course adds insult to injury when they DO censor someone's post. I mean, who the 'ell are they, eh? I wouldn't let some of those people edit my dog sh#t, knowwhatImean?

DMT, you're fast losing much respect from many people. Don't know if you care, but thought I'd let you know. We ask that people treat other people (like Russ) with a measure of respect. You don't seem to feel that way. Pity.

karlbaba

Dec 19, 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #37 of 126 (3660 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whatever happens, don't make Fish kill you, cause he'll take forever to do it and then he'll sit on the body til it really stinks before he ships it off to the next of kin!

:-)

Sorry things didn't work out

Karl

dingus

Dec 19, 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #38 of 126 (3658 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
DMT, you're fast losing much respect from many people.

Name em.

DMT

(This post was edited by dingus on Dec 19, 2006, 12:38 AM)

majid_sabet

Dec 19, 2006, 12:40 AM
Post #39 of 126 (3648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sentinel] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I can just imagine the next people's court show on TV where two rock climbers are answering to judge and the whole audiences are from Rock And ICE, Climbing Magazine, full gang from Supertopo and every one else from RC.

Partner philbox

Dec 19, 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #40 of 126 (3586 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:

DMT

dingus receives fuscia tarpit for posting too many capital letters. There that will learn ya, you now can't post for 30 seconds. Harsh eh.

One more for stating that FISH gear rocks. Meh, so it takes a while to get some of it. I'm still waiting for my Alien tester but do you see me crying. When it gets done it gets done. If you want Wall Mart consumerism then fine, go to Wall Mart and buy your damn fly.

socalclimber

Dec 19, 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #41 of 126 (3582 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So where is sperm burp? Did his husband make him take a timeout???

ja1484

Dec 19, 2006, 1:04 AM
Post #42 of 126 (3551 views)
Shortcut

Re: [socalclimber] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Funniest thread ever?

Very possibly.

tradhog

Dec 19, 2006, 1:36 AM
Post #43 of 126 (3453 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ja1484] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

After reading sentinels past posts, it is obvious that he is an asshole. Threats are common from him and shittalking is all he does. I appreciate the fact that fish will get on here and mix it up live with what appears to be some kind of total jerk. Many companies never post even though they read all the forums and let all sorts of bad press just ride out the threads with them too scared to respond. I've always got great service from fish, and the products are inexpensive and crazy bomber. What is sad is that sentinel just cost his friend about 500bucks by being a dik. Now he will have to buy a really expensive ledge. bummer for him but I understand why fish is giving them a big "fuk you". Tongue

hummerchine

Dec 19, 2006, 2:03 AM
Post #44 of 126 (3372 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tradhog] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoa, this is like on of the most exciting threads ever! Way enjoyed it, just had to point out that Russ Walling RULES, he makes the most unique and cool gear on the planet. AND he is the last person out there who is going to rip someone off. So the spraymaster who started this thread is so far out there is blows my mind...but does make for good entertainment!

petsfed

Dec 19, 2006, 2:08 AM
Post #45 of 126 (3357 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For what its worth, the first mention of a problem was today (12/18/06). Sentinel demanded (twice) that his friend recieve a refund. However, these things are not instantaneous. Furthermore, at least according to the Fish catalog, there are no flies for sale that do not come with ledges. Ergo, his friend has already recieved the ledge. Thus, Russ is being quite reasonable for asking that the ledge be sent back before he issues a refund. Unless sentinel is just trying to gig him out of some money under the guise of being an acerbic customer.

So, the reasonable thing here is that if sentinel's friend wants a refund, HE (not sentinel) should take it up with Russ. There needs to be reciepts involved. If the friend cannot prove (separate from Russ's own records) that he ever purchased said fly and ledge, and subsequently send in the ledge, then no money should be exchanged. I can't go into an REI and demand a refund for an item I purchased (like if it was missing a piece, as the case is here), if I won't turn in the item in question.

Second, Russ is right. I've watched with considerable interest the saga of Metolius trying to get their flies built. It wasn't until the last two years that you could get them, but they've been "on the market - next season" since 2001. BD has had similar issues, but they've had flies available for longer.

brutusofwyde

Dec 19, 2006, 2:12 AM
Post #46 of 126 (3342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
dingus wrote:

DMT

YEAH! Hell of an idea!

And next we'll feel free to edit people's posts, route submissions, even their goddamned cuss words!

I mean, the moderators are all volunteer which of course adds insult to injury when they DO censor someone's post. I mean, who the 'ell are they, eh? I wouldn't let some of those people edit my dog sh#t, knowwhatImean?

DMT, you're fast losing much respect from many people. Don't know if you care, but thought I'd let you know. We ask that people treat other people (like Russ) with a measure of respect. You don't seem to feel that way. Pity.

Sorry you seem to take that so personally, Reno. After all, Prozac (generic fluoxetine) has it's (sic) place.

One more vote here for KILLER fish gear at great prices. And no, I'm not one of Fish's "buds" or part of his "in-crowd", just a satisfied customer.

Brutus

P.S. "Sentinel" -- Con sitter that spill Czech wont protect ewe from homonyms. Still, eh use full tool.

socalclimber

Dec 19, 2006, 2:21 AM
Post #47 of 126 (3321 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brutusofwyde] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"P.S. "Sentinel" -- Con sitter that spill Czech wont protect ewe from homonyms. Still, eh use full tool. "

Now that's funny! This whole thread is one of the better I've seen in a while.

Partner blazesod

Dec 19, 2006, 2:28 AM
Post #48 of 126 (3305 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sentinel wrote:
<snip>
Heads up - You'll be getting a knock on your door very soon. Money, or the fly. You choose. <snip>

You challenge him and he accepts, you question his word and he offers you a refund. As to 'falling on his sword,' there is a time and place for those words... offering you a refund is hardly the same thing.

Russ (FISH Products), has conducted himself as a professional and more tactfully than most folks would. I haven't bought anything from them, but I may in the no-so-distant future.

Cheers,
Dave :)

ahwoo

Dec 19, 2006, 2:29 AM
Post #49 of 126 (3300 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ja1484] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah. people being "e-tough" is always funny. never quite gotten the concept though.

sentinel: i can understand your friend being frustrated, but why are YOU so angry? name calling will get you nowhere. if your friend has a grievance, then THEY should be voicing their opinion, not you. nowhere have you indicated that your friend has previously asked for the money back. so why make claims of "the money, the fly, or else..."? and "warnings" that start off with "SOB" don't really carry too much weight with most people. i don't see a warning at all. instead, all i see is a bunch of ranting and raving from what i can only presume to be some little high school "tough guy" whose "friend" would not take proper actions to remedy the situation. of course, we don't know if they really tried because there is very little (if any actually) content to your post spaced between all of the cursing and threats.

socalclimber

Dec 19, 2006, 2:40 AM
Post #50 of 126 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ahwoo] WARNING - FISH will not fill orders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yo! Semen'al stain. Where are you? I guess Daddy, oops, I mean hubby, rein you in.

Have you lost your Internet Privs????? Might I suggest your Daddy, oops, I mean hubby, try parental controls on your Internet Access?

We won't be hearing from him/her again, short of some useless, ball less explaination of his/her stance.

{EDIT} his/her is really just a moniker for COWARD!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook