Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

devils_advocate

Jan 19, 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #76 of 86 (1614 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbsomething] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

climbsomething wrote:
j_ung wrote:
The entire southwest is far too full of itself. Tongue
You'd be cranky too, if the best crag in your immediate area was JTree LaughCool

Ok, that made up for all of your previous "worthless drivel" I believe I called it. I'll give credit where credit is due... and that was funny.

climbsomething

Jan 19, 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #77 of 86 (1586 views)
Shortcut

Re: [raymondjeffrey] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

raymondjeffrey wrote:
What 'd I miss?
Hi Jefro!

Hi Debbil's Advocate!

soulsurfer

Jan 20, 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #78 of 86 (1546 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbsomething] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just wished I was able to still climb so I can partake in all this fun rousing of each other.

Now I just change diapers and say 'No don't touch that'!

Dumby domes or over-hanging choss, someone come and baby sit for me and I will happily climb either and you can make fun of me between hangdog sessionsWink

marckylove

Jan 20, 2007, 3:31 AM
Post #79 of 86 (1506 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devils_advocate] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
climbsomething wrote:
Wait for death... heh. Some people don't have to wait long there, unfortunately.

Trad climbers are so easy to troll. People playfully bag on "their" area and they come out swinging and spraying like somebody called their mother a slut. I've been to JTree several times, and would like to go a couple times this season. I almost always go for the social aspect, however. I simply don't care for the style of climbing (unless we're on tips/finger cracks). The movement is unappealing, the rock quality is hit and miss, and yes, the protection is unnecessarily lacking for somebody reared on solid bolts in cleaned up rock (not all climbing is required to be runout, but if you prefer the headgame, that's cool. I don't). I figured out 5 years ago that it's "not my bag" the same way New Jack or Charleston or Shelf likely isn't the "bag" of people who really dig "the tree." But I don't feel the need to ACTUALLY make it personal. It's like getting genuinely upset at somebody who prefers herbal tea to black coffee.

Do you actually read the threads or do you just blindly support whatever Jay says? You’re his little yes man. You’re like that little dog in the Tom and Jerry cartoons that follows the big bulldog around agreeing with whatever he says: “What are we going to do today Spike? Huh Spike? That was funny Spike. You’re so smart Spike. We gonna teach that cat a lesson today Spike?”

This is a Trad forum and Jay posted a rather obvious troll about JTree. What do you expect? On top of that, nobody really took the bait, nor got upset. I’m not sure what thread you were reading. Someone said it’s a beautiful place. Another said “fine, don’t go... one less person to stand behind at Crossroads”. Curt tossed in a one liner or two and we called it a thread. What’s the big deal.

Is there any point to your post? It seems like worthless drivel where you’re trying to make a point but forgot what it is. So you don’t like the style of climbing there, nobody cares. As you said “the protection is unnecessarily lacking for somebody reared on solid bolts”... well no shit, it’s not sport climbing. I don’t know how you claim unnecessarily lacking, most of JTree is trad and traditionally bolted slab climbs. You want sport climbing, go to a sport climbing venue. Don’t get pissed at grasshopper because he can’t make honey, he’s not a fucking bee.

I don't think Devil Advocate's middle paragraph jives with the other two. Dude says people are getting upset and spews a bitter rant himself in surrounding paragraphs.

Of course it's always easy to misinterpret the written word.

bvb

Jan 20, 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #80 of 86 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marckylove] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi guys!

just givin' a big 'ol bvb american legend shout out to all my niggaz and niggetz is chossland!

WE MUST HAVE MORE CHOSS!1!!!1!

tripperjm

Jan 22, 2007, 8:55 PM
Post #81 of 86 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iamthewallress] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You know all these kissing noises and reach arounds on this thread are starting to give me the creeps. If I wanted a pat on the ass, I'd be playing football or some other gay sport!

iamthewallress wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
At this time of the year, the cool kids are climbing at the Surf Bowl or Tonsai

I've noticed that over a certain age, the image-conscious do well to hang with the has-beens as opposed to the kewl kids.

Yea, you're probibily right.... I suppose I should quit climbing steep routes. Move out to Josh, pack on about 40 pounds, park it on the couch and trade my manhood for a 12 pack, like most of the guys my age around here did. ..... but I guess I'd rather be dead than live like that. So no thanks. Besides, now adays some of the "kewl kids" are chicks with a daddy thing going on, and they certainly don't go for old guys that can't climb "decent".

HAHA!

curt wrote:
Go to that chosspile near Barstow"

Curt

I guess you've missed my previous postings on the subject.... so I summarize. NJC is a trashy, choss pile in the middle of nowhere. The only thing this place has going for it is, it is steeper than all the other local choss piles and it's free.... Well that and it's not Josh.

murf wrote:
Did I say "decent"? I meant a docent climber.

My mistake... I didn't know you wanted the "I don't want to try very hard" B list.

In reply to:
I swear one of these days I'll go sport climbing!

- Murf

OK murf, here's the pep talk part.... If you are not going to the 15 routes on the list you snipped, you're just wasting your time at Josh. And time is not something you have enough of, to waste. You'll be in the decline in just a few short years and if you don't step it up now, you mine as well starting lookng for a place in Josh and a comfortable couch. My best advice is to get off the slabs and on to steep rock and never look back. Practice on the local choss piles, go to the Motherload and the Minimum wall this spring, you'll have a blast. Head out to Rifle this summer and if you can even remember that Josh still exists, work on the snipped list.

Oh yea.... Please send all my hate mail to jt512, my secretary is on vacation and my inbox is full.

curt

Jan 24, 2007, 7:05 AM
Post #82 of 86 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
curt wrote:
Go to that chosspile near Barstow"

Curt

I guess you've missed my previous postings on the subject.... so I summarize. NJC is a trashy, choss pile in the middle of nowhere. The only thing this place has going for it is, it is steeper than all the other local choss piles and it's free.... Well that and it's not Josh.

Hey, I've already got plenty of desert choss to boulder on here--with moves as hard as anything you've got at NJC, I bet. If you don't believe me, come on over.

Curt

Partner artm

Jan 24, 2007, 4:54 PM
Post #83 of 86 (1192 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Hey, I've already got plenty of desert choss to boulder on here--with moves as hard as anything you've got at NJC, I bet. If you don't believe me, come on over.

Curt
I don't believe you.
Memorial day weekend, Flagstaff.......prove it.

curt

Jan 26, 2007, 5:05 AM
Post #84 of 86 (1113 views)
Shortcut

Re: [artm] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

artm wrote:
curt wrote:

Curt
I don't believe you.

I have to prove it to you again? Sounds like fun though--count me in.

Curt

Partner artm

Jan 26, 2007, 8:31 PM
Post #85 of 86 (1063 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
artm wrote:
curt wrote:

Curt
I don't believe you.

Curt
I was a shitty climber back then......I'm still a shitty climber but I'm stronger now.
Besides if memory serves, Bob D sent everything in sight and you stood aroun uh I mean spotted him.

(This post was edited by artm on Jan 26, 2007, 8:32 PM)

curt

Jan 28, 2007, 7:09 PM
Post #86 of 86 (1017 views)
Shortcut

Re: [artm] The truth about Joshua Tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

artm wrote:
curt wrote:
artm wrote:
curt wrote:

Curt
I don't believe you.

Curt
I was a shitty climber back then......I'm still a shitty climber but I'm stronger now.
Besides if memory serves, Bob D sent everything in sight and you stood aroun uh I mean spotted him.

Jesus, Art--your memory isn't any better than your bouldering. How much did Bob pay you to post that?

Curt

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook