Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Right Mudball - Right Lieback/Undercling Rating
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

joshua.toenyes

Jan 11, 2009, 3:53 AM
Post #1 of 6 (3085 views)
Shortcut

Right Mudball - Right Lieback/Undercling Rating  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Diego_County: Santee_Boulders)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The Right Lieback/Undercling problem on Right Mudball is rated as 5.10c, is that rating for only using the arete to ascend to the first undercling hold? Or is the middle handhold for the 5.10a climb just to the left of Right Lieback fair-game?

What is the consensus???

-Josh

HIGHER_CLIMBER

Jan 22, 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #2 of 6 (3053 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joshua.toenyes] Right Mudball - Right Lieback/Undercling Rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you're supposed to use the arete only. the hold in the middle for the 'dyno' is definitely off, you can use the undercling towards the top if you have to. feels weird searching for a hold without the undercling.

Edited to add: lets go climbing man. i get down to santee once every week or so.

(This post was edited by HIGHER_CLIMBER on Jan 22, 2009, 3:24 AM)

joshua.toenyes

Jan 23, 2009, 4:58 AM
Post #3 of 6 (3026 views)
Shortcut

Re: [HIGHER_CLIMBER] Right Mudball - Right Lieback/Undercling Rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I nailed it without the middle hold. Considerably easier using the dyno hold! I haven't hit the .11 variation yet, maybe this weekend. Me and my climbing buddies are out at Santee or Woodson at least three or four times a week, I'll PM you my info if you want to meet up sometime.

-Josh

illusiondweller

Apr 20, 2009, 5:19 AM
Post #4 of 6 (2932 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joshua.toenyes] Right Mudball - Right Lieback/Undercling Rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Back in the day, eliminating the left hand undercling at the top of the lieback (yes, feels awkward, but that's the crux) and reaching right to the fat undercling, ups the ante to 5.10d / 5.11. Using that left hand undercling and reaching over the top to a finishing sloper is another mind game to say the least!

(This post was edited by illusiondweller on Aug 31, 2009, 5:01 PM)

trenchdigger

Aug 31, 2009, 2:58 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2756 views)
Shortcut

Re: [illusiondweller] Right Mudball - Right Lieback/Undercling Rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

illusiondweller wrote:
Using that left hand undercling and reaching over the top to a finishing sloper is another mind game to say the least!

A mind game, most definitley! Surprisingly, not really any harder.

illusiondweller

Aug 31, 2009, 5:12 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2737 views)
Shortcut

Re: [trenchdigger] Right Mudball - Right Lieback/Undercling Rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Adam, check your tradmonkey email. Hey, fyi, I changed the overhang on Buttplug back to 5.10d where it should have been. U can update your rating to bring the consensus back up if u want.
If u haven't already, check out new videos under username digitsdelight on YouTube!
Gary

(This post was edited by illusiondweller on Aug 31, 2009, 5:27 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook