Forums: Climbing Information: Trip Reports:
Yosemite...just back...here's the current gossip!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

simzboardr

May 31, 2003, 1:11 PM
Post #26 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Re: Yosemite...just back...here's the current gossip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

you shoulda rigged up a big sling shot and changed his name to PeltedPitonPete... after you railed him with it

jhump

Jun 2, 2003, 5:37 PM
Post #27 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was there too. I met noone that has ever appeared in a mag and have no gossip. I did hear about some guy out on the New Jersey Turnpike. I really didn't pay this much attention because I was in California. Did you guys ever notice how big the walls are there?

tradmanclimbs

Jun 2, 2003, 7:02 PM
Post #28 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I been climbing about 20 years now and I aint no stinking big shot like flamer with a bunch of famous friends but I have noticed that every now and then somebody will drop somthing and If you are hanging out at the base of multi pitch climbs that is the risk you take. I even drop somthing myself ocasionaly. I'm sure flamer never has though, he sounds a bit too perfect to be that human. :roll:

karlbaba

Jun 2, 2003, 7:49 PM
Post #29 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Everybody drops stuff, at least on rare incidents. PTPP gets more than the usual grief when he does it because he started a whole thread about how dropping gear is lame.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12049&start=0

Here's an excerpt:

In reply to:
Part of your worth as a wall climber is to end up on the summit with more gear than when you started, not less.

There is never ever a legitimate excuse for either dropping gear, or not being able to retrieve it when you clean.

If you believe the above paragraph to be true, then it is people like you who were put on this world to benefit people like me.

Why did you drop that piece of gear? Did you get scared? Did you get lazy? Haven't you ever heard of a tether, for cryin' out loud?

If you are something of a butterfingers, then maybe you ought to consider taking zero shortcuts, and keeping your gear connected to yourself at all times so you never drop it.

Pete dishes it out and Pete has to take it. Hopefully folks know that a good portion of it is tongue in cheek.

flamer

Jun 3, 2003, 12:01 AM
Post #30 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Karl,
Yup! That's pretty much how I feel about it!
Tradman,
I'm FAR from a big shot,and FAR from actually "knowing" (meeting is not knowing) any of these guys!
I do agree that if you climb(I was climbing not just "hanging out") at the base of big walls you might get stuff dropped on you.
I just think it's funny that it was the "canadian assasin". What Karl said just about sums it up.
I just figured I'd steal the thunder(for "hot Flash's") about all the "happenings" in the valley.
I just hope everybody has a much fun in the valley as I did!
josh

catra

Jun 3, 2003, 1:15 AM
Post #31 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Josh-

It was great meeting you.....Glad you were able to hang out for lunch with Yen and myself....Next time you're around let me know...I will give you a pair of Montrail's!!!!

I will be back in the Valley Wed.. to train......

Yen let me know if you're around..

Catra

wonderbread

Jun 3, 2003, 4:21 AM
Post #32 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Flamer, next time you're up on a wall let us know so we can start a thread bashing you.

tradmanclimbs

Jun 3, 2003, 4:38 AM
Post #33 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well flamer, If pete is running his mouth on the site and then acting the gumbi on the cliff, I guess it's his turn to eat the crow 8) Flame on :D

flamer

Jun 3, 2003, 6:37 PM
Post #34 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey wonder,
Are you sure you're reading the right thread? This was not intended to be a Pete bashing thread! What I said concerning Pete is true. I simply relayed my experiences (and a few cool tidbits) from the the valley. If other people want to bash him then so be it...course there are plenty of threads dedicated to just that thing....
Hi Catra! Had a great time talking with you! Hope the rest of your summer is good.
Catra is one of the few people on this site who know where the FLAMER name comes from...and it has nothing to do with"flaming" people online...
josh

wonderbread

Jun 3, 2003, 9:19 PM
Post #35 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep Flamer, I'm pretty sure I'm reading the right thread. This is the one where over half your posts have something to do with Pete(None positive). Go back and read over it.

Let's say I run into you next time in the Valley and come back and post here that "I saw Flamer on the easiest El Cap route, what a gumby and a name dropper, the Valley locals have taken to calling him the Wall Caterpillar." What I said was true, I simple relayed my experiences. If other people want to pick up on this and start bashing you then so be it.

Just let us know the next time you're on a wall so we can get some good cheap shots in too.

Partner philbox

Jun 3, 2003, 9:23 PM
Post #36 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Flamer this sounds like a challenge. So how about we start a guessing game for how flamer got his name. I`ll go first, hmmm, lemme see now. Ooh, oohh, pick me sir, I think I know. does your name relate to you doing tricks like blowing great gouts of flame out of your mouth like they do at the circus. Or do you light your farts? Enquiring minds would like to know.

...Phil...

climbhigher

Jun 3, 2003, 9:29 PM
Post #37 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Catra, This is Chris. We talked in the Camp 4 parking about your cazy running, a little bit. How's the running with that big lump of plastic around your arm??? I just joined the HURT list. I turned my ankle in Camp 4 and fucked up a ligament. Heading to the beach outside of Santa Cruz. See back in the Valley in 2 weeks. Cheers.

climbhigher

Jun 3, 2003, 9:31 PM
Post #38 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I heard a rumor that Pete is currying wood in his haul bag so he can have a little fire on some ledge up there. HOW retarded!!!!! if it's true. What a great way to fuck up El Cap.

alpinestylist

Jun 3, 2003, 9:39 PM
Post #39 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If history serves we have PLENTY O time to schmack talk PTPP before he returns to the ground.

Flamer...it must be because you are flamboyantly gay? Just joking amigo, I'm down with the Fahrenheit 451.

Someone quoted PTPP lipping off about dropping stuff in detail. I just wish I knew a better way to slag him. Everybody drops stuff...but if you set yourself upto fall, be prepared to take the ride.

I;m not climbing much and enjoy the ditch slander.
keep it coming

tradmanclimbs

Jun 4, 2003, 12:33 AM
Post #40 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea, slagging someone for dropping a hook is pretty weak . Give us some good dirt if you are going to have at it.

sandbag

Jun 4, 2003, 12:39 AM
Post #41 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Flamer = firefighter
in a former life i was a Operations Level Hazmat First responder, im not crazy enough to get into the tech level....that stuff will kill you.....
:lol:

flamer

Jun 4, 2003, 2:28 AM
Post #42 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well this is getting interesting!
Mr. Bread or can I call you wonder?
I took your advice, I went back and read the thread. And you are right there is some PTPP bashing going on here. HOWEVER! Most of it is not by me, and what is happen's to be the direct result of my free climbing getting cut short due to the fact that PTPP drop something on me. So guess what! I have a right to be pissed!
Now You are correct in you're statement about me climbing the easiest El cap route(well depending on your opinion of the NOSE). And I have no reason to say anything about it other than this...I had a wonderful time Climbing Lurking Fear with a great partner. oh and this...I climbed Elcap a couple of weeks ago, wonder what where you doing?
If people want to start a thread bashing me that's ok. Only thing is I haven't given them TONS of reason's to. I'm sure people could find something....but it wouldn't turn into the kind of bashing session that the anti-PTPP threads did. I have dropped stuff and might again in the future!
But I've never hit anybody!! And I've never written detailed threads telling other people they are gumbi's if they do. I also don't post all kind's of BS about how I'm the best and know the "better way". I don't care if he is up on a wall, he never defends himself anyway- he seems to like being bashed!
Hey tradman, You want something more than a hook ? How about the HAUL BAG he dropped of El cap last year?

Alpinestylist, I know you love this internet shmack talk! Hopefully we can keep you entertained in your time of boredom!!

Catra, did you say free shoes??? :D
You should have seen my D7's after leaning tower!

And finally to the Fun stuff....the reason behind the Flamer tag.
First off...I AM NOT A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL!! I have been known to have my way witht he occasional Mtn goat--But you'd have to ask MtnGEO about that- he taught me everything I know.
Sand bag is correct i am a Fireman, and it was firemen that gave me the flamer nickname. But it's not the actual reason.
Sandbag- who did you used to work for?
So any other guess's?Anybody who know's going to spill the beans??
this is getting really fun!
josh

Partner philbox

Jun 4, 2003, 2:41 AM
Post #43 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sir, sir, sir, oooh, ooh, can I have another guess at picking the reason for flamers nickname/online personality name. How about you`ve got red hair.

...Phil...

catra

Jun 4, 2003, 3:56 AM
Post #44 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Josh-

Yes I said free shoes...You wear the same size as me!!!!

I will tell my Montrail rep about the D7 and how they fell apart....

Chris- I remember you...I am running strong with the cast 81 miles in 6 days...I am back on track for Hardrock 100 next month...

Hey are you thinking about running HURT 100??????

We should run together when your back in the Valley....My goal is to get a bunch of dirt bag climbers to start running Ultras....I have 3 already..

Catra

wonderbread

Jun 4, 2003, 5:07 AM
Post #45 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Flamer-First off, congrats on doing LF. Although I was climbing something a few weeks ago, it wasn't the Captain, though I have been up a few routes on it, but I don't want to turn this into a wanker measuring contest. I am not pissed and I hope you aren't either, I see it as just having a little point/counterpoint discussion eh? Ergo...

You do have a right to be pissed, though only a tiny part of that pissyness should be directed at Pete. You were the one hanging out at the base(under a climbing team at that) which is a boneheaded move. Shit falls, you're lucky it was just a hook and merely a finger. Everyone knows that the base of EC is a dangerous place to be. And you have admittedly dropped things too, the fact that you have never hit anyone has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the lack of someone standing at the base under you.

Next point-Yes Pete may write in a condescending way at times, but he doesn't single someone out and bash them, especially by name. But, there seems to be a lot of Pete bashing going on here in the name of the anonymous that Pete makes fun of. Although it may be because I have done a number of walls, much of the "better way" info I've read has been quite valuable. I'm just getting a little tired of all the PTPP bashing that has been going on here as of late. Even if he does write with a lot of bombastic jingoism he has logged countless hours helping for free. I find his writing to be entertaining and he speaks from lots of experience, more than you and I combined.

Lastly, more than half of your posts have mentioned Pete, and once again not one of them said something positive. I find the "Canadian Assasin" to be atleast somewhat deragatory. Maybe it's just me, but I'm just not a fan of saying negative things about someone, especially when they can't respond. Whether he chooses to respond or not is his decision, not yours, so you are doing a lot of talking behind his back. Not cool.

addiroids

Jun 4, 2003, 5:22 AM
Post #46 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Settle down people. Geez.

Chris (climbheigher): Glad to hear you are still on the road. I had fun hanging out with you in Zion. Did you ever finish that new route by Swoop Gimp??? Hopefully we can hook up some time this summer. Early-mid August open for you for a Needles, Cal Dome, Eastern Sierras road trip, possibly Squamish??

Catra: You know how all good boxers have trainers that ride by them as they run (at least the ones in movies). You should talk to Chongo about maybe joining you on his bike. That would be 4 DB's. So do you coun't Ammon? I bet you could get Dean Potter and all the other El Cap - Half Dome linkup stars involved too. Great job on the running, and keep it up. Maybe I will meet you in October in the Valley. Tell Ammon I said hi.

Take care all and climb for yourself, not so you can slander someone else.

TRADitionally yours,

Cali Dirtbag

kevlar

Jun 4, 2003, 7:19 AM
Post #47 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

HEY flamer.... I hear PTPP will drop shorts for a " hottie" are you hot enough for the DR.

I am sure he can put out your fire...if your boy can't

hey all in fun...couldn't resist.. :oops:

cheers

flamer

Jun 4, 2003, 4:43 PM
Post #48 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Philbox, Great guess!! But Nope my hairs are not red.
Wonderbread, No worries, there's no hating going on here.
I kind'a figured you were a PTPP fan and that was the reason you were so pissed. I'm not going to go on about my opinion on him.
If you read back you will notice that I have said, numerous times, that I realise climbing at the base of El Cap might mean things could fall on you. I'm not saying I was completly innocent. And I have made some deragotory remarks concerning Pete...
CATRA!!! You rule!! I wish those D7's hadn't fallen apart, they would be the best approach shoes ever! Glad to hear the cast isn't slowing you down!
Kevlar,
Yeah baby!! I'm not sure pete could handle me...he's just such a wee little man!!
josh

tcollins

Jun 4, 2003, 4:54 PM
Post #49 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My guess is he once lit himself on fire.

alpinestylist

Jun 4, 2003, 5:45 PM
Post #50 of 209 (40513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Flamer...you know its all love.

To everyone else...I personally choose to slag Pete because in my mind

STYLE MATTERS

or lack of style as teh case maybe.

you all entertain so well...please to keep it coming.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook