Forums: Climbing Partners: US - East Coast:
The MASS CLIMBERS thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 911 Next page Last page  View All

robbovius

Aug 28, 2003, 11:33 AM
Post #1176 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Re: The MASS CLIMBERS thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yo Wed Night QQ mob!

had another great time at QQ, even though I only did three routes, once up the HARV flake, and 2X on the arette. Night climbing the arette to the top out was fantastic! what a thrill! it's amazing how light the quarries stay after dark. the glow from the city makes everything very comfortably visible, and once you eyes adjust there really no need for headlamps, as I found out, after my bulb burnt out about 1/4 of the way up the arette. ;-) what the hell is the name of that route anyway?

Chad, Mike, didn't we do the most amazing Boozeclimber posing on the wall? ;-) Mike check my profile for my e-mail, I definitely want to upload some of those pics to the Robbovius pic pages.

Seeker, I definitely wanna try Under the Big Top, but some time when it's not quite so late in the day.

Jason, excellent home brew dude. Yuliya, the peach cake was great, wish I had somenow for breakfast. ;-/

Jeremy, any chance you could make Lookout Rock thursday next week? how'd the 1st day of school go?

If the weather cooperates, Shane and I are going to try to make it back to QQ monday.

orangekyak

Aug 28, 2003, 2:19 PM
Post #1177 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rob,
thursday next week? definite maybe. first few days are going fine. good kids. I'm still going to be a bit of a lurker for the next few weeks as I get planned more than 24 hours ahead.
But I'm looking forward to the 6th and 13th for distraction, and hoping to make a late september or early oct weekend run to The Gunks. Anyone, and I mean anyone who owns a harness/shoes/ATC/locker blah blah blah, who wants to do some gunks climbing and camping and stuff, let me know. Willingness to do moderate (5.5-5.7) multipitch necessary (or climb with someone else :wink: )
I'm waiting for a friend to tell me what date he's coming over from Toronto, but if anyone wants to join the trip, speak up!
Jeremy

seeker

Aug 28, 2003, 4:23 PM
Post #1178 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Rob
thanks so much for that patient belay on Under the Big Top, i definitely owe you one. i'd like to try it again too, without using (ahem) alternate climbing techniques :wink: now that i know what's up there.
did you guys stay long enough to see mars rise?

Partner wideguy

Aug 28, 2003, 4:57 PM
Post #1179 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey there! Big hello's to the QQ crowd!!! Another nice night of climbing. Still can't make the third bulge on the Outside Route but I gave it a valiant effort as well as two runs up Layback and two up 5.4. Plus I nailed the balance approach on 5.4 which was nice.

Good food and company afterwards as well. We did see Mars rise, and with Rob's binoculars it looked ......like a streetlight from 300 yrds. Kinda unimpressive but hey we gave it a shot. The view of the city from the roof later was much more impressive.

So wher and when is there climbing this weekend. I gotta try and sneak some in.

robbovius

Aug 28, 2003, 11:10 PM
Post #1180 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Seeker, as Chad posted, yeah, we saw Mars rise, it was very bright (well, for mars anyway) and obviously red, but thru my 50x binocs still just looked like a really bright pinpoint.

I'm always willing to be patient on belay, want the karma to be good when it comes back ;-)

Wide, nothing definite yet, but shane and I are talking about CR sunday and possibly QQ monday. I'll know more by sat and will call your cel.

jakedatc

Aug 28, 2003, 11:43 PM
Post #1181 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey rob and chad

Steph and I and possibly Gilly will be there sunday at some point not sure when yet gotta consult with the traveling folks

gotta work in Flunked again and possibly convince steph to get up on Techno dweeeeeb

Jake

uasunflower

Aug 29, 2003, 12:51 PM
Post #1182 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,

Great climbing on Wed QQ outing, despite my lack of ability on any of the difficult routes. I was so disappointed with myself :evil: :evil: :evil: that decided to boulder more in order to improve my strenth/skill and wend again to QQ yesterday. After 30 min of hanging off Emily, my fingers became more dead than ever after climbing...is it true then that bouldering is the best thing to quickly improve technique/mussel strength, fingers etc.? It's so hard though...

Eoghan was there too as he got bored at home and did wonderful job climbing an 11.c - just under where we were "Boston-gazing" the other wednesday. A girl called Beth climbed it too showing some great moves, and after that i wend home being too ashamed of myself and too motivated again to learn more!

Going monday to QQ again, robb, that sounds so tempting... but i'll be at Martha's Vineyard camping for the w-end and am not sure when i'll be back on monday - what is your timeframe for that?

Next week's projects are thus: QQ monday/wednesday (Robb, can you make it on wednesday then?), Hammond tuesday, Lookout rock saturday - does that sound right?

have a nice w-end everyone

uasunflower

Aug 29, 2003, 12:52 PM
Post #1183 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

PS - Mike, where are those crazy pictures you took at QQ? Please send them to me on my email (see profile below) if you can!!! Thanks.

robbovius

Aug 30, 2003, 1:44 AM
Post #1184 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Julia, I am watching the weather and it's not looking good for climbing on monday, so i am making plans for the wed QQ outing as usual.
yes, saturday as Lookout is the plan. not sure wjhat else I am going to be able to get to that week, though I have the preliminary hearing for my divordce thursday and will be definitely looking for some head clearing that afternoon...that means CLIMBING HARD!!!!

julia, do not be so hard on yourself and your climbing ability so far. you defeintely have the determination and motivation to build your skills. Time and continued climbing are all you need. you do fine, and are game to try difficult routes. you are doing fine, just keep climbing. I know it's hard to be patient, ,but in a few months of steady climbing you'll see very significant improvements in your ability, as long as you keep at it.

I have been informed by my REI contact that if you are planning on attending the Adopt-a-Crag at Lookout on the 6th, contact REI (either framingham or reading_) and let themn knwo you are participating, REI is keeping track of numbers so thaey can gage attendance at the Adopt-a-Crag events.

yeah mike, where the hell are those pictures? ;-)

orangekyak

Aug 30, 2003, 2:59 AM
Post #1185 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

why don't we just have a sign-in and give REI a number at the end?

robbovius

Aug 30, 2003, 3:35 PM
Post #1186 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jer, that makes sense, I'll e-mail the REI folks and let them know we're going to do that.

skiorclimb

Aug 30, 2003, 10:10 PM
Post #1187 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

anyone for crow hill sunday?

jakedatc

Aug 30, 2003, 10:33 PM
Post #1188 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm at CR around noon with steph and whoever shows up as usual hehe

rob bring the gri gri.. i wanna take some hanging pics

Jake

dovaka

Aug 31, 2003, 3:40 AM
Post #1189 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the wife and i are going to bring a friend of ours that has never climbed to cr tomorrow and meet up with rob around noon ill see you all there

hmm hanging pics that sounds like some fun and i even have a gri gri hehe

robbovius

Aug 31, 2003, 3:31 PM
Post #1190 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yo!

will be headed to CR in about 30, see ya there!

*edit* 10:13 pm

hey Shane, I'll call ya soon about tomorrow.

hey Dave, Cathy, Steph, Jake, as always good to see & climb with you guys again dave thanks for the pro placement mentoring. jake sorry we couldn't work out the hanging photo ops.

Dovaka good to see ya again.

Suzen sent More Money on her second try (fourth or 5th time out on the rock! ;-) Woo Hoo!

robbovius

Sep 2, 2003, 2:13 PM
Post #1191 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey mike! where are those pics you took last wednesday ;-) I wanna se the maximum boozeclimber pics ;-)

last night I set up some new pic pages for the last couple times we went to QQ, but haven't uploaded them yet, if you can send me the pics you took I'll include those.

dunno about this wednesday, the weather isn't looking cooperative.

Yuliya! sorry we couldnt get together yesterday, but CR was much too wet. Haley did fine, she did not crash the car. ;-)

somebody else post now, I feel like I'm talking to myself.

uasunflower

Sep 2, 2003, 2:34 PM
Post #1192 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey robb, u're not talking to yourself, u're talking to the WHOLE BIG WORLD out there! (at least me...)

I finally wend bouldering to Hammond yesterday and it was fun. A guy Ryan showed me around the Alcove, maybe he'll join us in QQ. Really nice place to boulder - with an overhang, almost a perfect setting - and sure i wasn't able to do many routes :evil:

Ok, ok, i won't be hard on myself, at least not all the time :wink:

Yeah, weather looks bad, but i'm lucky so i'll still go to QQ even if it downpours tomorrow :lol:

I'd like to go either to Crow Hill or to College Rock this Sunday, if Lookout Rock does not take my energy away on Saturday, - anybody interested? Also, in two weeks, i'm planning to go to Cathedral Ledge, NH, with a couple of people for the w-end and try for Thin Air. However, i'd definitely need someone who wouldn't mind leading as my skills suck - so please help!

now let's pray for the rain to stop as i still want to go to Hammond tonight...

orangekyak

Sep 2, 2003, 5:06 PM
Post #1193 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Rob,
I'm gonna bag evening climbing this week. Moving into our new place in Framingham is taking more time/work than I hoped.

Although, if anyone wants to come over to help re-erect the bouldering cave, please let me know. Tools/experience not required (but helpful), and willingness to drink a couple beers and hang out in my basement helpful as well.

But I'm still in for Saturday. Rob, unless we have some being supplied by a sponsor or benefactor, we should tell people who are planning to attend to bring work gloves and a trash bag. And we can also tell them that it's still on even if it rains (I'll be there, anyway, won't you?).

Teaching is fun.

Later, jeremy

robbovius

Sep 2, 2003, 5:21 PM
Post #1194 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jer, yup it'll be on rain or shine...tonight I am going to go thru all the various e-mails I recieved from Rich and the REI folks and let everybody know what's cooking (as far as what they need to bring), I also have made some plans about where we need to do what... I called the parks dept contact ad let them know we are still on for saturday. I just got off the phone with the parks dept contact and he said he'd supply trashbags and see what he could do about gloves, so if folks want to pick up a pair of those brown $1.39 cloth work gloves that might not be a bad idea. I'll try to bring a few pairs along as well.

anyway, all, or, more, will be revealed tonight.

what night are you thinking about doing the B-cave work?

Partner wideguy

Sep 2, 2003, 5:56 PM
Post #1195 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jer I could maybe swing up a night and I've probably got any tool you need so put up a list. I have to check with my socila coordinator but I need to know when.

No climbing for me Wed. but I'll join you for the company if you guys go. I thrashed my arm in the batting cage last night. Typing hurts right now. Gotta rest up for the weekend. Weather looks crummy anyway.

berger

Sep 2, 2003, 7:50 PM
Post #1196 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yo QQ Crew

Been crazy busy with the long weekend! I'll send the pics over to Rob so he can post them up. If anyone wants a hi-res copy let me know and I'll email it direct. Let's hope the rain holds and we can get some climbing in this week.

lata
Berger

nurocks

Sep 2, 2003, 9:47 PM
Post #1197 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

On top of a potential rain out...General freaking Electric has me working in Kittery ME tomorrow! Nothing like 8 hours of work, and a 2 hour drive each way.

Regardless, I still want to go climbing tomorrow night. If it's not raining, but has rained earlier in the day, will anyone go to QQ? At that time of day it would be like 40 min. out of my way. And I would hate to get there and find the place empty. Chad, Rob or Yulia; if you guys are going, please gimme a call on my cell phone( I'll be on 95 so I will deff. have reception)

what else....OH yeah, Chad sorry to hear about you arm. Rob count me in for sat. clean up. Lastly,...MOO!

Hope to see somebody, tomorrow.

robbovius

Sep 2, 2003, 10:45 PM
Post #1198 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in for QQ tomorrow, for sure. Do we want to make the big production like last week or just climb? tomorrow is the preliminary hearing for my divorce, so I'd best stay a bit clear-headed...but maybe only a bit ;-). I'll probably set up on the arette (Outside Corner) again, since I just like the hell out of that route, unless somebody wants me to put my rope on something easier...not that I WILL, mind you ;-)

of course I just checked the weather and it very well might be raining at the time we want to climb, so if it's raining at 4 pm, I'm prolly gonna bag it. I will call around about that time. I'm going to leave the grill at home.

mike, you've got my e-mail from my profile, right?

orangekyak

Sep 2, 2003, 11:20 PM
Post #1199 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Rob and Chad,

Re: woody erection (hehehehe)

I'm thinking any night you guys wanna come over is good for me. Especially if it's raining, then you're not missing any climbing outdoors. The wall is going to take some reconfiguring since my new apartment offers a different type of space than my old one did. I have some designing to do. I have to pick up a cord for my new dryer that will be delivered this weekend, so home depot will be selling me more wood to make woody bigger and better ahahahahaa .

So whatever night works for you. Especially tomorrow night (if you get rained out from QQ). Actually, Thursday night is not good, because I have to make two tests for my vokie kids to fail on Friday. Otherwise, you suggest one.

Tools: power drill/screwdriver, rip saw (may or may not be necessary for cutting some plywood), beer. Am I forgetting anything, TD?

later,
Mr. Adams (my teacher name)

nurocks

Sep 3, 2003, 1:10 AM
Post #1200 of 22774 (523248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, Rob... skip the big production. Just cherish any time we may get to climb, we need not be distracted by the smell of propane or drunken poses on the crag. Ok maybe the drunken posing is ok...

See who ever is there,...there.

Thanks a lot

First page Previous page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 911 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook