bobd1953

Sep 25, 2004, 4:07 AM
Post #76 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Re: Would you hire this guy??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
So you're bringing your laptop down to the Black? Now that's a funny picture. You should get up on the stump with Mrs. Kerry. She was at CU today and some fecking Anonymous Cowards were disrespectful.

No laptop, just big walls, long cracks and... just a rope, a rack and the shirt on my back! It's the "Black" baby!

Curt more than likely send those Anonymous Cowards! He got a bunch of little trolls out there who are trying to swing the election! 8^)

timstich

Sep 25, 2004, 5:02 AM
Post #77 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
No laptop, just big walls, long cracks and... just a rope, a rack and the shirt on my back! It's the "Black" baby!

So there are no Wirelesses of Mass Distraction. Didn't think so.

In reply to:
Curt more than likely send those Anonymous Cowards! He got a bunch of little trolls out there who are trying to swing the election! 8^)

Curt and I were just sharing our mutual disgust with both idiots. It takes a lot of sacking up to argue for either one. Just wanted you all to appreciate that effort. VOTE FOR THE DUMBASS IN 2004. Works for both sides.

climber49er

Sep 26, 2004, 6:42 AM
Post #78 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To summarize this thread....

Bobd thinks Curt doesn't get it.

Curt thinks Bobd doesn't get it.

No need to read further folks.

curt

Sep 26, 2004, 8:20 AM
Post #79 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
To summarize this thread....

Bobd thinks Curt doesn't get it.

Curt thinks Bobd doesn't get it.

No need to read further folks.

That's what amazes me. Bob is a really smart guy and a great climber.........

and he still doesn't get it. Hahahahahahaha.

Curt

timstich

Sep 26, 2004, 2:06 PM
Post #80 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.coasterquest.com/duh.jpg

overit

Sep 28, 2004, 8:36 PM
Post #81 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[Curt and I were just sharing our mutual disgust with both idiots. It takes a lot of sacking up to argue for either one. Just wanted you all to appreciate that effort. VOTE FOR THE DUMBASS IN 2004. Works for both sides. ]

Vote Libertarian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

vivalargo

Sep 30, 2004, 2:05 AM
Post #82 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You know what strikes me about this post and all the Bush and Kerry bashing is that both men are in fact no better and no worse than most of us, but both guys had the sack to go for the summit, regardless of how they got their. Bush gets bashed for fudging his military record but how many of us have even flown a jet fighter. And Kerry is perhaps not the greatest battlefield champ but who amongst us has had those experiences of commanding a river cruiser and having to fight for your life.

Point is, hate them or love them, these are heavyweight dudes when you look at their lives and contrast them to our own, and I think many of us swimmking in a smally pond are in fact jealous at some level of big players simply because they have big flaws.

I don't like my own chances of doing any better than either guy at anything but crack climbing.

JL

bobd1953

Sep 30, 2004, 2:46 AM
Post #83 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Point is, hate them or love them, these are heavyweight dudes when you look at their lives and contrast them to our own, and I think many of us swimmking in a smally pond are in fact jealous at some level of big players simply because they have big flaws.

Speak for yourself. You might be a little jealous of Bush but not me. It's not about who swim in a big or small pond, it's how you affect those lives in the pond you are in. We all have flaws, big and small. Bush has yet to see the flaw in his actions of going to war and the lives it has affected. That truly a sad matter! I think I could out do both of them on face climbing, crack climbing and bouldering! :D Later, Bob D

reno

Sep 30, 2004, 3:27 AM
Post #84 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Speak for yourself. You might be a little jealous of Bush but not me. It's not about who swim in a big or small pond, it's how you affect those lives in the pond you are in. We all have flaws, big and small. Bush has yet to see the flaw in his actions of going to war and the lives it has affected. That truly a sad matter! I think I could out do both of them on face climbing, crack climbing and bouldering! :D Later, Bob D

You know, Bob... One would be inclined to think you would have been against us ever going into Europe to take care of Adolf and his band of cronies.

The world is a better place without Sadaam as the dictator of Iraq. Yes, it was costly. No, nobody likes to see people die. Still, the world is better off. If you can't see that, I weep for you.

I'm done with politics.

bumblie

Sep 30, 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #85 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Speak for yourself.... It's not about who swim in a big or small pond, it's how you affect those lives in the pond you are in. We all have flaws, big and small.

I agree. To say that Kerry and Bush are a cut above the average person is irrelevant. Considering that they are vying for (arguably) the most powerful job on the planet, they should both possess exceptionally strong traits. Among the heavy hitters, they should both be considered the best of the best. IMO, neither fits that bill.

timstich

Sep 30, 2004, 12:53 PM
Post #86 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="overit]
Vote Libertarian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I did in the last election, but really don't want to squander my meager vote this year. So it's Kerry. Bush had 4 years and that's quite enough. I'll no doubt vote against Kerry in 2008.

timstich

Sep 30, 2004, 12:58 PM
Post #87 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The world is a better place without Sadaam as the dictator of Iraq. Yes, it was costly. No, nobody likes to see people die. Still, the world is better off. If you can't see that, I weep for you.

Damn skippy. And I had a good friend who did a year tour there.

In reply to:
I'm done with politics.

You might not want to post that in the "I'm sick of politics so here's some more politics" thread Josh started. Heh.

bobd1953

Sep 30, 2004, 4:19 PM
Post #88 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You know, Bob... One would be inclined to think you would have been against us ever going into Europe to take care of Adolf and his band of cronies.

I'm done with politics.

That the problem, the world is not better off and you don't see it. You are grabbing straws on this issue and refuse to see that Bush make a huge mistake. Take the blinders off and don't always look at things through the eyes of a American!

timstich

Sep 30, 2004, 4:30 PM
Post #89 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Take the blinders off and don't always look at things through the eyes of a American!

So exactly what did the Iraqis lose when they lost Saddam? Patronage and graft from his regime? No more amputated hands from stealing? Can't get a space in a mass grave? Ha ha ha! Oh, wait. That old stability. Gravestones are pretty stable and quiet. Hmmm. The good old days alright.

The fact is, the opportunity to create something better is now there. What happens next is their goddamn deal.

vivalargo

Sep 30, 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #90 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I honestly think we have every right to want our leaders to be a full cut above folks like Bush and Kerry, but since none are ever forthcoming, I'm convinced that there are no such folks. All there are is us. The whole cut above thing is based on characters so rare in history we can count them on one hand, and on close inspection, even the Great Ones were/are full of flaws.

Wishing for a perfect leader is like wanting a perfect parent -- pretty unlikely, though we could sure use them.

JL

bobd1953

Oct 1, 2004, 12:19 AM
Post #91 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
So exactly what did the Iraqis lose when they lost Saddam? Patronage and graft from his regime? No more amputated hands from stealing? Can't get a space in a mass grave? Ha ha ha! Oh, wait. That old stability. Gravestones are pretty stable and quiet. Hmmm. The good old days alright.

The fact is, the opportunity to create something better is now there. What happens next is their goddamn deal.

The war was not about Saddam, it was about WMD. Bush turned it into a personal war. There are a number of leaders that have a worst human rights record than Saddam. This was not the time to be invading Iraq.

What happens next in just as much our deal as it the Iraq people deal. This is going to be a long and arduous road for us and them.

skinnyjim

Oct 2, 2004, 3:56 AM
Post #92 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The war was not about Saddam, it was about WMD.

GOOD GOD! How oblivious can you be? The war was about neither Saddam nor WMD. It is and always has been about oil. Iraq is in the central area of the middle east and is a strategic location to "enforce peace." Hopefully you can see that Saudi is a portapotty that is so full of excrement that it is about to explode. Without out another viable source of oil, (lets face it ANWR won't open any time soon and it isnt going to provide enough oil if Saudi goes anyways.) The USA will be farked in terms of power sources. (Especially because of all the damn people with their SUVs) With the control over Iraq, comes control over oil reserves if Saudi decides to go to all hell and stop supplying the USA with much needed oil. There you have it folks, the true reason for going to war in Iraq. A back up plan for US oil and an attempt to instigate peace in the Middle East.

I don't necessarily agree with the war and to tell you the truth I beilieve it is horse maneur that we are trying to institute our values and ideas on another country. The sad thing is alot of the people who are in Iraq for the US are extremely culturally unaware. They bombed a fecking wedding in Afghanistan when they thought they were being shot at because some Afghanis at fired off their rifles in celebration.. :roll:
look at this.. It makes me livid.. ignorant ass b@stards...

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/...x.php?e=dontloot.wmv

bkmccoy

Oct 2, 2004, 7:12 AM
Post #93 of 93 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

this thread sucks... how many different ways can you all state the same arguement over and over again

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook