Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

summitseeker

May 3, 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #1 of 189 (16078 views)
Shortcut

Am I a perv?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey ladies, sorry to invade your space, but I do have a legitimate question for you. I love climbing with girls. I enjoy their skills and the way they climb. Yes I do enjoy "watching" the female body climb but I don't feel like it is a "sexual" thing. I'm not looking for a date or anything but climbing partners. Honestly, but how do I convince women to climb with me without seeming like a pervert? Or worse am I really a perv and don't know it? You would think at 45 yrs old I'd have things like this figured out!!! LOL Thanks for your time

acacongua

May 3, 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #2 of 189 (16063 views)
Shortcut

Re: [summitseeker] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

You're not the only guy who is like that so just climb and don't worry about it.

granite_grrl

May 3, 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #3 of 189 (16059 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have climbed with many men, none of whom I would call a pervert. I guess if I meet someone, male or female, I get along with them and they want to get out climbing with me then I'm more than game.

I have met a few people, exchanged contact info, and later got a bad, kinda creepy vibe while communicating with them. Those ones I don't head out with. People I get the creepyness from right away I won't even exchange contact info with. If you feel you're scaring off women then maybe you ahve to work on limiting the creep in you vibe.

Of course, there are some women that are very very wary. I don't know if they just attract the worng kinds of men, or if their creep radar is a little out, or maybe they just can't say no.

nthusiastj

May 3, 2007, 2:39 PM
Post #4 of 189 (16043 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You're a dude. Of course you're a perv.

But maybe you aren't a creepy perv.

Partner macherry

May 3, 2007, 3:11 PM
Post #5 of 189 (16033 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

summitseeker wrote:
Hey ladies, sorry to invade your space, but I do have a legitimate question for you. I love climbing with girls. I enjoy their skills and the way they climb. Yes I do enjoy "watching" the female body climb but I don't feel like it is a "sexual" thing. I'm not looking for a date or anything but climbing partners. Honestly, but how do I convince women to climb with me without seeming like a pervert? Or worse am I really a perv and don't know it? You would think at 45 yrs old I'd have things like this figured out!!! LOL Thanks for your time

if you're trying to "convince women to climb with you" , there's just something creepy about that. partnerships should come natural. And if a dude was hounding/begging/convincing me to climb with him without having established a relationship, my perv radar would go off!!!

wonderwoman

May 3, 2007, 3:46 PM
Post #6 of 189 (16027 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You're 'That Guy', aren't you?

http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

bitchslabbin

May 3, 2007, 4:32 PM
Post #7 of 189 (16009 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i had a guy always want to climb with me, then one day someon brought it to my attention that he only ever climbed with women, so the next time I climbed
with him I told him I was married. I never heard from him again and he never returned my calls to climb. Now that's a odd one.

summitseeker

May 4, 2007, 3:38 AM
Post #8 of 189 (15917 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bitchslabbin] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I actually like to climb with both men and women. I like watching mens skills and I like watching womens skills. I basicly just like to climb in groups. Thanks for not calling me a perv. LOL and I'll work on that creepy-ness in my "voice". By the way, man or woman if youre in Oklahoma look me up. I catch better than I climb. I climb 5-9 but I can catch 5-13 LOL!!!

clausti

May 4, 2007, 7:32 PM
Post #9 of 189 (15815 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you're not perverted, in that it's considered normal for straight men to like to watch women climb, or move gracefully in general.

you do sound like you're probably creepy though.

carry on.

Partner rrrADAM

May 5, 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #10 of 189 (15780 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

summitseeker wrote:
...Yes I do enjoy "watching" the female body... [snip] ...but I don't feel like it is a "sexual" thing.
The hotter she is the more sexual my thinking is, to be perfectly honest... Her climbing ability, while important, is secondary of she's hot.

This is easy for me to see as I tend to watch the hottest climbers, even if they suck at climbing, not the most graceful.

Am I a perv ??? Nope, just a guy.

Note-My wife is the hottest climber at the gym or the crag, so I watch her only !!! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Wink

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on May 5, 2007, 1:50 AM)

themadmilkman

May 6, 2007, 8:40 PM
Post #11 of 189 (15669 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
summitseeker wrote:
...Yes I do enjoy "watching" the female body... [snip] ...but I don't feel like it is a "sexual" thing.
The hotter she is the more sexual my thinking is, to be perfectly honest... Her climbing ability, while important, is secondary of she's hot.

This is easy for me to see as I tend to watch the hottest climbers, even if they suck at climbing, not the most graceful.

Am I a perv ??? Nope, just a guy.

Note-My wife is the hottest climber at the gym or the crag, so I watch her only !!! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Wink

My wife doesn't climb. But she sure as hell understands that I like watching hot girls climb. Or swim. Or run. Or just stand there.

I think you get my point.

climbingbetty22

May 8, 2007, 6:21 PM
Post #12 of 189 (15527 views)
Shortcut

Re: [themadmilkman] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you have to ask such a questions... the answer is probably yes.

Having said this, there is good perv and bad perv.

When I first met my now fiance on this site, he was talking about how he had a three bedroom apartment in New Paltz and how I should come stay with him and climb.

CREE-PY!!!!

Luckily for him, I eventually decided that I was desperate for climbing partners, so I would climb with him, but I would be staying in my own tent, by myself at the MUA, thank you very much and I would meet him at the crag.

I eventually got to know him and it turns out he wasn't creepy or pervy in bad way at all, he's just one of those people who will give you the shirt off his own back.

Point is, you know your intentions, but the women you ask to climb may not. You come off pressuring them or "convincing" them, they are probably thinking that there is an ulterior motive and hence are wary of climbing with you. You've got to kind of put the invitation to climb out there is a manner that is a non-threatening as possible and just leave it up to them to accept.

Also, if you are 45 and you're asking 20-something's to go climb with you, most of them are going to think you probably have some ulterior motive and that you are a bit creepy/pervy

slablizard

May 8, 2007, 7:41 PM
Post #13 of 189 (15513 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

summitseeker wrote:

You're not.
Nothing wrong in looking at a woman climb, or walk, or work...that is generally why they wear make up and skirts, they enjoy to be looked at.

I said look, not touch. So don't start accusing me of being a sciovinist male now.

You'll understand immediately from the reaction if a woman enjoys it or not

Asking it is a bit weird thou.

wonderwoman

May 8, 2007, 8:54 PM
Post #14 of 189 (15493 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slablizard] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

slablizard wrote:
You're not.
Nothing wrong in looking at a woman climb, or walk, or work...that is generally why they wear make up and skirts, they enjoy to be looked at.

The jury may still be out on the OP... But apparently slablizard is a perv.

slablizard

May 8, 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #15 of 189 (15474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
slablizard wrote:
You're not.

Why...because I look at a woman's body and I am not afraid to admit it?

Beautiful necklesses by the way. I love "Heavens to Mergetro"

(This post was edited by slablizard on May 8, 2007, 11:04 PM)

caughtinside

May 8, 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #16 of 189 (15469 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by caughtinside [In reply to]
Report this Post

slablizard

May 8, 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #17 of 189 (15465 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
you should post your myspace here paolo. Cool

and what for? Plus that's double classified, I will have to kill you now man.

I was watching "tyra show" the other night. I think there's nothing worst than a former model acting as a moralist...I mean how hypocrite is that?
she was bashing spring break kids for having fun...the "girls gone wild" guy for doing the tapes..wtf?

So beautiful and so prude.

Reminds me of someone actually.

wonderwoman

May 9, 2007, 12:58 AM
Post #18 of 189 (15449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

slablizard wrote:
wonderwoman wrote:
slablizard wrote:
You're not.

Why...because I look at a woman's body and I am not afraid to admit it?

Beautiful necklesses by the way. I love "Heavens to Mergetro"

Thank you for the compliment on my stuff, and I am kidding about calling you a perv. But that's what you get when you come in the ladies room!!!

For the record, I don't wear make up, so all men must avert their eyes at all times! And I have actually seen a guy climbing in a skirt before... I asked him if he lost a bet or something. Strange world.

granite_grrl

May 9, 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #19 of 189 (15396 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

slablizard wrote:
You're not.

I said look, not touch. So don't start accusing me of being a sciovinist male now.

You'll understand immediately from the reaction if a woman enjoys it or not

Asking it is a bit weird thou.

Looking is okay, staring is not. There are men out there that confuse women's boobs with their faces out there.

Personally I think women wear makeup for other women more than they wear it for men. And there are some women that can't leave the house without it, those I don't understand and can't explain.

Skirts are just plain comfortable. I'm glad you men enjoy it, but I wear them for myself. I wish men would wear skirts more often (kilts if you would prefer). Nothing better than a well turned calf...yum!

clee03m

May 9, 2007, 2:02 PM
Post #20 of 189 (15387 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I second the comment about comfortable skirts. I actually prefer dresses, though. That way there is NO waist. Ahhh. Very comfy.

I also agree about dressing up for women. When you turn a man's head with your get up, that's nothing. But if women like your outfit, you know you've done it right.

I do get a bit of a creepy vibes from the initial post, but may be different in person may be it's just the wording? Personally I wouldn't want some dude to like to climb with me just because I am a girl. That IS creepy.

Partner macherry

May 9, 2007, 2:48 PM
Post #21 of 189 (15379 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

perv factor goes way up when a guy is "ogling" not "appreciating".

It's the difference between, i find you attractive and "you're just tits and ass and i want to do you".

climb_eng

May 9, 2007, 3:57 PM
Post #22 of 189 (15360 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I find it very hard not to look at a beautiful or sexy woman. You reveal legs or breasts to me, and I have to try very hard not to stare. Am I a perv, or is it perhaps just human nature?

Shouldn't a woman take some responsibility for her appearance? If she doesn't want to be ogled, perhaps she should save the up-to-the-butt miniskirt, cleavage enhancing push up bra and super low cut shirt for the club?

Partner macherry

May 9, 2007, 4:19 PM
Post #23 of 189 (15355 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climb_eng] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climb_eng wrote:
I find it very hard not to look at a beautiful or sexy woman. You reveal legs or breasts to me, and I have to try very hard not to stare. Am I a perv, or is it perhaps just human nature?

Shouldn't a woman take some responsibility for her appearance? If she doesn't want to be ogled, perhaps she should save the up-to-the-butt miniskirt, cleavage enhancing push up bra and super low cut shirt for the club?

lame argument. take responsiblity for yourself, if you want to look fine!!!

slablizard

May 9, 2007, 5:33 PM
Post #24 of 189 (15328 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
Thank you for the compliment on my stuff, and I am kidding about calling you a perv. But that's what you get when you come in the ladies room!!!

I know I know....

a girlfriend in the gym:

"Paolo stop looking at my ass"
" Why would you prefer to have a big fat ass that nobody ever looks at?"
"Well no, of course"
" So you enjoy it"
"Well kind of..."

Sly

htotsu

May 9, 2007, 7:14 PM
Post #25 of 189 (15304 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climb_eng] Am I a perv? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climb_eng wrote:
Shouldn't a man take some responsibility for his behavior? If he doesn't want to be called a perv, perhaps he should save his pathetic, adolescent attempts at blaming everyone but himself for his own choices for somewhere other than The Ladies' Room.

In other words, you ogle, you chose to ogle. All women don't dress up just to have men like you leer at them. Besides, some of them are lesbians and have no interest in your attention at all.

I echo what was said earlier. There is a very big difference between appreciating and ogling. You would do well to learn that difference.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook