Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

carabiner96

Feb 29, 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #76 of 93 (974 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] An interesting anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So, if they're all his bitch, is Majid the catcher or the pitcher? Time for a new poll?

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 29, 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #77 of 93 (974 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
Zake
I delete my old post after few weeks or so it has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreement with a particular person. This is just to keep no record on-line and have it low key. As far as talking on any intelligent and or getting in to an intellectual conversation well, it depends who I am talking too and how deep I want to cover a subject. I personally try to stay away from too many scientific argument due to fact that I may not be able to present or explain what I would like to say and I do not want be judged base on what people may read on some forum. Trench is been punk as* for long time I keep stopping myself from not getting in to on-line bashing with him or any of his similar buddies but once someone goes in to my sh*t list, they are there for long time plus, I do not know the fuc8ing guy and if he disagrees with a topic or something he sees then, he should get his punk as* down and use his knowledge and prove his point like how everyone else has done such as yourself, GI GI and the rest .He is posting BS, start his typical wabbit bashing with no reasons or make a dumb comment and then hide is not the way a man make his point therefore, I call him my lady cause he can not take like a man.

Majid you need to start smoking that shit and relax a bit.

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 29, 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #78 of 93 (973 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] An interesting anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
So, if they're all his bitch, is Majid the catcher or the pitcher? Time for a new poll?

Damn yous!

Mad

zeke_sf

Feb 29, 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #79 of 93 (965 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
Zake
I delete my old post after few weeks or so it has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreement with a particular person. This is just to keep no record on-line and have it low key. As far as talking on any intelligent and or getting in to an intellectual conversation well, it depends who I am talking too and how deep I want to cover a subject. I personally try to stay away from too many scientific argument due to fact that I may not be able to present or explain what I would like to say and I do not want be judged base on what people may read on some forum. Trench is been punk as* for long time I keep stopping myself from not getting in to on-line bashing with him or any of his similar buddies but once someone goes in to my sh*t list, they are there for long time plus, I do not know the fuc8ing guy and if he disagrees with a topic or something he sees then, he should get his punk as* down and use his knowledge and prove his point like how everyone else has done such as yourself, GI GI and the rest .He is posting BS, start his typical wabbit bashing with no reasons or make a dumb comment and then hide is not the way a man make his point therefore, I call him my lady cause he can not take like a man.

Hey, I'm just an expert n00b; I just know about posting ethics and techniques for climbing through the rc.com forums. I'll leave this climbing shit to the climbers. If this guy's being a real Jakedatc, I say you give him a taste of the gas.

majid_sabet

Feb 29, 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #80 of 93 (952 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] An interesting anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

read below

(This post was edited by majid_sabet on Feb 29, 2008, 1:07 AM)

carabiner96

Feb 29, 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #81 of 93 (939 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard

In mid 70s, I saw drug addicts on the street shooting needles and drop dead the next day. In early 80s, I was climbing in southern Afghanistan (closer to Pakistan border) met a local who was having conversation with my mountain guide. Dude had near $1 million worth of heroin duct taped all over his body hitch hiking toward Turkey. Do you have any idea how much sh*t I seen in my life ?

and we care why?

no_email_entered

Feb 29, 2008, 12:59 AM
Post #82 of 93 (939 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cintune] An interesting anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cintune wrote:
Here's a simplified app that shows the force multiplication that results from various degrees of tensioning in a traverse.

http://www.tagsafety.com/info/tyrolean.php

As far as the prusiks go, the significant thing is that they provide rope-and-bolt-friendly shock-absorption when in use. Their diagnostic value, which Majid stresses, is only accessory to their superiority over attaching static line directly to the bolts and then riding the line. If for some reason someone starts bouncing, the prusiks slip instead of the knotted rope or the anchor failing.

you shoulda posted this earlier [thanks cool app]. might have saved a few electrons----

but then again majid wouldnt have his bitch.

[is that you daddy?]

trenchdigger

Feb 29, 2008, 7:04 PM
Post #83 of 93 (913 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
Zake

The worst I've done is to point out when I think you're wrong and why I believe so.

Tell me now, who's the one that can't take it?

(This post was edited by trenchdigger on Feb 29, 2008, 7:07 PM)

majid_sabet

Feb 29, 2008, 7:44 PM
Post #84 of 93 (892 views)
Shortcut

Re: [trenchdigger] An interesting anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

trenchdigger wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
Zake

The worst I've done is to point out when I think you're wrong and why I believe so.

n00ber

what do you mean "you THINK" I am wrong?

this is not how you said it. You said MS should take his rigging BS cause it is not climbing related where in fact, the images came from climbing magazine.

You been smoking gunga ?

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 29, 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #85 of 93 (873 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] An interesting anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard

In mid 70s, I saw drug addicts on the street shooting needles and drop dead the next day. In early 80s, I was climbing in southern Afghanistan (closer to Pakistan border) met a local who was having conversation with my mountain guide. Dude had near $1 million worth of heroin duct taped all over his body hitch hiking toward Turkey. Do you have any idea how much sh*t I seen in my life ?

You're right Majid. Slamming heroin and smoking pot are essentially the same thing.

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 29, 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #86 of 93 (870 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
trenchdigger wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
Zake

n00ber

this is not how you said it. You said MS should take his rigging BS cause it is not climbing related where in fact, the images came from climbing magazine.

You been smoking gunga ?

Make sure to use proteckshuns if you're going to smoke the gunga.

andrewbanandrew

Mar 1, 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #87 of 93 (853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
GI GI

ok, lets take this to one level up . There are no tensioning system built on that side anchor (not on the image I post), therefore how are you going to take the slack out of the rope if you have no MA built-in on that end?.

Do not tell me you are going to use your hands to take the slack off the system on two separate ropes evenly and if so, how tight do you think you could tension those two rope by just using the hands?

Now I am willing to bet $5000 that you are wrong. $2500 to cover the cost of a course which I took last year that was 90 hours long in Yosemite and all we did was building systems like what you see here and another $2500 so I could retake it the course again just for the fun of it .

Do we have a bet?

You're the guy in a WFR course who wears his headlamp and helmet to the field sessions in the local city's park...

...right?

majid_sabet

Mar 1, 2008, 12:59 AM
Post #88 of 93 (842 views)
Shortcut

Re: [andrewbanandrew] An interesting anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

andrewbanandrew wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
GI GI

Do we have a bet?

You're the guy in a WFR course who wears his headlamp and helmet to the field sessions in the local city's park...

...right?

You thought it was a headlamp but you did not pay closer attention to the middle of the LED lightbulbs.

Did you?

no_email_entered

Mar 1, 2008, 1:03 AM
Post #89 of 93 (834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so where you climbin this weekend majid?

majid_sabet

Mar 1, 2008, 1:44 AM
Post #90 of 93 (812 views)
Shortcut

Re: [no_email_entered] An interesting anchor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

no_email_entered wrote:
so where you climbin this weekend majid?

I want to do some aid in castle rock/summit rock this sunday and I will be in JT next weekend.

Do you live in the area?

no_email_entered

Mar 1, 2008, 2:12 AM
Post #91 of 93 (807 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dam. like ships passing in the night.

no i'll be clipping bolts and placing moderate pro somewhere on the west coast then JT in 2 weeks.

sumday we will climb. we will wear helmets. we will belay safely and we will say no to drugs [mostly].

t2stone

Mar 2, 2008, 10:52 AM
Post #92 of 93 (788 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I DO KNOW YOU DONT NEED BOLTS 4 WHEN THERES A NICE CRACK RIGHT NEXT~DOOR WHAT A SPORTCLIMER DOES IS...UMM (STUPID)....)^:

trenchdigger

Mar 3, 2008, 4:03 PM
Post #93 of 93 (749 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
trenchdigger wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
Zake

n00ber

You been smoking gunga ?

This BS came from the climbing magazine?
majid_sabet wrote:
Since you do not know how far to tension the main lines, you start with a few feet of slack and once you start loading the mainline, the pruisk may slip but unevenly among the both lines. At some point, the tension on both lines becomes even and that is where you leave everything.

Show me where...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook