Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

jgloporto

Jan 11, 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #76 of 105 (17847 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maww] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
I bet your real glad I walked out of this one... see where this stuff goes without me here??!!@11!

Yes it goes in more appropriate directions and there is much more girly talk without you. Sly

Exactly.

And yet you are still here...and still talking.

Wink Just teasing ya babe.

But I'm saying very little... in a very uncontroversial way.

jgloporto

Jan 11, 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #77 of 105 (17845 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgloporto] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
I bet your real glad I walked out of this one... see where this stuff goes without me here??!!@11!

Yes it goes in more appropriate directions and there is much more girly talk without you. Sly

Exactly.

:whispering:

PTFTW.Unimpressed

maww

Jan 11, 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #78 of 105 (17842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:

Exactly.

PTFTW.Unimpressed

I've noticed the non-controversy.

Are you ok? Are you surviving? Is it killing you yet???

jgloporto

Jan 11, 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #79 of 105 (17839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:

Exactly.

PTFTW.Unimpressed

There has been some secret pantz shitting rage but I can contain it. I still think my controversying made the LF more interesting but I know when to back slowly out of room full of angry women.

You guys want dry sterile conversation, I'll take my useless opinions elsewhere.

maww

Jan 11, 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #80 of 105 (17836 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:

Exactly.

PTFTW.Unimpressed

There has been some secret pantz shitting rage but I can contain it. I still think my controversying made the LF more interesting but I know when to back slowly out of room full of angry women.

You guys want dry sterile conversation, I'll take my useless opinions elsewhere.

I'll take your useless opinions anytime hun but ah you can keep those pantz full of shit. ;)

jgloporto

Jan 11, 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #81 of 105 (17835 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:

Exactly.

PTFTW.Unimpressed

I'll take your useless opinions anytime hun but ah you can keep those pantz full of shit. ;)

Oh don't worry. I just mail those to CI.

maww

Jan 11, 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #82 of 105 (17831 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
maww wrote:
jgloporto wrote:

Exactly.

PTFTW.Unimpressed

Oh don't worry. I just mail those to CI.

HA!!!! You are a sassy man.

erisspirit

Jan 13, 2008, 2:46 AM
Post #83 of 105 (17802 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey if you end up looking at bigger retail stores at engagement rings, I just found out that Robin Brothers only carries non conflict diamonds, and will tell you where your diamond is from. I thought that was a pretty cool position for a big chain store to have.

uhoh

Jan 31, 2008, 5:04 PM
Post #84 of 105 (17708 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Not that I'm anywhere close to getting engaged yet...just been looking at rings, and have been wondering how on earth you chose the ring that you're supposed to wear for the rest of your life.

I think we'ree going to get ours made custom, but can't afford to spend a forture. We're planning on a pretty economic wedding, and the boy has commited to spending no more than 1G on a ring (which, sounds like plenty, but after looking at some...OMG!!$$$)

So can custom be an affordable way to go if we go with some small town back woods jewler? What's your ring story?

The solution is simple. You go to a school full of hippies so there must be an art department there. Go there and put up flyers stating that whoever makes the best ring gets $250 cash. Save the other $750 for condoms.

e_free

Feb 1, 2008, 8:54 PM
Post #85 of 105 (17577 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's what my husband (then fiance) said. THEN he wanted to buy 3 cams, and I was like "That's like one jump" when I was thinking about getting certified skydiving. Ah, the currency of love!

Anyhow, when we were looking at rings, I ended up with the jeweler who did my parents rings. They cut me no deals, but I got my CUSTOM ring, for way cheaper than the chain jewelry stores. Try a local family-run place for custom design, and see if you don;t get just exactly what you want for a great price :)

lhwang

Feb 3, 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #86 of 105 (17514 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oy, clee03m. Why does this sound familiar? My mom wants to invite a whole bunch of Korean people I don't know to our wedding. We want to have the wedding in Potrero Chico, though. So our compromise was to have a reception at home and she can invite as many Korean people as she wants.

The wedding industry is definitely a scam. I definitely did not want a diamond engagement ring (like taino's wife). I could not wear a blood diamond, and even conflict free diamonds may still be polished by child slaves, and they are usually mined by the same companies who profit from conflict diamonds anyway. Plus there is the environmental impact of diamond mining in the north and displacement of aboriginal groups from their traditional lands, and so on.

Whew, rant over.

Anyway, my fiance ended up taking some diamonds from one of his mother's rings and he designed a ring and had that made for me by a goldsmith who lives down the street. The gold is not fair trade/reclaimed, unfortunately but I still love it, even though I don't wear it very often.

Supposedly, he's going to make our wedding bands out of titanium (he's a machinist).

PS Clausti, congrats!!!!

clee03m

Feb 3, 2008, 4:48 PM
Post #87 of 105 (17505 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lhwang] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yup, my wedding had 400+ guests and I knew about 10 of them. Must say, though, the food was awesome, and music was beautiful (I told my mom I had to have total control of music since my fellow music majors would faint if bad music was present at my wedding).

Sounds like a great compromise. Too bad for me that compromise is not in my mom's dictionary :( Congrats on upcoming wedding. Wow, you are going to pull of a wedding during residency, eh?

iamthewallress

Feb 4, 2008, 3:13 AM
Post #88 of 105 (17477 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lhwang] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lhwang wrote:
Oy, clee03m. Why does this sound familiar? My mom wants to invite a whole bunch of Korean people I don't know to our wedding. We want to have the wedding in Potrero Chico, though. So our compromise was to have a reception at home and she can invite as many Korean people as she wants.

My ex did something like that...A wedding in Napa for friends and immediate family and one at a Vietnamese banquet hall for the (very) extended Vietnamese family and a small group of American friends.

Even though they weren't super psyched about wedding #2, I think his mom made one of the most lovely wedding speeches I've ever heard (I think of it all the time), and they got to get decked out in traditional ao dai as well as american weddind duds.

Not wanting to level the dis of true elopement, but not wanting to take the time or $$ to plan anything else is the reason why I'm rolling into year #6 w/ my "boyfriend".

(This post was edited by iamthewallress on Feb 4, 2008, 3:18 AM)

winkwinklambonini

Mar 12, 2008, 6:15 PM
Post #89 of 105 (17248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tourmaline, it's green(irish color of love), and mined locally in Maine.

Forget diamonds.

Partner mr8615

Mar 18, 2008, 12:58 AM
Post #90 of 105 (17129 views)
Shortcut

Re: [winkwinklambonini] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know much about it, and I'm looking at possibly buying a diamond in the near future, but couldn't a diamond ring be considered an investment? No one's really mentioned that, other than toward the beginning where a ring was purchased for much less than it's valued now...

Partner mr8615

Mar 18, 2008, 12:59 AM
Post #91 of 105 (17128 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mr8615] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And I'm a dumb ass for asking that, because the ring's value is obviously never going to be liquified.

maww

Mar 18, 2008, 4:29 PM
Post #92 of 105 (17067 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mr8615 wrote:
And I'm a dumb ass for asking that, because the ring's value is obviously never going to be liquified.

Hopefully not! Wink

clausti

Mar 19, 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #93 of 105 (17018 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mr8615 wrote:
I don't know much about it, and I'm looking at possibly buying a diamond in the near future, but couldn't a diamond ring be considered an investment? No one's really mentioned that, other than toward the beginning where a ring was purchased for much less than it's valued now...

who you buyin a ring for???

and its really best not to look on the ring as an investment. the technical term is "illiquid asset." and if you want to know what happens when you try and sell a diamond ring, check ebay and craigslist.

Partner mr8615

Mar 19, 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #94 of 105 (16977 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll tell you about the who later, gimme a call and we'll catch up. And I kinda figured about the 'illiquid' part... I just type faster than I think sometimes.

billcoe_

Mar 19, 2008, 9:22 PM
Post #95 of 105 (16948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Not that I'm anywhere close to getting engaged yet...just been looking at rings, and have been wondering how on earth you chose the ring that you're supposed to wear for the rest of your life.

I think we'ree going to get ours made custom, but can't afford to spend a forture. We're planning on a pretty economic wedding, and the boy has commited to spending no more than 1G on a ring (which, sounds like plenty, but after looking at some...OMG!!$$$)

So can custom be an affordable way to go if we go with some small town back woods jewler? What's your ring story?

I bought silver and made each of us a wedding ring. A single silver band.

billcoe_

Mar 19, 2008, 9:23 PM
Post #96 of 105 (16946 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Cost was about $3.00 each. Including the silver solder and rouge to buff them out.

billcoe_

Mar 19, 2008, 9:26 PM
Post #97 of 105 (16945 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We've been together for over 28 years now. She's a super nice person. Doesn't climb, however, she's bought my last 4 climbing coats to help be an enabler:-) .

(This post was edited by billcoe_ on Mar 19, 2008, 9:27 PM)

martyseilh

Sep 6, 2010, 1:05 AM
Post #98 of 105 (14100 views)
Shortcut

Re: [taino] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, that two rings are nice for engagement ring, i know ladies will love wearing that, hope that someone will give me like that. Joke... LOL

saint_john

Feb 21, 2011, 3:45 PM
Post #99 of 105 (13656 views)
Shortcut

Re: [martyseilh] Engagement Rings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Diamonds take a huge toll on the enviroment and on humanity. ALL diamonds are "conflict diamonds."

reese_7

Feb 22, 2011, 5:22 AM
Post #100 of 105 (13605 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So many things go into a ring… what you/he want it to mean… what you/he think it says about your relationship… and then what other people think. The first two are what really matters. I didn’t expect to get engaged so when it happened I was really shocked.
When I thought about rings I only knew that I wanted it to be meaningful. I didn’t really want a stone. I wanted a decorative band. My wonderful guy really took it to heart that I wanted something with meaning and asked his family for his grandmother’s ring. He had the stone re-set by a friend and now I have a ring I never expected to get.
It is much bigger and more sparkly than I ever wanted, but when I look at it I see part of his family. I love that he really tried to find a ring with meaning. I never would have picked this ring but now that I have it I feel so lucky. It’s a mix of tradition, family, commitment, and love and it fits perfectly on my finger. If I can offer you any advice, it would be to find a ring that communicates your love. Whether that is a Celtic band (which I love) or a huge rock the only thing that really matters is if it symbolizes your relationship!
The only bad thing about this rock is the way other people react to it. They do exactly what kimmyt said, grab your hand and then ask 1000 questions. I just try to ignore them and all their vain judgments.
Go with your heart and you will get the best thing for you!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook