Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

curt

Apr 21, 2015, 6:51 AM
Post #104776 of 105309 (5187 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Weekend report.

I have it on good authority that Mr Camhead, the NRG local (!!!!!) got lost (!!!!!) hiking to the crag at the New this weekend, and accidentally ended up at Sandstonia, in n00b paradize.

Can jack come here and do his "poyntz and laffs" thing?

He also made his girlfriend carry the bigger pack, under the guise of getting her to do some easy climbs. Hurray for gunkie girlfriends who like this kind of treatment.

Yeeeeah, Karen wuntzed to go climb moderates and had never been to Bubba Shitty. I sent a proj on Saturday, so she knew she could convince me to go there on Sunday.

Have never had my balls cupped so hard. That Russian guy who knew you was like, "are you camhead? why are you climbing here!"

and then when I offered some advice about lowering off of routes, he was telling his crew "listen to him, he's the closest thing to a pro climber that you'll see at Bubba City!"

Oh dear.

Oh vomit,

Curt

curt

Apr 21, 2015, 6:52 AM
Post #104777 of 105309 (5185 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Weekend report.

I have it on good authority that Mr Camhead, the NRG local (!!!!!) got lost (!!!!!) hiking to the crag at the New this weekend, and accidentally ended up at Sandstonia, in n00b paradize.

He also made his girlfriend carry the bigger pack, under the guise of getting her to do some easy climbs. Hurray for gunkie girlfriends who like this kind of treatment.

Yeeeeah, Karen wuntzed to go climb moderates and had never been to Bubba Shitty. I sent a proj on Saturday, so she knew she could convince me to go there on Sunday.

Have never had my balls cupped so hard. That Russian guy who knew you was like, "are you camhead? why are you climbing here!"

and then when I offered some advice about lowering off of routes, he was telling his crew "listen to him, he's the closest thing to a pro climber that you'll see at Bubba City!"

Oh dear.

For prosperity.

And possibly blackmail.

Curt

granite_grrl

Apr 21, 2015, 12:37 PM
Post #104778 of 105309 (5151 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So I've been getting moar serious about this hangboarding thing. Adding/subtracting weight, etc. While I'm still not feeling so trashed after a workout that I need 72 hours of rest, I'm definitely getting a better workout now.

I think I mentioned that I've just been doing the beginner workout out of the Manderson book, at least until my fingers didn't feel so tweaky anymore. I was thinking of moving on to the intermediate workout later this week though now that I'm getting stuff sorted out. There's no benefit to sticking to the beginner workout instead of moving on to the intermediate workout, is there?

lena_chita

Apr 21, 2015, 2:46 PM
Post #104779 of 105309 (5138 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Well Camhead's timing is much better than mine was. Supposed to be great this week, last week was... not so much.

Beginning of the week was fine - had perfect weather for Castleton. Despite my being terribly out of shape for such things, I tried hard, and kept it together for the send. The rest of the week (when it wasn't snowing) I mostly kinda sucked. Though I did get in one FA OS, tiptoeing around death blocks, that I'm pretty proud of. That was in Hart's Draw. Just before the weather completely deteriorated.

GO

Sorry dude! But a bad vacation still beats working.

We decided not to go climbing this past weekend. It was raining Thursday and Friday, then 82F and Sunny on Saturday, and back to rain on Sunday. I am sure it was pretty muggy... plenty of people went, of course (complete with facebook updates of how great it was to finally go climbing outside again, summer is here, yay!!!!)

We stayed in town and started painting the basement. Painting wood paneling is SOOOO not fun. I've painted beadboard before, with great success, but this paneling has super-deep grooves that you can't just go over with with the roller, so it was brush painting the entire way. Spent all afternoon on Sunday, and didn't even finish priming... and the walls will need to have a second coat of primer before the paint can go on, yikes!

But it would be nice when we finish. :) sometime in the next century.

We have really nice wood paneling from the 1960 era in our house. Real wood, not that printed stuff. We're not painting it, but will be pulling it all down. Kind of a pity, but it is very dated.

The wood paneling I have is super bad.

I mean, it is real wood, not fake printed stuff. But it is old, scuffed, water-stained in spots, and ugly. Pulling it out would be a major undertaking, not the one I'm wiling to start right now.

It is starting to look really nice, in sections where we got the second coat of primer already. But it is a lot of work.

caughtinside

Apr 21, 2015, 3:16 PM
Post #104780 of 105309 (5128 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Weekend report.

Well, history and geography aren't the same thing.

Curt

Aren't you the Josh guide who took two hours to find the vector?

granite_grrl

Apr 21, 2015, 3:21 PM
Post #104781 of 105309 (5123 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Well Camhead's timing is much better than mine was. Supposed to be great this week, last week was... not so much.

Beginning of the week was fine - had perfect weather for Castleton. Despite my being terribly out of shape for such things, I tried hard, and kept it together for the send. The rest of the week (when it wasn't snowing) I mostly kinda sucked. Though I did get in one FA OS, tiptoeing around death blocks, that I'm pretty proud of. That was in Hart's Draw. Just before the weather completely deteriorated.

GO

We decided not to go climbing this past weekend. It was raining Thursday and Friday, then 82F and Sunny on Saturday, and back to rain on Sunday. I am sure it was pretty muggy... plenty of people went, of course (complete with facebook updates of how great it was to finally go climbing outside again, summer is here, yay!!!!)

We stayed in town and started painting the basement. Painting wood paneling is SOOOO not fun. I've painted beadboard before, with great success, but this paneling has super-deep grooves that you can't just go over with with the roller, so it was brush painting the entire way. Spent all afternoon on Sunday, and didn't even finish priming... and the walls will need to have a second coat of primer before the paint can go on, yikes!

We have really nice wood paneling from the 1960 era in our house. Real wood, not that printed stuff. We're not painting it, but will be pulling it all down. Kind of a pity, but it is very dated.

I mean, it is real wood, not fake printed stuff. But it is old, scuffed, water-stained in spots, and ugly. Pulling it out would be a major undertaking, not the one I'm wiling to start right now.

It is starting to look really nice, in sections where we got the second coat of primer already. But it is a lot of work.

Nathan was actually working on finishing up the kitchen stuff last night. He can't quite remember where he left off though... Unfortunately I think taking down the wood panelling and painting the living room is low on the list. Pirate

carabiner96

Apr 21, 2015, 5:24 PM
Post #104782 of 105309 (5109 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
So I've been getting moar serious about this hangboarding thing. Adding/subtracting weight, etc. While I'm still not feeling so trashed after a workout that I need 72 hours of rest, I'm definitely getting a better workout now.

I think I mentioned that I've just been doing the beginner workout out of the Manderson book, at least until my fingers didn't feel so tweaky anymore. I was thinking of moving on to the intermediate workout later this week though now that I'm getting stuff sorted out. There's no benefit to sticking to the beginner workout instead of moving on to the intermediate workout, is there?
Interested in this too- I'm assuming I'll just do beginner for the whole period, but what if it feels too easy? I guess I'd take off assisted weight, not sure if my goal should be increased time and reps or to get down to body weight- but what if I can't ever get down to body weight?

snoopy138

Apr 21, 2015, 11:59 PM
Post #104783 of 105309 (5046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Hopping on MoonButt with Trashy tomorrow. Hopefully hilarity will ensue just a bit!

you could ensure that it ensues if you just cutz his rope halfway up.

Partner camhead

Apr 22, 2015, 2:57 PM
Post #104784 of 105309 (4936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Hopping on MoonButt with Trashy tomorrow. Hopefully hilarity will ensue just a bit!

I regret to inform y'all that we both survived. Great day out, although Trashy was probably regretting offering to jug the hole thing. My everything hurtz today, though.

Partner cracklover

Apr 22, 2015, 5:52 PM
Post #104785 of 105309 (4904 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

I regret to inform y'all that we both survived. Great day out, although Trashy was probably regretting offering to jug the hole thing. My everything hurtz today, though.

Wait, where's the spray? I showed up with full raingear today! I needz 2 no! How did it go? Tell me now!

GO

granite_grrl

Apr 22, 2015, 6:06 PM
Post #104786 of 105309 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Wait, where's the spray? I showed up with full raingear today! I needz 2 no! How did it go? Tell me now!

GO

If you looked on facespace you'd see he didn't even do it clean. Weak sauce!

Partner camhead

Apr 22, 2015, 6:07 PM
Post #104787 of 105309 (4896 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

GO

Already sprayed on teh facespace. Full report will come later! I'm kind of swamped preparing mah boring tawk for tonight.

Partner camhead

Apr 22, 2015, 7:13 PM
Post #104788 of 105309 (4887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

GO

Totally weke! I may as well have aidzed it.

Partner camhead

Apr 22, 2015, 7:15 PM
Post #104789 of 105309 (4886 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Trashy and I were just having lunch here in noiZ, and this older climber from Jtree struck up a conversation with us.

I asked him if he knew Jack, and he was like, "Yeah! He used to have a mouth on him– he made women cry and guys want to punch him!"

carabiner96

Apr 22, 2015, 7:19 PM
Post #104790 of 105309 (4883 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Trashy and I were just having lunch here in noiZ, and this older climber from Jtree struck up a conversation with us.

I asked him if he knew Jack, and he was like, "Yeah! He used to have a mouth on him– he made women cry and guys want to punch him!"
'Used' to?

dr_feelgood

Apr 22, 2015, 8:49 PM
Post #104791 of 105309 (4867 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

'Used' to?
Clearly the incorrect verb tense.

tripperjm

Apr 22, 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #104792 of 105309 (4854 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

It's funny...

Cuz it's tru.

Course these dayz....

I'm more ov an ass,

man.

caughtinside

Apr 23, 2015, 3:21 AM
Post #104793 of 105309 (4796 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

'Used' to?
Clearly the incorrect verb tense.
He's made me cry the reel teerz

lena_chita

Apr 23, 2015, 8:02 PM
Post #104794 of 105309 (4604 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Interested in this too- I'm assuming I'll just do beginner for the whole period, but what if it feels too easy? I guess I'd take off assisted weight, not sure if my goal should be increased time and reps or to get down to body weight- but what if I can't ever get down to body weight?

Getting to body weight isn't really the main goal, unless you plan to one-arm jump-campus everything? If you go from hanging with 60lb subtraction at the start, and get to 30lb subtraction at the end, that's pretty darn awesome. In the next cycle you would maybe start at -50, and end at -20, and so on. Sure, eventually you'd get to body weight and even more, but it might take multiple cycles.

The goal is to get better at holds that you can't hang onto, with body weight. I usually have one hold that I am starting at body weight or slightly more, and will be adding a lot of weight by the end (this is a warm-up hold) 3-4 holds that I am starting at 10-15 lb subtraction (so halfway through the cycle I would be moving into positive weight territory) and 2-3 holds that I have to subtract a LOT of weight, and might never get to body weight.

For example the pinches on the Manderson hangboard are brutal!!! I have finally gotten to +2.5lb on medium pinch, after 3 cycles of hangboard. I started the first cycle at -50, and got stuck at -20, couldn't get better. Teh next cycle I started at -45, and got to -12.5, again, getting stuck and not getting better over multiple workouts, And then finally, finally, in the 3rd round it felt like, gee, I can do this, I kept adding weight in every workout, and went into positives.

lena_chita

Apr 23, 2015, 8:28 PM
Post #104795 of 105309 (4595 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Nathan was actually working on finishing up the kitchen stuff last night. He can't quite remember where he left off though... Unfortunately I think taking down the wood panelling and painting the living room is low on the list. Pirate

Wait, what? He can't remember where he left off what? painting? And he can't see the difference? Then maybe it doesn't need to be done? Tongue

No chance of that happening in my basement, the difference between the spot that got two coats of the primer, and one coat, is very glaringly obvious, LOL.

I feel like I spend hours yesterday on spackling and repairing gaps (I did spackle before the first coat, but a lot of spots were just not visible on the wood, but became glaringly obvious after the first primer coat, like the gaps between panels in some places, etc). But after hours and hours of work, it feels like I barely made a dent.

Oh, and in unrelated gnus, it snowed last night. I haven't been out to the garden to see what survived, and what didn't... Ugh! Mad
It is not the end of the world, the beauty of square foot gardening is that if Kale got killed... big deal, I only lost 4 seeds and couple weeks of time. Though I don't think kale got killed...Anyway, we'll see, tonight.

snoopy138

Apr 23, 2015, 8:53 PM
Post #104796 of 105309 (4589 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

GO

umm, the mere fact that his post didn't mention zending it tells me he didn't do it clean.

don't need facespace for that.

caughtinside

Apr 24, 2015, 1:38 AM
Post #104797 of 105309 (4507 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

GO

umm, the mere fact that his post didn't mention zending it tells me he didn't do it clean.

don't need facespace for that.

I was able to glean how many 5.12 pitches he did clean.

granite_grrl

Apr 24, 2015, 11:50 AM
Post #104798 of 105309 (4360 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Getting to body weight isn't really the main goal, unless you plan to one-arm jump-campus everything? If you go from hanging with 60lb subtraction at the start, and get to 30lb subtraction at the end, that's pretty darn awesome. In the next cycle you would maybe start at -50, and end at -20, and so on. Sure, eventually you'd get to body weight and even more, but it might take multiple cycles.

The goal is to get better at holds that you can't hang onto, with body weight. I usually have one hold that I am starting at body weight or slightly more, and will be adding a lot of weight by the end (this is a warm-up hold) 3-4 holds that I am starting at 10-15 lb subtraction (so halfway through the cycle I would be moving into positive weight territory) and 2-3 holds that I have to subtract a LOT of weight, and might never get to body weight.

For example the pinches on the Manderson hangboard are brutal!!! I have finally gotten to +2.5lb on medium pinch, after 3 cycles of hangboard. I started the first cycle at -50, and got stuck at -20, couldn't get better. Teh next cycle I started at -45, and got to -12.5, again, getting stuck and not getting better over multiple workouts, And then finally, finally, in the 3rd round it felt like, gee, I can do this, I kept adding weight in every workout, and went into positives.

So I only have 27.5 pounds of weight at my apartment for me to take weight off, so I started mostly on larger holds (especially since my fingers were really not used to the strain I was putting on them).

Anyway, point on the dudes story is that as I'm increasing weight on the hold my finger hurt so bad! It's a bit of a strain on my winter fingers, but I'm talking skin issues here.

Anyway, I just asked Nathan is he had any more weights he could take up here for me. I'm thinking I should get off the larger holds and bump the subtracted weight way up. I also figure if I'm rejiggering my workout I should try switching over to the intermediate workout. Shorter hang might put a little less strain on my fingers, even though there's more total volume to the workout.

Still haven't gotten pinches, and while I asked Nathan to make them for me he apparently needs a CAD drawing before he'll do it. I'm not sure what's going to work best so I told him to just make some up and we'll see how they work.

granite_grrl

Apr 24, 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #104799 of 105309 (4353 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Wait, what? He can't remember where he left off what? painting? And he can't see the difference? Then maybe it doesn't need to be done? Tongue

No chance of that happening in my basement, the difference between the spot that got two coats of the primer, and one coat, is very glaringly obvious, LOL.

I feel like I spend hours yesterday on spackling and repairing gaps (I did spackle before the first coat, but a lot of spots were just not visible on the wood, but became glaringly obvious after the first primer coat, like the gaps between panels in some places, etc). But after hours and hours of work, it feels like I barely made a dent.

Oh, and in unrelated gnus, it snowed last night. I haven't been out to the garden to see what survived, and what didn't... Ugh! Mad
It is not the end of the world, the beauty of square foot gardening is that if Kale got killed... big deal, I only lost 4 seeds and couple weeks of time. Though I don't think kale got killed...Anyway, we'll see, tonight.

No, he was making pullouts for the lower cabinets. He had a bunch of pieces already cut, but was running into issues like he couldn't remember what he was going to use for their bottoms, etc. If it was just paint I would have finished that up myself forever ago.

It snowed here yesterday. Totally gross. Supposed to warm back up tomorrow though. It's not been that cold, things like kale and peas should be fine I'd think.

Partner camhead

Apr 24, 2015, 12:24 PM
Post #104800 of 105309 (4351 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

So I only have 27.5 pounds of weight at my apartment for me to take weight off, so I started mostly on larger holds (especially since my fingers were really not used to the strain I was putting on them).

Anyway, point on the dudes story is that as I'm increasing weight on the hold my finger hurt so bad! It's a bit of a strain on my winter fingers, but I'm talking skin issues here.

Anyway, I just asked Nathan is he had any more weights he could take up here for me. I'm thinking I should get off the larger holds and bump the subtracted weight way up. I also figure if I'm rejiggering my workout I should try switching over to the intermediate workout. Shorter hang might put a little less strain on my fingers, even though there's more total volume to the workout.

Still haven't gotten pinches, and while I asked Nathan to make them for me he apparently needs a CAD drawing before he'll do it. I'm not sure what's going to work best so I told him to just make some up and we'll see how they work.

The skin always hurts like hell on big holds, that are larger than one pad. Get to small crimps ASAP!

First page Previous page 1 ... 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook