Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Anyone going to be at the Lake this weekend?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ramylson

Oct 1, 2002, 8:34 PM
Post #1 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Anyone going to be at the Lake this weekend?  (North_America: Canada: British_Columbia: Okanagan: SKAHA: The_Fortress)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just wondering if anyone was planning on going up to Devil's Lake this weekend (Oct 4th-6th)? Gtg?

[ This Message was edited by: ramylson on 2002-10-01 15:46 ]

ramylson

Oct 3, 2002, 2:04 AM
Post #2 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Anyone going to be at the Lake this weekend? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Seriously.. nobody is planning on traveling up to Devil's Lake? Hmm.. come on now, it's my birthday. Somebody shoud want to get together to drink some brew.. Bueller?

ramylson

Oct 4, 2002, 8:21 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well.. if anyone is interested, and traveling up to the Lake this weekend, we'll be camping at Green Valley camp ground (on hwy 12 just outside the park, but before you actually get into Baraboo) in the Adventure Rock site (site furthest back by the pond).

tradguy

Oct 4, 2002, 8:47 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ramylson,

I case you hadn't noticed, it's supposed to be like 50 degrees and rainy at Devils Lake this weekend. Not particularly nice conditions to warrant the long drive out there.

klymer

Oct 4, 2002, 10:05 PM
Post #5 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's exactly what I'm hoping for, smaller crowds that way. So far Saturday is looking like it may contain a window of decent weather, chilly but no rain. I plan to be there Saturday...

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USWI0045?whatprefs=

[ This Message was edited by: klymer on 2002-10-04 15:24 ]

klymer

Oct 6, 2002, 8:30 PM
Post #6 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, the crowd thing was in full effect this weekend, hundreds of people single file on the trails, no kidding! But the West Bluff climbs were not crowded at all, had a great day, fantastic weather!

ramylson

Oct 7, 2002, 1:05 AM
Post #7 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Doh! Sorry we missed you Kymer. Next time I guess. But, you were right.. Saturday was rather busy. There were a lot of groups up there, which to me is very unsettling. Especially since I have to deal with those "ethics" on a semi-regular basis by being involved with guiding for Adventure Rock. It's upsetting, since we take great care with the locals opinions on it. I mean, we don't take any group east of Balanced Rock. So, the limits us to the West Bluff, Birthday Rocks, Horses Rampart, and Railroad. Away for the majority of the "classic" climbs in the park. That's how it should be anyway, since those areas see most of the climber traffic anyway. *argh* Nevermind.. I've been bitching about this all weekend. Anyway, it was really busy on the East Rampart this busy, but not really terrible. Manageable is probably the correct term. It really cleared out after 3pm, so I was able to get on some projects I've been working on. Finally lead Congratulations clean!! I'm so happy 'bout that. Perfect birthday present. Saturday night was good.. flaming dr. pepper shots and all. Good birthday run until the rains came. Man, did it rain this morning though.. was really close to just going home, but went on a hike instead. Turned out to be perfect! A little windy, but nice. Couldn't have asked for anything more. All in all, great weekend.

So, how 'bout this. In two weeks (sorry, wedding this next weekend) I'll be running around the lake again. I have to teach a class the morning of Saturday and Sunday. But, anyone willing to get together?

quickclips

Oct 10, 2002, 1:51 AM
Post #8 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what weekend is that? I'm working the 18-19th but after that I"m game, if the weather is decent.
Chris

ramylson

Oct 10, 2002, 1:36 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It would be the weekend of Oct 18th-20th. There's another post created about it..

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook