Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Partner jules

Feb 18, 2003, 5:35 PM
Post #26 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

In reply to:
2. (okay, this is a feature change that's kind of inconvenient, probably a Low priority :roll:) The Send PM option is no longer available on the left menu bar. You have to search for someone's info (or one of their posts), then send them a PM with the PM button from there. It would be nice to be able to send a PM without having to go through so many gyrations first.

Click "you have no messages" at the top (or "you have x messages", whatever) and it brings you to your PM box. Hit "new post".

Partner drector

Feb 18, 2003, 9:59 PM
Post #27 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

Yes. I too can't check email. Probably no one can.

I'm a little annoyed that I paid for this address but can't give it out to people because I'm never sure that I will be able to check it. Perhaps if the email was a separate server that was not connected to the www server?

Dave

theooze

Feb 18, 2003, 11:30 PM
Post #28 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

The Top Ten page isn't updating, and so has failed to record a momentous event - the NRP gathering thread becoming the most viewed topic ever on the site. :cry:

godsmybelayer

Feb 18, 2003, 11:32 PM
Post #29 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

Everytime I post in a thread, or maybe just view it...I get an email telling me if someones posted since? This could get real bad, real fast, for me.............thank you for your immediate attention to this in advance. :?

Edited because I figured out what was wrong. The box at the bototm of the screen that says 'notify me when a reply is posted' comes pre-checked. :lol:

Partner drector

Feb 18, 2003, 11:35 PM
Post #30 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

"Notify me when a reply is posted" is defaultd to On. This caused me a bunch of rc.com spam for stuff where I was just posting opinions. Please default "spam me" options to off.

Dave

Edited to add: Oh. RTFM. I found the setting. It stuck even thought the other profile settings I changed didn't stick. I'd still like to have this type of thing default to "off" for new users since it may not be obvious where to change it.

cass

Feb 19, 2003, 12:07 AM
Post #31 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

In reply to:
The Top Ten page isn't updating, and so has failed to record a momentous event - the NRP gathering thread becoming the most viewed topic ever on the site. :cry:

:evil: :?
GGGGRRRRRrrrrrr

katydid

Feb 19, 2003, 12:52 PM
Post #32 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

In my profile, I set email notification to "off" for thread replies, and I'm still getting email notification.

It's working correctly for PM's; just not forums.

k.

orangekyak

Feb 19, 2003, 2:33 PM
Post #33 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

I have found a number of problems in a number of places.

- the aforementioned profile issues

- NRP thread is all foo'd up. no posts appear on high-number pages

- my state area doesn't allow me to manage it

- routes dbase doesn't allow edits

I'm mentioning these to be constructive - I like the changes so far.

The major question I have, for trevor or tim or whomever, is could you please let us know what you are working on? I believe you are working your butts off to pull it all together and that it is a lot of work. But can you let us know what your priorities are - what can we expect as a time frame?

I'm not trying to be pushy, just hoping for something like "You can expect the site to work at about 60% for a couple weeks. There are major issues with the server, blah blah blah. None of the individual functions will improve until we solve that ..." Or something like that.

Thanks, jeremy

venezuela

Feb 19, 2003, 3:37 PM
Post #34 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

can't access/can't see:
1). my profile info
2) my pics

also:
5). I had submitted photos (were pending approval), now don't know where they are, nor what happened to them
6) a lot of the links on the left side menu are gone: "my photos", "submit new photo, etc..
7) when I click on the RC.com logo, an error comes up, and the page doesn't appear right.

THANKS!!!!

crzerdriver

Feb 19, 2003, 3:38 PM
Post #35 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

My time is limited (just a few minutes between jobs) so I don't have time to read through pages of posts to prevent duplication - here goes:

--This site is now slow as h*ll!
--Tons of "fatal errors"
--Route data base is messed up. When I attempt to make a new post to a specific state I get "Page not found"
--During a search query, it finds and lists posts that have nothing to do with the entered keyword
--The side bar is screwed up! "My Friends" won't work, can't edit profile there (have to click on the top bar), "Whose on line" is gone (have to read the fine print at the bottom of the Forum Index to fine this), you can't "find people", and the pro-athletes are missing
--"My Photos" is gone
--"See my public profile" does not work - I have to find one of my old posts to view my own profile now
--When I go to a specific state and click on "top rated user" -- it doesn't go to their profile, also, I can't pull up new users under "What's new" in the state
--While sending a PM you get this message: "you must specify a object when posting a new topic." I'm sending a PM not making a post! There is no need for space consuming subject each time I send a PM
--New profile lacks our personal information - needs pulled over from the old profiles (including profile photo, age, etc). This information is useful when looking for climbing partners
--Profile interest box needs to be much larger - the signature box sould be much smaller or eliminated altogether
--Yahoo IM icon is present but MSN messenger icon is not
--Who cares about a space consuming "signature" when your user name appears in every PM/post?
--I CAN "find all posts by user" in the the profile box but CANNOT find pictures posted by that user
--The font/size sucks big time for those of us who wear glasses. The old font/size was much easier to see
--When I first attempted to edit my post I got "page cannot be displayed"

That's just the beginning, I bet you're glad I have to get back to work!

andy_lemon

Feb 19, 2003, 3:53 PM
Post #36 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

Man.. you guys are going to be busy for the next month or two, if not longer. Wish we could all help?

josephine

Feb 19, 2003, 4:13 PM
Post #37 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

Oh,my God!Give them a chance!Grrrrrrrrr....You all just complaining! :x
Wait and see!

Grrrrrrr....!

jt512

Feb 19, 2003, 4:14 PM
Post #38 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

I don't receive PM notifications at the top of the screen, even though i have set this feature to "yes" on my profile.

theooze

Feb 19, 2003, 4:41 PM
Post #39 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

I'm with sweet Penny! Jeez, they're trying hard to bring the site architecture into the 21st century. I'm sure it'd be much easier to create a new, empty state-of-the-art site than to upgrade with this huge existing database. It'll be sweet if they can pull it off.

Let's give credit where credit is due, fer chrissake.

Partner polarwid

Feb 19, 2003, 5:12 PM
Post #40 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

m [In reply to]
Report this Post

:x Can not delete a duplicate post :x

Have to put this in to take care of it!

Partner polarwid

Feb 19, 2003, 5:14 PM
Post #41 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

1) No profile :cry:
2) No moderator privis
3) No Area Manager privis
4) No Featured Area management
5) No Featured Article management
6) No Photo Editor privis
7) No Article Editor privis
8 ) No Area manger forum
9) No M&E forum
10) Random order of forums (no longer in most posts order)
11) Numerous areas giving errors when added to or edited
12) Siiiiiiiiiiiite...muuuuch...slooooower...
13) No friends
14) No Killfile
15) Routes database page format changed and difficult to read. No seperation between section and areas, all a big jumbled mess!!!
16) ROUTES DATABASE COMPLETELY UNUSABLE. YOU CAN NOT ADD ANYTHING TO ANY COUNTRY, REGION, AREA OR SECTION. IT REPEATEDLY TELLS YOU THAT YOU MUST BE SIGNED ON OR REGISTER TO DO ANY OF THIS. REPEAT, YOU CAN NOT ADD ANYTHING TO THE ROUTES DATABASE!!!
17) No voting or comments on PHOTOS.
18 ) No photo albums.
19) Contributors page all screwed up.
20) Thanks for upgrading, I am sure most of this will get fixed!

thomasribiere

Feb 19, 2003, 6:59 PM
Post #42 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

my neighbor's dog has diarrhea. Is rc.com update responsible for it? :shock:

no_limit

Feb 19, 2003, 10:47 PM
Post #43 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

I have all the same problems as polarwid.

I have friends though :D :D :lol: :lol: :D :D heehee

jds100

Feb 20, 2003, 12:25 AM
Post #44 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

I noticed in the "Post a reply" page that just came up (that I am using as I write this) that the "Subject" box is blank, as if this were a New Topic, instead of a Reply.

Also, the same as many others, I am unable to access any of my Moderating abilities and State Manager abilities. As stated, the Routes Database pages come up with a number of error messages at the bottom.

Somehow, I got to the old RC.com homepage, although quite a few of the links on the left margin menu did not function. The left margin menu is, of course, different once I enter the forums, as is the top of the page.

For editting my Profile, I would have preferred much more room to give a description of myself and my interests, as in the old version. And, I would think we really don't need or want a bunch of long-winded (up to 255 characters) signatures to be attached to posts in the forums.

The site is very slow, and I have high-speed service, so for dial-up it must be excruciating. I think I saw Tim's reply about working on this problem a day or two ago, but I don't remember which Forum or thread, and I don't care to wait for a Search for it.

But, I am confident that the braintrust of programmers will finalize the improvements to RC.com soon, and we'll all be taking it for granted again. Thanks for the hard work.

jds100

Feb 20, 2003, 12:32 AM
Post #45 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

Well, I just lost my post to this topic with some sort of error message about DEBUG; something about a template error.

Now, I noticed that the message did post, but I kept getting the DEBUG error message, instead of being told the reply had been submitted.

So, in addtion to what's been said, add that.

In the Profile, I'd much rather have a lot more room for personal information (interests, age, etc. and what happened to info about Hostel, Room, etc.?) I'd suggest limiting or eliminating the Signature feature; I don't want a bunch of silly 255 character Signatures taking up a lot of space in the Forums everytime somebody posts. We need to be able to add pictures to our Profiles.

The Routes Database pages come up with a lot of error messages at the bottom.

I can't access any of my Moderator or Manager abilities.

The old RC.com homepage comes up sometime (I don't know how), but, as previously mentioned, many of the links on the left hand margin don't work.

The site is very slow, and I have high-speed service. For dial-up, it must be excruciating. It doesn't matter if you're clicking a link or going Back with the toolbar, or whatever. It's just slow.

"Notify me when a reply is posted" should definitely be defaulted to empty, not checked.

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm confident that the braintrust behind RC.com will have the improvements finalized soon, and we'll be back to taking it all for granted.

jds100

Feb 20, 2003, 12:47 AM
Post #46 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

May I suggest an email or PM to all the Managers, Moderators and Admins notifiying us when our Mod, Admin and Managing abilities are restored? Thanks.

josher

Feb 20, 2003, 12:55 AM
Post #47 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

i personally havent noticed a slow-down as far as site speed goes. I feel it was ALWAYS slow. Slow to log on, slow to search, slow to post.

Partner rrrADAM

Feb 20, 2003, 3:26 PM
Post #48 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

Photos submitted have no "owner"... User name is not inserting into the field "automatically" as it did before.

Note to all users... PLEASE, do not submit any pics until this is fixed, they will only be deleted.

theooze

Feb 20, 2003, 5:29 PM
Post #49 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

Polarwid needs his featured area management back, please. The NRP blurb is ready to go.

Partner rrrADAM

Feb 20, 2003, 6:59 PM
Post #50 of 72 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post

"privies" are being worked on for Mods and Editors alike.

The Photo submission bug is fixed, thanx Tim. :D

The old profiles are still intact, and we will be going back to them.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook