Feb 27, 2007, 6:20 AM
Post #76 of 94 (947 views)
Shortcut

Re: [krillen] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

krillen wrote:
Thread ressurect much?

If you look at the post before mine it has a post date of Feb 26th. How was I supposed to notice the 2006?

bustloose

Feb 27, 2007, 7:46 PM
Post #77 of 94 (936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgloporto] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto wrote:
I Want People to Like Me Because I Am Popular Punk-Like Bands

Henry Rollins Band

I agree and disagree with lots of things that have been said here, but this, i disagree with more than anything else. Henry Rollins as a wannabe... riiiiight.

krillen

Feb 27, 2007, 8:02 PM
Post #78 of 94 (932 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fiend] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fiend wrote:
krillen wrote:
Thread ressurect much?

If you look at the post before mine it has a post date of Feb 26th. How was I supposed to notice the 2006?

Saying 2007 still feels so wrong....

devils_advocate

Feb 27, 2007, 8:08 PM
Post #79 of 94 (923 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bustloose] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bustloose wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
I Want People to Like Me Because I Am Popular Punk-Like Bands

Henry Rollins Band

I agree and disagree with lots of things that have been said here, but this, i disagree with more than anything else. Henry Rollins as a wannabe... riiiiight.

Wasn't Henry Rollins working as a Veejay on MTV for awhile?

jgloporto

Feb 27, 2007, 8:14 PM
Post #80 of 94 (918 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bustloose] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bustloose wrote:
jgloporto wrote:
Punk-Like Music for Surfers and People Who Like Tribal Tattoos

Henry Rollins Band
Honorable Mention to The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best Punk Band Tattooed on Henry Rollins

The Misfits
Honorable Mention to Black Flag

Fixed.

dr_feelgood

Mar 6, 2007, 4:16 AM
Post #81 of 94 (897 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgloporto] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dragging this beeeyaatch up from page three

Best Crazy Russian Polka Band doing Punk Rock

Gogol Bordello

Honorable mention.... Who needs an honorable mention....

snoopy138

Mar 6, 2007, 4:47 AM
Post #82 of 94 (892 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Dragging this beeeyaatch up from page three

Best Crazy Russian Polka Band doing Punk Rock

Gogol Bordello

Honorable mention.... Who needs an honorable mention....

I've heard these guys on Pandora ... I like it.

anthonycuskelly

Mar 6, 2007, 9:14 AM
Post #83 of 94 (885 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good Riddance. Followed by Millencolin.

elvislegs

Mar 6, 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #84 of 94 (874 views)
Shortcut

Re: [anthonycuskelly] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

OMG! this is such a funny thread.

tgreene is just so precious that i want to eat him up and have him come out in my doodie.

here's a category for you:

i couldn't can't carry a tune in a goddam bucket and i don't know how to tune my guitar so i've decided to call the unlistenable monkey shit that i am playing "punk," because i once heard there were no rules in punk. hopefully no one will hassle me about it because despite the tattoos and bad ass persona, i am actually a very insecure and fearful person.

the best band in this category is: 85% of all punk bands, ever to take the stage, anywhere.

with honorable mention going to social D

devils_advocate

Mar 6, 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #85 of 94 (867 views)
Shortcut

Re: [elvislegs] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

elvislegs wrote:
i couldn't can't carry a tune in a goddam bucket and i don't know how to tune my guitar so i've decided to call the unlistenable monkey shit that i am playing "punk," because i once heard there were no rules in punk. hopefully no one will hassle me about it because despite the tattoos and bad ass persona, i am actually a very insecure and fearful person.

the best band in this category is: 85% of all punk bands, ever to take the stage, anywhere.

The essence of that could be said about most modern music: rock, rap, jazz, country, any form of freestyle. I suppose we should have never let the expressionists alter classical music, it’s been all downhill since the baroque era.

You might be amazed how much bigger the world is if you open your eyes. You’re the only one missing out by being closed minded.

(This post was edited by devils_advocate on Mar 6, 2007, 10:57 PM)

elvislegs

Mar 6, 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #86 of 94 (856 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devils_advocate] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
I suppose we should have never let the expressionists alter classical music, it’s been all downhill since the baroque era.

if it aint baroque, don't fix it.

devils_advocate

Mar 7, 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #87 of 94 (843 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Interesting. What happened to your prior attempt at a witty little rebuttal on subjectiveness and literary criticism? More importantly, how were you able to change it without showing an edit at the bottom?

-dad

elvislegs

Mar 7, 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #88 of 94 (840 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i decided this more accurately illustrated my point. i used the delete button.

jgloporto

Mar 7, 2007, 3:41 AM
Post #89 of 94 (826 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

elvislegs wrote:
here's a category for you:

with honorable mention going to social D

Pff... like anyone ever cared about anything anyone from Idaho ever thought about anything. (Heh, heh... that was a good sentence.)

Besides, like jazz, with punk you have to hear the notes they are not playing and also like jazz, it's all about beating the guy next to you at the show nearly to death and then picking him up when he falls down so no one steps on him (or at least I think that's what they also do at jazz clubs. Jazz is so irritating, they gotta do the same thing at those jazz places, right?).

Anywho, the Misfits rock... and like the best things in life, they are from New Jersey.

petsfed

Mar 7, 2007, 5:01 PM
Post #90 of 94 (814 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
elvislegs wrote:

The essence of that could be said about most modern music: rock, rap, jazz, country, any form of freestyle. I suppose we should have never let the expressionists alter classical music, it’s been all downhill since the baroque era.

You might be amazed how much bigger the world is if you open your eyes. You’re the only one missing out by being closed minded.

I've always wondered, when music nerds start arguing, whether its an elaborate mating ritual or do they really care that much what other people think of the music they listen to.

jgloporto

Mar 7, 2007, 5:10 PM
Post #91 of 94 (806 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] The best Punk band ever..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:

I've always wondered, when music nerds start arguing, whether its an elaborate mating ritual or do they really care that much what other people think of the music they listen to.

Interesting observation... not unlike debating shoe types or grigris vs. atc's or whatever other shit we all endlessly debate around here...

Makes perfect sense to me now... we are all just trying to get laid. In fact, now that I think about it, most of what I do is done with that objective in mind.

devils_advocate

Mar 7, 2007, 5:16 PM
Post #92 of 94 (805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:

Weren’t you the guy talking about 5th Order Polynomials while the rest of us were talking about Hookers, Blow, and Boulder Bashing?

I used to wonder, when math nerds start arguing if it’s some elaborate mating ritual... then I remembered math nerds die alone with a life full of boring memories to reflect on their death beds. Tongue

Partner camhead

Mar 7, 2007, 7:43 PM
Post #93 of 94 (797 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
elvislegs wrote:

clearly, d_a, you know jackski shitski about jazz.

petsfed

Mar 8, 2007, 7:17 AM
Post #94 of 94 (781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
petsfed wrote:

Weren’t you the guy talking about 5th Order Polynomials while the rest of us were talking about Hookers, Blow, and Boulder Bashing?

I used to wonder, when math nerds start arguing if it’s some elaborate mating ritual... then I remembered math nerds die alone with a life full of boring memories to reflect on their death beds. Tongue

Eh, I was trying to legitimately helpful in a field I had some understanding. Real punk rock? I know just enough to know that I have zero expertise here.

/off to listen to Uncle Tupelo

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook