Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Aug 25, 2014, 5:18 PM
Post #103226 of 105309 (6870 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Wrapping up mah Utah trip here; the Taco is loaded down with paintings, guns, wine, and power tools. Heading down South to the redrock in Capitol Reef for one more book lecture, then busting over to Moab, then to RADo where I may try to climb with Angry. Then back to Dubbya Vee just in time for Labor Day. I guess it's been raining there the whole time I've been gone, woohoo!

Got pulled over last night on the way home from a friend's house, for going 30 in a 25.

what the fuck?

snoopy138

Aug 25, 2014, 5:19 PM
Post #103227 of 105309 (6867 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
I find all the Unibroue stuff kinda....flowery?

typical Belgian beer taste.

snoopy138

Aug 25, 2014, 5:25 PM
Post #103228 of 105309 (6864 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Actual spray from teh weke end!

After about a year of off-and-on werk, I finally zent teh Five-Finger Discount. Easily the hardest thing I've redpointed. After falling off post-crux on the move to the thank-god sideways fingerlock slot jug my first two tries of the day, I figured I'd put in a third burn, which usually isn't successful. Got to the rest okay, but felt shittier heading up into the crux than I had the first two tries. Got through the crux moves to the same throw for the jug-slot, and had just enough left to get into it. Got the clips, moved up into the mini-rest, and barely held it together for the move to the ankers.

Back to the Drive-by now, I guess.

caughtinside

Aug 25, 2014, 5:30 PM
Post #103229 of 105309 (6857 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good work.

The extra burn is always a curious thing. It can either be you climb light and execute perfectly with low expectations and you bag the send, or it can just be the total debacle where you just get whipped.

No climbing for me. Loafed by a pool sat and brunched on sun.

dr_feelgood

Aug 25, 2014, 5:36 PM
Post #103230 of 105309 (6852 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Rolling rock!

That takes me back. Always disliked rolling rock, but not enough to not drink it if it's all we had.

Yeah... I guess.

Rolling Rock sucks. Skunky.

Went out for drinks with some fiernds in SLC the other night. Utah alcohol laws have changed a bit (no more private club laws, you can have more than one drink per person at the table now), but they still have that stupid fucking 3.2% restriction. You can get higher alcohol content beers in regular bars now, and there is even a good new microbrewery called Epic that makes good full strength beers, but it is completely impossible to get full-strength beer on tap ANYWHERE in Utah. Even if you visit the Epic brewery, they can only serve you their stuff in bottles.

So, when you order a beer on tap, they serve it to you in this huge 24 oz mug so you still get some sort of buzz, and you wind up waterlogged and bloated for the rest of the night. Booooo.

very Utah-rded

interesting. I work with a couple guys from utah and they told me the microbrew scene there is terrific. And these guys like their beer.

Although I should add that I am a big fan of low alcohol beer. I don't really understand the attraction of over proofed beers, they taste like ass and you get wasted off of one. That's no fun.

Don't go to Quebec then.

I still have an over sized Unibroue Maudite in my fridge from February. I think the bottle is a full liter and it's 8%. I have no idea when I'm going to drink it.

It's probibly 750 ml, though I guess it's possible they do full liter-a-colabeer for the canadian market.

Next person to say shenanigans is getting pistol whipped.

dr_feelgood

Aug 25, 2014, 5:41 PM
Post #103231 of 105309 (6850 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Good work.

The extra burn is always a curious thing. It can either be you climb light and execute perfectly with low expectations and you bag the send, or it can just be the total debacle where you just get whipped.

No climbing for me. Loafed by a pool sat and brunched on sun.

Yeah, it rained for five days straight (super strange for a MT august), so i just made food, bread, and drank beer. Hard life.
I made a kick-ass chili saturday, complete with cast-iron cornbread, and yesterday, I made a delicious wheat bread and a peanut-veggie stew.

Bring on the fall blorty. Now if I can just shoot something, we'll be good. Maybe TPcollins can help me.

lena_chita

Aug 25, 2014, 6:17 PM
Post #103232 of 105309 (6842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Wrapping up mah Utah trip here; the Taco is loaded down with paintings, guns, wine, and power tools. Heading down South to the redrock in Capitol Reef for one more book lecture, then busting over to Moab, then to RADo where I may try to climb with Angry. Then back to Dubbya Vee just in time for Labor Day. I guess it's been raining there the whole time I've been gone, woohoo!

Got pulled over last night on the way home from a friend's house, for going 30 in a 25.

what the fuck?

What, it has never happened to you?

granite_grrl

Aug 25, 2014, 6:49 PM
Post #103233 of 105309 (6837 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Rolling rock!

That takes me back. Always disliked rolling rock, but not enough to not drink it if it's all we had.

Yeah... I guess.

Went out for drinks with some fiernds in SLC the other night. Utah alcohol laws have changed a bit (no more private club laws, you can have more than one drink per person at the table now), but they still have that stupid fucking 3.2% restriction. You can get higher alcohol content beers in regular bars now, and there is even a good new microbrewery called Epic that makes good full strength beers, but it is completely impossible to get full-strength beer on tap ANYWHERE in Utah. Even if you visit the Epic brewery, they can only serve you their stuff in bottles.

So, when you order a beer on tap, they serve it to you in this huge 24 oz mug so you still get some sort of buzz, and you wind up waterlogged and bloated for the rest of the night. Booooo.

very Utah-rded

interesting. I work with a couple guys from utah and they told me the microbrew scene there is terrific. And these guys like their beer.

Although I should add that I am a big fan of low alcohol beer. I don't really understand the attraction of over proofed beers, they taste like ass and you get wasted off of one. That's no fun.

Don't go to Quebec then.

I still have an over sized Unibroue Maudite in my fridge from February. I think the bottle is a full liter and it's 8%. I have no idea when I'm going to drink it.

It's probibly 750 ml, though I guess it's possible they do full liter-a-colabeer for the canadian market.

This is kerrect.

granite_grrl

Aug 25, 2014, 6:59 PM
Post #103234 of 105309 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gud werk Snupe.

I just did a shit ton of figure-4ing on Saturday at the climbing festival. My hands hurt so bad by the end of it! We made $155 for the Ontario Access Coalition though and still had 19 beer left. Things did get messy though with numbers as we allowed people to donate a beer to attempt the figure-4 stuff. On the bright side of that is a beer from another local company was left in the cooler which I haven't been able to get my hands onto until now (the brewery is ~1hour away and don't seem to sell in town).

We climbed on Sunday, but I was a wreck from the figure-4s, and Nathan was hung over. He also forgot his harness and had to make himself a harness from a cordo and a 2ft runner. I was climbing like crap and didn't hop on anything harder than 5.10, not really wanting to make Nathan catch any falls while wearing that get up.

We wrapped up around 1:30 in the afternoon, went to a little bakery for lunch and Nathan went home early. This also means we both got full nights sleep, which was rad.

Partner epoch

Aug 25, 2014, 9:46 PM
Post #103235 of 105309 (6823 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Rolling rock!

Yeah... I guess.

very Utah-rded

Don't go to Quebec then.

Next person to say shenanigans is getting pistol whipped.

snoopy138

Aug 25, 2014, 11:14 PM
Post #103236 of 105309 (6813 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Good work.

yeah, was definitely expecting the latter. got lucky.

snoopy138

Aug 25, 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #103237 of 105309 (6811 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

what the fuck?

What, it has never happened to you?

for going that slow? no.

caughtinside

Aug 26, 2014, 1:04 AM
Post #103238 of 105309 (6800 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey GG,

Just saw my first one of these yesterday. Ford has gotten in on the sprinter fun.

http://www.ford.com/...s/transitcommercial/

Looks pretty cool, although they don't do a diesel. I don't know the cost of a new sprinter but these seem reasonable.

caughtinside

Aug 26, 2014, 1:06 AM
Post #103239 of 105309 (6799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was rong. They do have a diesel option.

dr_feelgood

Aug 26, 2014, 1:08 AM
Post #103240 of 105309 (6796 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
That's the ticket. Fuck petrol.

caughtinside

Aug 26, 2014, 2:06 AM
Post #103241 of 105309 (6790 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

It's a pure numbers game. I don't know the mpg of the various engine options, but the diesel is $6k more than the gas. There is an ecoboost gas engine that is $2k more. Didn't see mpg listed anywhere though.

Partner epoch

Aug 26, 2014, 3:46 AM
Post #103242 of 105309 (6781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

It's a pure numbers game. I don't know the mpg of the various engine options, but the diesel is $6k more than the gas. There is an ecoboost gas engine that is $2k more. Didn't see mpg listed anywhere though.
I couldn't find any MPG listing nor a fuel tank capacity. The I5 diesel engine is promising. It has some torque and would also be good for towing. I'm particular on 4WD, though. I am sure that 2WD works for most, but I've grown accustomed to being able to click it in and get somewhere a bit off the beaten track. I couldn't make it to Valley Of The Moon, for example, in this.

dr_feelgood

Aug 26, 2014, 5:47 AM
Post #103243 of 105309 (6770 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Fuck.
Money = social construct based on the relative durability of gold molecules.
MPG = chemical-mechanical reality based on available technology and cocksuckers[nttatwwt] who value a goddamned signifier over fucking pure efficiency.
Am I the only one who cares about the rules!?

granite_grrl

Aug 26, 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #103244 of 105309 (6758 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Yeah, once you added in the diesel engine it wasn't that much cheaper than the Sprinter. Plus the seats are really high and Nathan kinda has to slouch to see out the front window. (we already took it for a test drive). I liked it well enough though, good turning radius for a vehicle that size too. It's wider too, a touch over 6' wide vs closer to 5'8" with the Sprinter. If it were just me I could have the bed going the width of the vehicle.

At the rate we're going it's probably going to be 2015 if we go new before we order a van anyway. So at this point I kinda want to wait and see the Ford Transit too.

granite_grrl

Aug 26, 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #103245 of 105309 (6757 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I couldn't find any MPG listing nor a fuel tank capacity. The I5 diesel engine is promising. It has some torque and would also be good for towing. I'm particular on 4WD, though. I am sure that 2WD works for most, but I've grown accustomed to being able to click it in and get somewhere a bit off the beaten track. I couldn't make it to Valley Of The Moon, for example, in this.

4x4 Sprinter is coming to North America in 2015. But I'm already choking on the cost of a new Sprinter without 4x4.

None of the companies will list the MPG of a vehicle like this. The best place I've found so far for this kind of info is http://www.Fuelly.com. The Promaster is actually a Fiat and has been running around Europe as the Ducato, but there's not too many on there with the gasoline engine.

caughtinside

Aug 26, 2014, 4:04 PM
Post #103246 of 105309 (6732 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

4x4 Sprinter is coming to North America in 2015. But I'm already choking on the cost of a new Sprinter without 4x4.

None of the companies will list the MPG of a vehicle like this. The best place I've found so far for this kind of info is http://www.Fuelly.com. The Promaster is actually a Fiat and has been running around Europe as the Ducato, but there's not too many on there with the gasoline engine.

The problem with 4x4 in most places is that you need it for less than 1% of your driving, but it increases cost by quite a bit, both paying for the option up front then constantly in lower mpg.

There's definitely times where I wish I still had the Land Hog so I could ski powder or get into the two climbing areas that need it around here but at the end of the day it simply isn't worth the money (to me). I'd rather spend my money on wine.

The other factor is that I wouldn't feel comfortable offloading in a brand new 50k sprinter. But I imagine that 4x4 would be more for snow than heavy off road. Those things don't have burly suspensions.

All that goes out the window if you're rich though.

snoopy138

Aug 26, 2014, 4:56 PM
Post #103247 of 105309 (6719 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Fuck.
MPG = chemical-mechanical reality based on available technology and cocksuckers[nttatwwt] who value a goddamned signifier over fucking pure efficiency.

uhh, money is pretty divorced from gold at this point, doc.

granite_grrl

Aug 26, 2014, 5:30 PM
Post #103248 of 105309 (6710 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

The problem with 4x4 in most places is that you need it for less than 1% of your driving, but it increases cost by quite a bit, both paying for the option up front then constantly in lower mpg.

There's definitely times where I wish I still had the Land Hog so I could ski powder or get into the two climbing areas that need it around here but at the end of the day it simply isn't worth the money (to me). I'd rather spend my money on wine.

The other factor is that I wouldn't feel comfortable offloading in a brand new 50k sprinter. But I imagine that 4x4 would be more for snow than heavy off road. Those things don't have burly suspensions.

With modern traction control and a set of snow tires I think you're set with most vehicles out there for winter driving.

If it was a $2k option I might think about getting 4 wheel drive, but it's probably more like a $10k option so no fucking way.

caughtinside

Aug 26, 2014, 5:38 PM
Post #103249 of 105309 (6705 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

With modern traction control and a set of snow tires I think you're set with most vehicles out there for winter driving.

If it was a $2k option I might think about getting 4 wheel drive, but it's probably more like a $10k option so no fucking way.

oh yes I forgot to mention that if you live in a snowy place awd or 4x4 makes a lot more sense.

dr_feelgood

Aug 26, 2014, 6:27 PM
Post #103250 of 105309 (6693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Fuck.

uhh, money is pretty divorced from gold at this point, doc.
At this point, yes. But the dollar was once on the gold standard, and it was only in 1973(?) that the price of gold was floated by Nixon.
I think I will win this argument.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook